RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI develops new client

tbh, i don't like the look of the new characters from the flash video... maybe it's just me... but they looked a little more depixilated than they do now. And yes... I have my high-res settings on.

-Storm

Tee312

Wanderer
actually, thats one thing about it all agree with.. i dont like the look of the new characters either.. but the monsters i did like

nomad707

Knight
don't form solid opinions of monsters and characters yet. It still has Several months untill its released. They could possibly still be working on animations, since it appears the character is wearing lord british armor (or something like it) either way, it looks way better then our beyond outdated 2d client. I like it alot, and im going to pre-order as soon as i get the chance.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I could have sworn Ankh started this topic and had a link to Stratics, where there were much clearer pictures. Now I'm really confused...

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I really like, how this could make all the monsters that don't look like they belong in the game suddenly fit in.

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel said:
It shouldn't change anything at all. I would assume that this client would work like the other one (same packets, etc.) with new graphics so people could use either client to play their servers. I guess we'll have to wait and find out though.

That depends since well all the artwork in the game is used generated and displayed client side it would be a major pain in the ass if they switched from the .mul files they are using now and went to something else. Granted it may use the same packets but that dosen't mean they can't set up a second set of art work files and have it send the proper packets back to which ever client your using (the new up coming or the current) so it reads the correct files. Doing that would completely screw the ability to use it with RunUO without doing major modification to the Distro and most likely some core mods.

Rabban

Sorceror
I may actually pay OSI some money again. The last time was when I bought my copy of T2A, played my free month, and promptly went to play on free shards.

If they follow through with this client, I may actually provide them some $$ to possibly make more things in the future.

As for the compatability with RunUO, I am fully confident that whatever they conjure up, the folks here will be able get it working.

Manu

Knight
Rabban said:
I may actually pay OSI some money again.

Let me answer that with an analogy based on "Pulp Fiction":

"Hey, I know you assraped me for nearly 4 years now, but you have this REALLY shiny thing in your store and I'd just LOVE to give you money for it."

Or in a shorter version:

Not a fucking chance in hell!

bzk90

Lord
Those pics are 1024x768 :) It would be so awesome if the new client supports super high res (1600x1200) and widescreen...5.1 surround sound would be nice as well

Manu

Knight
Kind of would take the game out of the stone age... wouldnt bet to much money on the sound issue, though. 5.1 surround in an isometric view... uah.

Grimklash

Wanderer
Taking a close look at the screenshots it seems more a 2d client they are showing at this time.To me it looks kinda looks like the old Baulders Gate graphics.

I'm just glad they finaly updated the client.

bzk90 said:
Those pics are 1024x768 :) It would be so awesome if the new client supports super high res (1600x1200) and widescreen...5.1 surround sound would be nice as well

OMG!! That's my reso as well lolz. Yes, UO def. needs better res support.

-Storm

WarAngel

Wanderer
Grimklash said:
Taking a close look at the screenshots it seems more a 2d client they are showing at this time.To me it looks kinda looks like the old Baulders Gate graphics.

Hell, 2.5D Iso like BG is better than the shit on UO right now. ;D

Johabius

Knight
Grimklash said:
To me it looks kinda looks like the old Baulders Gate graphics.

Funny you should mention that, I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal right now;)
On Topic...yes I think almost everyone would agree that it's about time they updated the client:)