RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI just hit a new low (READ THIS AND LAUGH)

E

Ezuret

Richard doesn't work on LINEAGE 2. The NCSoft Korea team does. He'll have nothing to do with the new Lineage. Though, it does look amazing. They promise the ability to fly, siege warfare, superb graphics (Unreal Engine) and a shitload more. I'm following it faintly. Since they won't respond to my e-mails, I'm a little iffy on how they handle PR and CS.

Btw, link: www.Lineage2.com

Dreoth: SB is ass. Ubi is stupid and the game looks horrid.

AC2 is a player run economy. A first of its kind right now.

Jediman

Sorceror
Lineage 2 is going to be running on a slightly modified unreal warfare engine! (originally was going to be the original unreal engine) HAHA! As much as I love the engine, and I do small levels here and there for it for personal fun and for a future project, IT WASNT MEANT TO HANDLE THAT MANY ONLINE PEOPLE! 64 players max I think. And even then there is lag. There is always that polygon count to net latency ordeal going on. The more detail and then the more people you have along with network/packet updates and etc, the more processing, the more lag! What were they thinking? what ever happend to building an engine from the ground up? I agree at times its best to use an existing engine if thats a practical means of getting things done, but the unreal warfare engine is not built to withstand a MMORPG... besisdes, personally, I never liked lineage. I played for a few weeks, and decided it was pretty lame. Its like diablo, which im not a huge fan of, but its not all that creative, and even at the time, 640x480 graphics at like 256 colors? HEH! No screen space, the controls stunk, and just general chatting took more than a few seconds to figure out, which is never good. Hmm... Garriott needs a new strategy...

E

Ezuret

Bit of clarification:

Garriot will NOT be working on Lineage 2. He has absolutely nothing to do with the game. NCSoft KOREA is doing all the development. Garriot has no leeway (AT ALL) over where Lineage 2 goes.

The NCSoft Korea team has HEAVILY modified the engine to withstand MMORPG masses. Go read the GameSpy interview here. The game won't suck due to the problems Jedi outlined. It has changed largely from Lineage.

ArconX

Wanderer
Is it me or when i look at the sceenshots, it looks like another everquest clone?

Its like nobody of the developers like the top down 3d (UO view) view any more, and everybody goes with the changable camera view :( Dont have a problem with a top down changable view (360° rotation on a central point) but that daim free camera view in dungons/houses/etc, now there is where things go to hell in my view ... Thats why i liked UO from the start (and still do), the dungeon level / house transparancy view...

Mja, ...

ArconX

S

Sum Yung Guy

The behind the view/first person view is more imersive in my opinion and many others.

Also fyi Lineage 2 uses the Unreal Warfare engine.. but it has only been used in ONE other game... Americas Army. It is still an incomplete engine, but it is designed as an mmo engine. If you want to check out the Unreal Warfare engine download Americas Army... its a free FPS made by the us army... www.americasarmy.com

C

Chaos

I agree with the 3rd person view comment. Why cant games revolve around gameplay?

Look at most games with amazing graphics, they usually get boring after a week of playin em. I think developers should focus on gameplay first, not graphics.

Check out www.dmbdev.net/hostile

Im working on some server side stuff for these guys and their game is VERY NICE. I compiled the code and played a bit, and I think if this was MMOG, itd be funner than hell

G

GM Robin

They do what they do for the sole purpose of buisness. Opening Lake Austin (A new shard) and starting the Advanced Character program on the same day is a very good buisness decision. People are buying the new characters on Lake Austin so they can get Towers/Keeps/Castles before everyone else gets on the shard.

S

Sum Yung Guy

Triple H said:
They do what they do for the sole purpose of buisness. Opening Lake Austin (A new shard) and starting the Advanced Character program on the same day is a very good buisness decision. People are buying the new characters on Lake Austin so they can get Towers/Keeps/Castles before everyone else gets on the shard.
A freind of mine who plays osi had a new account and did not use advanced character thing... he now has two houses on lake austin in prime location, and is a Glorious Lord, Aprentice Alchemist... Ill put up pic later.

G

GM Robin

You can develop characters the normal way, but what better of a time for EA to reveal the program? It's all about the buisness. Congrats to your friend for wanting to build the character the normal and honorable way though.

S

Sum Yung Guy

Triple H said:
You can develop characters the normal way, but what better of a time for EA to reveal the program? It's all about the buisness. Congrats to your friend for wanting to build the character the normal and honorable way though.
My point was is that he built a normal charcter and is barely an aprentice alchemist (less then 60 alchemy, his highest skill) and is a Glorious Lord and owns 2 large houses in prime location...