RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overload ... Memmory Leek or .. ?

Menta2K

Wanderer
Overload ... Memmory Leek or .. ?

I use runuo b34 and in begining everething was ok but before one week i put some custom scripts .. few day after that my server start to 'eat' memory and CPU usage
After that i start to tink that i have someware a bug that make big memmory leek .. reinstall runuo b34 (original, witout custom scripts) and put only save folder in new installation when start it first time its ask me to remove some items after that its start ok but i have the same problem in next 5-6 hours runuo get all resources from the system

to avoid a questions like "did u turn on PlayerSensitiverange " ye its true

i hope someone to have any ideas whats goin on ?
10x for the help

PS:Sry for my bad english

Menta2K

Wanderer
nope i change the CPU ant put the PC in one room where is 19C temperature
and the problem is the same ...

Menta2K

Wanderer
Win XP Pro
.Net 1.1.x
1.2Gz 512 ram
when server start in begining everething is ok its geting 10% CPU and 150-200MB ram
but in 3-4 hours geting all of the resources

Menta2K

Wanderer
yep but i DONT have any custom scripts....

i think that a binary save files was corupted.. dont know .... will be cool if some one of developers can give some sugestions

Zippy

Razor Creator
You have to use binary saves....

How many NPCs do you have in your world.... and what do you mean by "eating all resources"? ean all memory? All cpu %? Both?

Also if you are running base Beta 34 package the player range sensitive is NOT set to true, you must set it yourself.

BondDLegion

Wanderer
Zippy said:
How many NPCs do you have in your world....

31573 NPC

Zippy said:
and what do you mean by "eating all resources"? ean all memory? All cpu %? Both?

Periodically RunUO consume all processor time. In other moment it use only 2-4%.

Zippy said:
Also if you are running base Beta 34 package the player range sensitive is NOT set to true, you must set it yourself.

Hm... Of course it set to true...

Phantom

Knight
This is normal

You can get a better computer or increase the prioirty for RunUO.

This if abused can make it worst, you have been warned.

Zippy

Razor Creator
31000 is an EXTEREMELY high number of NPCs, there can be several reason for this error, maybe even a hardware issue.

Most probably somewhere on your shard there are a few hundred npcs in a small area, and when a player enters that area it brings the shard to its knees.

Menta2K

Wanderer
i have
12000 Mobiles
and
153000 Items and have this problem
and after restar runuo get 140MB memory and 2-4% CPU usage in this moment i have 56 Players online after 1-2 hours runug get 580MB memory 100%CPU usage and i have 24 players online ... that looks very strange ...
is it posible Saves to be corupted in some way ?
(stuping of electrisity or ingorect shutdown when save is runing)
and if that is posible how i can read bin stucture ?
SDK ?

habitat85

Wanderer
This is a little off topic but how do I check my CPU usage? im on Windows 98. I know how to check for RAM but not CPU.

BondDLegion

Wanderer
Zippy said:
31000 is an EXTEREMELY high number of NPCs, there can be several reason for this error, maybe even a hardware issue.

I have spawned Trammel Felucca and Ilshenar. 31000 for this normal.
For server uses Athlon 2700+XP, 500Mb RAM, 30Gb SCSI HDD, mainboard on Nvidia Nforce.
Normally RunUO server use ~260-340 Mb RAM and ~2-4 CPU

Zippy said:
Most probably somewhere on your shard there are a few hundred npcs in a small area, and when a player enters that area it brings the shard to its knees.

No, i not have area like this.

Phantom said:
This is normal

It's NORMAL?????

Phantom said:
You can get a better computer or increase the prioirty for RunUO.
This if abused can make it worst, you have been warned.

I already try it.
If i set priority to "realtime" all work normal, but problem not disappear. If server begin eat resourses, all other process die, and machine stop on half hour.

(sorry for my English)

Justin Time

Wanderer
I have had this problem since beta 19 and I have done tons of research and testing to try to solve this issue. I have finally determined that the server does leak memory somewere. My server does not have a ton of RAM (384 mb). It runs well for approximately 24 hours. After this, I would start to see the CPU bouncing from 2-3% to spikes of 100% for 1 to 2 seconds. I have gone thru all spawns (13k) and made sure none of the spawns were too dense causeing trouble when a player walks on the screen like Zippy said and this is not the issue. Of course my PlayerRangeSensativity is set to true. I did alot of testing with changing TimerPriority of most of the timers and this did not help either. I have tried to alter save intervals and this doesnt help. Also, I tried removing all custom scripts and using all stock server.

The only thing I have found to help with CPU spikeing is a memory manager. I use MemTurbo and it does make the CPU preform well, but after a 12-24 hours of uptime, I can sometimes get worldsaves that last more then 100 seconds and periodic freezes while the mem application recovers memory. This has been an improvment for my shard because instead of constant lag caused by the CPU spiking, it only freezes maybe once every few hours.

When I start my server which has 13k mobiles and 125k items, the process uses ~120MB according to the admin gump. After 24 hours my server uses ~160MB. So in 24 hours, server eats approximately 40MB RAM. I have grown used to this issue and try to restart my server on a daily basis and before any big events on the shard. Only trouble really comes in when I go out of town and cannot restart the server. I have also not been able to keep RunUO server running for more then 5 days without crashing my win2k server (without a crashlog).