RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pink Static tiles upon fresh install of RunUO 2.0RC1 or RC2?

ChaosKnight

Sorceror
Hello everyone, I have a strange issue I've been experiencing for quite some time and have tried to debug it myself but have gotten no where, hoping someone from the community has seen / has advice for this :) .

The issue: I see pink static tiles randomly across the world, in particular around Lava tiles in Fire.

Background: I have installed fresh UO ML without any updating, tried fresh RunUO 2.0RC2 and still experience this. I have installed fresh UO ML and updated to 5.0.8.3, tried fresh RunUO 2.0RC2 - still nothing, then even tried RunUO 2.0RC1 - still nothing. For the servers, all I've edited is the following in MapDefinitions.cs :

<code>

RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );

TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = true;
</code>

Attached is a screen shot of what I see, any ideas on what to do? The reason I'm using an old client is because I like the old status bar and I'm attempting a T2A / UO:R era server.Screen shot 2011-03-31 at 1.26.08 AM.png

ChaosKnight

Sorceror
Bump - Nobody's seen this? Or am I just being naive and this has been an issue for a long time and everyone just pretends not to notice it?

tass23

Page
This sounds like a video issue. Or you're missing a particular type of static tile, i.e. north clockwise corner or something. It could also be a client/server mismatch, try updating to patch 6.0.0.0. Where did you get your download from?

ChaosKnight

Sorceror
I forget where I got the ML download from. The server is running locally on the same comp as the client when I was testing it, so there couldn't have been any mismatch. This doesn't seem to happen when the client and server are above 6.0.0.0 . I also logged into another server (The Second Age), and see the same artifacts. I've had two friends try it and they have the same thing. The only thing I'm thinking is we all use the same download UO ML download, so it may be worth trying one from somewhere else.