RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI develops new client

Rylock

Wanderer
Not so. All items will be still exist, but that doesn't mean they won't have a changed look with the new client. It doesn't mean that the neon hues won't be replaced by hues of the same colour but not so horrid.

Anyway, it seems like they're out for the next client.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=1&Number=6784194&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1&what2=showflat&selv=&vwhich=

Fourth post from the bottom. Unless real Ultima fans like neon shit, which I highly doubt, we're to expect some kind of progress on hues.

Jeff

Lord
Rylock said:
Not so. All items will be still exist, but that doesn't mean they won't have a changed look with the new client. It doesn't mean that the neon hues won't be replaced by hues of the same colour but not so horrid.

Anyway, it seems like they're out for the next client.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=1&Number=6784194&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1&what2=showflat&selv=&vwhich=

Fourth post from the bottom. Unless real Ultima fans like neon shit, which I highly doubt, we're to expect some kind of progress on hues.
Well tickly me pink....R-A-D

Rylock said:
Yeah, you sure have a point there with AoS. I just don't think going first-person or Oblivion-style third person is the solution.

Perhaps that they'll start undoing the damage with this new client. One of the UO devs did make it pretty clear neons would not be making it into the new client. It's a start, I guess.

Nononono not first person view. Keep the same view, add the same quality of gfx as oblivion.

-Storm

Jeff

Lord
Storm33229 said:
Nononono not first person view. Keep the same view, add the same quality of gfx as oblivion.

-Storm
Looks like thats what they are doing you just cant see the great detail cause its so far away.

carlos99

Wanderer
If EA wants to milk their new client, they should atleast start closing player run servers that support new client. Even better if they started closing all big player run shards, after they have released the new client.

carlos99 said:
If EA wants to milk their new client, they should atleast start closing player run servers that support new client. Even better if they started closing all big player run shards, after they have released the new client.

Lol, as-if.

LordHogFred

Knight
carlos99 said:

lol, someone knows how to make friends.

Rabban

Sorceror
carlos99 said:

Dag nabbit! Don't post that here. We know OSI folks read our forums to get ideas; don't post that because then they'll read it and say it was their idea!

Thoughts of a OSI developer after reading carlos99's post: Brilliant! Why didn't we think of this years ago?

zombiedepot

Wanderer
I think the new client looks fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up. UO will never get the respect it deserves from EA, but this is promising. I've said for years, all they need to do is update the graphics.

Come 2007, and I'll buy it, then hope like hell it works with RunUO. I'll probably never pay a monthly fee for it, because I prefer the smaller player shard communities anyway. Might see some of you guys on the 30 day trial though.

I am concerned it will change the interface too much, not work with RunUO, or simply just get canceled like the rest of EA's attempts. They have to do something to ressurect this game though, and hopefully that something does not kill the server emulators.

Macil

Sorceror
arul said:
It looks like Diablo 2 :confused:

I was thinking that exactly! Or Nox. Why is it we have to wait like 9 years for a graphics update like this to bring the game up to the level of technology games were using 9 years ago?! I'm trilled EA or whoever is working on UO now is throwing this out there for us to use and all. But shouldn't we be expecting something more along the lines of some of the games that are out nowadays? Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, D&D Online, etc. I still think they need to make something like Ultima X Odyssey.

Andzx

Wanderer
Thank God that it is still 2D. Why? Because the camera is good as opposed to the 3D camera that needs turning all the time and where you cant see behind yourself. 3D would hurt UO's quite unique PvP which is indeed unique, nothing comes even close to the complexity of the PvP that UO has. Though I will say that if the 3D camera would keep the same angle as 2D It would be usable too, but if it turned out to be another warcraft then it just isnt it anymore.

Kiwi

Knight
They can change the client all they want, a tile-based movement system is still so 1996 it's not even funny.