RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI develops new client

Slayer706

Sorceror
Don't get your hopes up yet everyone. After seeing EAs reputation with scrapping projects at the last second when it comes to UO, this client is nothing but vaporware to me until it is actually released. Also, knowing OSI, they will still probably goof it up somehow.

I may actually pay OSI some money again. The last time was when I bought my copy of T2A, played my free month, and promptly went to play on free shards.
It is a new client, not a new game. If you only played UO for the graphics you have some problems because even the new client graphics are low calibur compared to Halo 2 or Medal of Honor. EA will never get my money for UO unless they make the game fun to play again.

Tee312

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
Don't get your hopes up yet everyone. After seeing EAs reputation with scrapping projects at the last second when it comes to UO, this client is nothing but vaporware to me until it is actually released. Also, knowing OSI, they will still probably goof it up somehow.

It is a new client, not a new game. If you only played UO for the graphics you have some problems because even the new client graphics are low calibur compared to Halo 2 or Medal of Honor. EA will never get my money for UO unless they make the game fun to play again.

i agree 100% slayer, they ahve been known to pull a system or project at the last minute, just like the profiency system we were gonna have, they said they probably wasnt gonna continue it.. so ya.. we really shouldnt worry to much, until its out, and also remember - theres alternatives to almost everything

Slayer706 said:

I have to agree with you on this. IMO, EA needs to convert UO into a 3D game... completely... no more 2D, they need to take Oblivions GFX and put them into UO and still have it be a god view game. UO has beautiful GFX for a 2D 1997 game... but, as of right now...they are teh suxxor.

-Storm

Rabban

Sorceror
Slayer706 said:

I'm not saying it's a new game.

I am saying that I personally would rather pay for an improvement in graphics than a bunch of crappy content. I think their efforts would be better put in improving game play rather than trying to make random stuff for content. I again question the addition of samurais and elves.

Joeku

Lord
I think that Samurais are too far into real-world culture; it takes some of the fantasy out of the game. Then they tried to add Elves to compensate for that, but they overdid it... :(

nomad707

Knight
joeku is 100% correct... samurais and shit in UO??? that totally ruined it for me.. i stayed with osi untill samurai edition. then i cancelled my account. I might actually reactivate if it isnt too retarted this time..

poopthrower said:
joeku is 100% correct... samurais and shit in UO??? that totally ruined it for me.. i stayed with osi untill samurai edition. then i cancelled my account. I might actually reactivate if it isnt too retarted this time..

...*wonders where we got the Katana in the first place*

-Storm

nomad707

Knight
it actually came from lord british, he invented it, contrary to popular beleif that the katana has roots from the orient.

Killamus

Knight
Meh, I wouldn't pay for it. EA could have done alot better, something to rival morrowind or oblivion. But no, they did this. Better then nothing I suppose...

psz

Administrator
poopthrower said:

Ultima 5 had a town that was *COMPLETELY* Asian, as was one of the main lands of Ultima 1.

While IRL we had Knights and Plate Armor, IRL there were Samurai. Why would a fantasy world be any different? No one complains about Kara-Tur in the Forgotten Realms...

Rylock

Wanderer
Meh, I wouldn't pay for it. EA could have done alot better, something to rival morrowind or oblivion. But no, they did this. Better then nothing I suppose...

Turning UO into an Oblivion-style game would ruin the feel. After all, this is the same game with updated graphics. If they turned UO oblivion-style, it'd become overly similar to games like WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest 2.

I don't think having UO look like every other MMORPG while destroying the basic gameplay style we've has had for nearing 10 years is a wise move for EA if they want to keep their players.

Rylock said:
Turning UO into an Oblivion-style game would ruin the feel. After all, this is the same game with updated graphics. If they turned UO oblivion-style, it'd become overly similar to games like WoW, Guild Wars, Everquest 2.

I don't think having UO look like every other MMORPG while destroying the basic gameplay style we've has had for nearing 10 years is a wise move for EA if they want to keep their players.

UO needs better GFX. Ruin the feel? AOS ruined the feel. But I do agree, we do not need to be the same as EVERY other mmorpg. But at the same time, Oblivion got it right the first time and AOS didnt.

-Storm

Rylock

Wanderer
Yeah, you sure have a point there with AoS. I just don't think going first-person or Oblivion-style third person is the solution.

Perhaps that they'll start undoing the damage with this new client. One of the UO devs did make it pretty clear neons would not be making it into the new client. It's a start, I guess.

Jeff

Lord
poopthrower said:
woohooo! bye neons! finally.... sheeesh.
What makes u think neons are gonna go bye bye, its a addon client meaning everything still exists from the past 9 years, thus the new client will have hued shit too :(