RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI just hit a new low (READ THIS AND LAUGH)

C

Chaos

OSI just hit a new low (READ THIS AND LAUGH)

Are you a long-time Ultima Online player and have long-hoped for a means to fast-track your character through the development process? Or are you starting on a new shard, and looking for a quick way to catch up to your friends? Are your daily obligations getting in the way of you achieving the stats you want and exploring the far reaches of Britannia? Well, now you’re in luck!

Ultima Online players can now purchase advanced characters through our new Advanced Character Service. This is a great way to move quickly ahead in specific areas of the game without needing to go through the building-up process for each character you play. Advanced characters can be purchased on your existing or new accounts. Get your advanced character NOW for $29.95!

We have a selection of popular character types to choose from: Mage, Warrior, Blacksmith, Tamer, or Alchemist. All of these templates are designed to leave room for you to add and learn additional skills; your new character may start ahead of the curve, but you can continue its development and help it grow into the character you’ve always wanted. See our Advanced Character Services page to learn how the system works, and for more information as to what skills and stats you can achieve right away.

The Advanced Character Service is available NOW! To purchase your advanced character, call 866-543-5435 (choose option 2, then press #2), toll-free, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 7:00pm CT & Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am to 4:00pm. This is only available on the North American, European, and Australian shards. This program is not offered on the Siege Perilous shard.

Taken directly from http://update.uo.com/fyi.html

Ive never laughed so hard in my life!

Symbol

Wanderer
the sad thing is.. they'll be some people that actually do it too .. lol. i wonder how advanced the chars are.. they better be grandmasters or somehting for 30 bucks lol

Falkarma

Wanderer
This is so stupid.

Someone: "They have millions of dolars and not you."

Damn, i'm so stupid, is this realy all it take to make millions?

C

Chaos

Only template Id use is the tamer template, only cause 85 taming takes FOREVER

S

Sum Yung Guy

they should make a pvp template and see how many people go out and buy it thinkning there good at pvp now ^o^

A

AlejandroX

It's more than stupid it's fucking sick. They are weeding out every veteran player there is. OSI are sell-out punks.

Dreoth

Wanderer
GOD DAMN FUCKING TRAMMIES!
heh had to get that out...

*votes to remove Trammel from all UO Emulators and just bring back the one map*

R

Rainman

Who cares about veteran status anyway? Does it really mean somthing to say "your a vet of UO"?

I find it disguisting for the simple fact of ethics, the company has none. Its all about profit, they have turned the game from something fun into what it is today for profit only.

Jediman

Sorceror
Next thing you know, they will be selling houses too! Lets face it, UO is dead! Richard Garriot must be laughing his ass off at this crap already! Whats next......... house selling? Rent a GM? GM powers for 150? Take your kid to what you do all day since your unemployed and only play this game all day thinking everythings allright?
SHEESH! I figure, UO on OSI's servers arent going to be there very long... Veterans are leaving already, many people are leaving already... only the newbies are there... can't wait to see what happens. Maybe if that expansion pack comes out..heheh...

Falkarma

Wanderer
I agree Jedi.

They are destroying the one of the Richard Garriot greatest project.

I wonder if Line Age II ( the new Richard Garriot product line) will have that magical touch that UO have.

C

Chaos

All I know is, where is the RP in buying a character? I was disgusted when Ebay started selling accounts, now OSI jumped on the bandwagon. This backs my point even further that OSI is selling accounts on Ebay....why wouldnt they, ya know?

OSI is no longer RP in my book, its an online hack and slash now.

R

Rainman

"Next thing you know, they will be selling houses too! Lets face it, UO is dead! Richard Garriot must be laughing his *** off at this crap already!"

I hate to say it but Richard Garriot isn't the saint people seem to think he is. If you haven't noticed, the company he is working on now was a pvp game and he is introducing new carebear styles to it.

Not to mention his "secret" mmorpg which has already been mentioned to have some sort of pvp switch.

And idea's like selling UO game stuff for RL cash was actually a plan of Garriots, he wanted to make an entire game based on this theory and if he continued to work for OSI this probably would have been put in months ago.

Falkarma

Wanderer
Yes, I tried the first Line Age.. that was a diablo-like-PVP game. But, I think the strategy behind the first Line Age was to build create an income of cash for the devellopment of a bigger game. When Garriot quitted Origin (because of EA), half of the devellopement team quitted with im, man, if you want to pay those people, you have to make a PVP(easy money) fast.

But, Line Age II don't seem to be the evolution of Ultima Online, but I just checked screenshot and movies.

You can check Line Age at : www.lineage.com or www.ncsoft.net or www.lineage2.com

I don't for for Garriot real ambitions, I've never read such thing and I try to keep myself well informed, maybe I miss a couple of articles, hehe.

Dreoth

Wanderer
Lineage 2 will be more pvp based than pvm (WOO HOO!)
Lineage 2 has key developers from the Ultima series... so you know it will be good; and if you've seen the screen shots... *drools*

Shadowbane and Lineage 2 will be the ONLY good new MMORPGs to come out.

Fuck EQ2, AC2, and SWG. If people wana waste their time fucking a moster over and over; let them at it. PLAYERS RULE NOT NPCS!!!!!!!

heh... but too bad I won't have the time ot play either, since my #1 priority is school, second is my friends & family, and third would be sleep ^_^.

But I'll be around when the emus come out so I can tinker :D

S

Sum Yung Guy

SWG has a nice faction system, there will be plenty pvp. All them otheres... i dun give a damn about just SWG and perhaps lineage 2