RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PANDORA'S Box VISTA HELP ME

Lysdexic

Sorceror
toxica;774935 said:
Thanks . I've tried it, but can't place a checkmark in front of run this program as administrator.eventhough i am the administrator. It seems like pandora just don't want to get on my computer ..... pfffffffff (or maybe it's my ignorance !)

If the checkbox is greyed out, that was because the UAC was disabled. Please see the above post :D

HellRazor

Knight
Lysdexic;775014 said:
Turning off the UAC is a bad idea. Numerous subsystems pass through the UAC and with it disabled entirely you can cause improper installations of both software and hardware (especially printers). There is a much easier way to alleviate yourself from the UAC prompts, but not disable it entirely.

I've never run UAC and have never had any software install improperly. UAC is a massive pain in the ass.

But to each his own. :p

Lysdexic

Sorceror
HellRazor;775017 said:
I've never run UAC and have never had any software install improperly. UAC is a massive pain in the ass.

But to each his own. :p

I thought the same thing at first, but as soon as I deployed 100+ Vista boxes to our network I found out real fast the hard way :(

Underdog;774223 said:
Try pushing alt+tab to see if Windows defender is asking permission to run it. I had to do that to finally see why the screen was freezing (lol).

If not that, when you first load up Pandora's, it will create your first profile. If you have done this already, find the actual file of your profile on your computer, and delete it. Pandora will then let you create another one.

This fixed the problem I was having in Vista where Pandora would load up just for a second and then disappear, but yet still run in the background.

I'm running Vista 64-bit.

If none of the following works, close Pandora from your background, uninstall it, then install it straight to a folder on your desktop, I've read that this helps some users.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Underdog!!!

I have a brand new desktop with Vista on it and COULD NOT for the life of me get this pandoras to work...On my new laptop with Vista,no problem...very weird...I did what you mentioned over the alt-tab and bam it worked *had to do it twice tho and its fixed"! AMAZING it was so simple...:D Thank you!!!! :)

Ok Im so frustrated I have been using Pandoras on Vista for a year with no problem and All of a sudden today it wont load then says cant run 2 instances I uninstalled re installed delted my profile and It dont even ask me to create one ugh any suggestiosn?

FyerStar

Sorceror
ok im posting on my wifes profile im lllTalonlll just so you all know cuz i was tired and didnt wanna walk 20 steps to my comp ......lol yeah im lazy but i had to d/l framework 1.1, and was also runing 2.0 but then it didnt work still till i went into the properties of it in there you will find a tab that says compatibility set to run this program in compatibility mode Windows xp (service Pack 2) see the problem with vista is unless you plan to spend the extra 300-400 bucks you will have to set this on just about EVERY program thats not vista cept a few after i did this i had no problems with it however my wife still cannot run pandas from her comp and she is useing vista as well so for some it may work and for some it may not hope this helps in some small way

lllTalonlll

toxica

Wanderer
Maybe some of the suggestions above may help? Seems that you have same problems as me :( I can't give you any furhter clues, becasue i have still the same problem. The only way that i made it work is to create a new profile on my computer (not pandora's) At my new profile i installed pandora again, created a new profile also for pandora, and made it not a default profile when asked. This way i got it to work. But everytime i open pandora, i need to load a new profile. Good luck, i know it's realy frustrating !!

Ok I fixed mine HEHEH It was a mistake I amde I had renamed the Mondains Legacy forder as soon as I fixed that I can now Use My Pandoras again

help123

Wanderer
runtime error!

program:...am files\microsoft games\Pandora's box trial\pandora.exe

abnormal program terination

when trying to run the program. Help me pleasee im on vista home premium, i have directx 9.0

edited

ok now i uninstalled pandoras box tried to reinstall and now i get error saying you do not have directx 6.1 or above which i do as i downloaded 9.0 an hour ago .. silly vista its crap

Vladamir

Sorceror
help123;858344 said:
runtime error!

when trying to run the program. Help me pleasee im on vista home premium, i have directx 9.0

edited

ok now i uninstalled pandoras box tried to reinstall and now i get error saying you do not have directx 6.1 or above which i do as i downloaded 9.0 an hour ago .. silly vista its crap

Have you tried running pandora's box as an administrator so that it can query other files for information?

Right click on pandora's box and go into properties, then check the box that says "Run as administrator" You can also simply right click it and run as an administrator.

help123

Wanderer
ok i di

Ok i did as you said tried running admin still dont work, also tried the 3.0.5 version that works but when its loaded it stuck on ''creating new profile'?

Nvm now running as admin its installed and working. ty for help :)

help123;858559 said:
Ok i did as you said tried running admin still dont work, also tried the 3.0.5 version that works but when its loaded it stuck on ''creating new profile'?

Nvm now running as admin its installed and working. ty for help :)

awesome. glad to hear it. an important note i forgot about pandora's box v3 - it requires .net 3.5 i believe. (but works properly in vista and win7, so it's the way to go)

Countessa

Administrator
This is no help for those wanting to use Pandora's Box, but if you try and try and can't get it, you can always use insideuo and commands.

InsideUO is just a little program that shows everything (mostly) that you would use in UO for building and decorating. All items shown come with their itemid so you can
[add itemid 1234 or
[tile itemid 1320

etc.

I imagine it's not as handy as Pandora's Box, but you really come to know the items. And it's an alternative if Pandora's just Wont work for you.

Sparkin

Sorceror
help123;858344 said:
runtime error!

edited

LoL he is trying to run the old game from M$ named Pandora's box not the PB for Runuo