RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandoras Box Problem

Saleen

Page
I to am having an issue with pandora's box. I bought a new computer which came with windows vista ( dunno if maybe thats where my problem is coming in to play) the program installed just fine however when I go to open it, it freezes up at creating new profile and never actually starts up the program itself. I've also installed it on my laptop (which also has windows vista) and its doing the exact same thing on that one as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times on both my desktop and laptop yet it continues doing the same thing every time.
If anyone has any input on why this may be happening or even better yet has a solution to fixing it it would be greatly appritiated.

Otherwise are there any other known programs that can be used by staff in helping build/deco a shard or possibly a differant version of pandora's box?

nadious

Sorceror
Ok, I don't know if this will help anyone or not... but it worked for me. I too began to experience issues with PB loading but not showing up (and remaining in the taskmager, as running.) Here's what I did:

I'm running Windows XP (Vista users will have a different location), but when into my Documents and Settings folder, then into my XP profile name, and under there (you must have hidden files available for viewing) you have a folder called Application Data. In that folder, there is a directory called 'Pandora'a Box 2'. I looked in there and found a 'profile' directory. I deleted that, run Pandora's Box again and went through the normal 'first time running' options (picking my UO directory, etc)

When it was done, it came up and started to work again. Maybe if some of you haven't tired that yet, it might help out. I can't make any promises, but it worked for me.

nadious

Sorceror
Well, don't get TOO excited. :D I found out (just today) that even with the fix, it happens from time to time , even after you do it. I had to 'refix' one that I already did. So, just keep in mind that you might have to remove these profiles each time you use it. I'm not sure if that's the case at this point or not, but just wanted to point that out.

Lichten

Wanderer
KonssnoK;778281 said:
eheh RadstaR you're even here :)

we are going to release an alpha to see main bugs, and then implement many other functions .. :p

Man, I'm glad to hear this. I couldn't get any of the other versions of pandora to work for me. But yours is. Only thing I've noticed so far, is that when I go to log in a second time, and I choose my already made profile, it just closes. I have to make a new profile each time. But at least it's working now! Thanks!

KonssnoK

Sorceror
Lichten;786888 said:
Man, I'm glad to hear this. I couldn't get any of the other versions of pandora to work for me. But yours is. Only thing I've noticed so far, is that when I go to log in a second time, and I choose my already made profile, it just closes. I have to make a new profile each time. But at least it's working now! Thanks!

lol?
write this bug on bugtracker :D
Issues - pandorasbox3 - Google Code
be as detailed as you can :D

Hammerhand

Knight
Lichten;786888 said:
Do you have your profile set as default? If it isnt, that may be your problem.

nadious

Sorceror
nadious;784475 said:
Ok, I don't know if this will help anyone or not... but it worked for me. I too began to experience issues with PB loading but not showing up (and remaining in the taskmager, as running.) Here's what I did:

I'm running Windows XP (Vista users will have a different location), but when into my Documents and Settings folder, then into my XP profile name, and under there (you must have hidden files available for viewing) you have a folder called Application Data. In that folder, there is a directory called 'Pandora'a Box 2'. I looked in there and found a 'profile' directory. I deleted that, run Pandora's Box again and went through the normal 'first time running' options (picking my UO directory, etc)

When it was done, it came up and started to work again. Maybe if some of you haven't tired that yet, it might help out. I can't make any promises, but it worked for me.

Try that. Works for me. But, keep in mind... you will have to do this EVERYTIME you run Pandora. It's a pain, but it's the only way I know it will work.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror

Pandora's Box 3.0.0.1 | 01-18-09 :
- Fixed Profile appearing behind splash screen
- Fixed Mondain's Legacy maps Sizes.
- Now the Box will read from map1.mul statics1.mul informations about Trammel.
- Changed Profile directory : now you'll find profiles at "\User\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 3"
VISTA USERS: "..\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 3"
XP USERS: "..\Documents And Settings\YOURUSER\ApplicationData\Pandora's Box 3"
- About Box will display version correctly.

