RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora+Vista=?

Jeff

Lord
Lord_Greywolf;791691 said:
i never said said 3.0 causes problems, and 3.0 comes with vists - it is installed on 2 computers in this house, and they had to install 2.0 to get pandoras to work on them, so 2.0 is not native to all vista versions

and if you read what is said it was Certain versions of 3.5 that caused it

and i know 1st hand that it does happen, because i installed 3.5 when it 1st came out
and then i could not run runuo any more, or pandoras, both would crash out with a windows closing error

called MS up, guess what the tech had me do - uninstall all .nets then reinstall them but not install 3.5 - why because that version was bugged
he pointed me to some page in MSDN librairy to explain it all, wish i still had the link
but they do not want people to know it was, so it has not been let out on it - it only effects a few functions, and thus only a limited number of programs get messed up from them
so they quietly changed it to where new version does not effect them
and if any one has problem with it, they say must have been a bad download or what ever origionly and they have them just uninstall and re-install

so say what you want
i know what happened to me 1st hand, and how they had me fix it, and that it worked
Funny cause I have .net 3.5 on every single computer I own, and have RunUO on each one, never had a problem. .Net is just layers from 2.0 on, none of which should interfere with each other...

Quick_silver

Sorceror
Dreadfull;791766 said:
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.LoadProfile(String name)
at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.DoProfile()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

I get that at load from the pandora version you compiled. Also when using pandora 2.0.0.5 the travel system doesn't work other then malas and tokuno.

[Log File]

Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 2.0.0.7

2/23/2009 11:14:29 AM
Windows version: 6.0.6001.65536
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 1048575

[11:14:29] Starting
[11:14:29] Normal startup initiated
[11:14:29] Double instances check passed
[11:14:29] Reading profile DD
[11:14:30] Profile read succesfully
[11:14:30] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.GeneratePatchData()
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer..ctor()
at TheBox.Box.InitializeComponent()
at TheBox.Box..ctor()
Additional information: Profile DD failed.
With my version, too?
But thats no problem there is a fix for it.
See Issue 1 - pandorasbox3 - Pandora's Box 3 Project Upload + Fix to Compile Errors - Google Code
If you want to compile it yourself use the svn dump from: pandorasbox3 - Google Code
I can compile it for you during next two days, now I have to sleep ;)

Edit: Ups.. On the google code project is a DL with a working version :)

Ravenhart

Wanderer
I have the same problem. Pandora starts up and load the profile than goes to teh background.
Here the log:
Code:
Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 3.0.0.2

24.02.2009 10:21:33

[10:21:33] Starting
[10:21:33] Normal startup initiated
[10:21:33] Double instances check passed
[10:21:33] Reading profile dark
[10:21:34] Profile read succesfully
[10:21:34] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentNullException: Path cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.LoadRadarcol()
   at TheBox.Box..ctor()
Additional information: Profile dark failed.

Any Idea?

Quick_silver

Sorceror
Ravenhart;791846 said:
I have the same problem. Pandora starts up and load the profile than goes to teh background.
Here the log:
Code:
Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 3.0.0.2

24.02.2009 10:21:33

[10:21:33] Starting
[10:21:33] Normal startup initiated
[10:21:33] Double instances check passed
[10:21:33] Reading profile dark
[10:21:34] Profile read succesfully
[10:21:34] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentNullException: Path cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.LoadRadarcol()
   at TheBox.Box..ctor()
Additional information: Profile dark failed.

Any Idea?

Even with Pandora 3? Than make a bugreport at the issue tracker please. I have an idea and will look for it at afternoon.

Dreadfull

Sorceror
Quick_silver;791799 said:
With my version, too?
But thats no problem there is a fix for it.
See Issue 1 - pandorasbox3 - Pandora's Box 3 Project Upload + Fix to Compile Errors - Google Code
If you want to compile it yourself use the svn dump from: pandorasbox3 - Google Code
I can compile it for you during next two days, now I have to sleep ;)

Edit: Ups.. On the google code project is a DL with a working version :)

No worries I got the issue resolved with the use of pandora 3. Works perfectly. even with 3.5 .net framework.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Dreadfull;791867 said:
No worries I got the issue resolved with the use of pandora 3. Works perfectly. even with 3.5 .net framework.

fine, that's our point :)

Quick Silver it's last programmer who has joined our project, nice purchase :p

Ravenhart

Wanderer
Hello,

i have allways the same problem.
Every time i start with a profil pandora will run in taskmanager but not on the desktop.
The error is the same as my older post.
With a new profil it works fine.

Rav

Quick_silver

Sorceror
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Applicationdata\Pandoras Box\...
Or something similar, you should find an folder named by you profile and a (maybe useful) log file.

uome

Bug Hunter
Dreadfull;791867 said:
I had the same issues and pandora 3 works fine for me on xp with all the .net frameworks.
Thanks everyone :)