Pandora's Box 3.0 alpha version | OLD :

- Fixed some compile/performance errors
- Disabled Next button when creating a new profile and map rendering.
- Remove obsolete code
- Converted all the code (except for BoxServer) from Net Framework 2.0 to Net Framework 3.5.

You can find all releases here:
pandorasbox3 - Google Code

REMEMBER:
Any bug, issue HERE : Issues - pandorasbox3 - Google Code

Jeff

Lord
Kons.snoK;787967 said:

Pandora's Box 3.0.0.1 | 01-18-09 :
- Fixed Profile appearing behind splash screen
- Fixed Mondain's Legacy maps Sizes.
- Now the Box will read from map1.mul statics1.mul informations about Trammel.
- Changed Profile directory : now you'll find profiles at "\User\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 3"
VISTA USERS: "..\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 3"
XP USERS: "..\Documents And Settings\YOURUSER\ApplicationData\Pandora's Box 3"
- About Box will display version correctly.

Pandora's Box 3.0 alpha version | OLD :

- Fixed some compile/performance errors
- Disabled Next button when creating a new profile and map rendering.
- Remove obsolete code
- Converted all the code (except for BoxServer) from Net Framework 2.0 to Net Framework 3.5.

You can find all releases here:
pandorasbox3 - Google Code

REMEMBER:
Any bug, issue HERE : Issues - pandorasbox3 - Google Code
It's to bad you moved it to 3.5. Unless you really use anything from 3.5 you should leave it at 2.0. A lot of users aren't going to want to install 3.5, and I cannot think of anything in 3.5 that is truly needed.

same here, 3.5 can cause other problems too

also suggestion
do not force it to only make maps for trammel from map1, etc
have a check box for it to use pre 6.0 or 6.0+ versions
many many shards still use pre 6.0 and fel/tram map still uses the statics & dif files and only 1 map

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
i wasn't the one who update to 3.5
I think many changes are from arrays to lists :)

i'll make Smjert answer about that ^^

PrinceArda;753565 said:
Hiya guys,

I don't know if anyone has ever faced this problem here, but I have heard of some people having this same issue. What happens is that, after Pandora's Box loads, it disappears where the program window should be seen for the first time.

I see that it runs in taskmgr but it doesn't show up. One of my friends had to delete the Pandora's Box data folder from the Aplication Data folder every time he run Pandora's Box. Well, it doesn't work for me... Is there a way to fix this problem?

(I have tried using the clean copy of 2.0.6, then tried the custom Pandora's Box from Custom Script Releases Forum, and I have tried unofficial 2.0.7 version. I also tried them all with new profiles)

This is what happens when I create a new profile and load it after i delete the profiles from Application Data:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.GeneratePatchData()
   at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer..ctor()
   at TheBox.Box.InitializeComponent()
   at TheBox.Box..ctor()
   at TheBox.Pandora.StartingContext.OnMainFormClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext.OnMainFormDestroy(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pandora
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.7
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Pandora.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BoxCL
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/BoxCL.DLL
TSWizards
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/TSWizards.DLL
ArtViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/ArtViewer.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
English
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Lang/English.dll
MapViewer
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/MapViewer.DLL
Data
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1762.38548
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1762.38548
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Pandora's%20Box%202/Data/Data.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
o4vk1oou
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks

The problem with Pandoras box is it is not reading the path to your game ... unless you uninstall your game and reinstall it ... After reinstall it should find the path... It has for me and others.

Jeff

Lord
Kons.snoK;788003 said:
i wasn't the one who update to 3.5
I think many changes are from arrays to lists :)

i'll make Smjert answer about that ^^

thats .net 2.0 so still doesnt apply to 3.5

Smjert

Sorceror
Here i am.
Actually it's only compiled with 3.5 but no code uses 3.5 features, i was evaluating them, but so far it's better to switch to 2.0 as Jeff said.

(I'm going to reaload the 3.0.0.1 version compiled with 2.0 in minutes).

When you have problems/errors with Pandora post here (or attach to our bugtracker) the log, you can find it in profiles root folder (C:\Documents and Settings\User\ApplicationData\Pandora's Box 3).