RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Gates

hieddie

Wanderer
Intresting....

The reason that I said "respective places" is because, when I unzip the file, it creates different folders. I assumed that thoes file were to go in the directories that were named, if that makes any sence? So I coppied the files that were created in the new folders to the old folders with the same name, and put the other files that were not in folders in the scripts/ folder. I guess that is where I screwed up. I am going to try to just unzip the files to my scripts/ folder and check to see if that works. Once I am ingame I will do that other thing that you said to do. Thanks for your help on this, I really think that this script would hel out alot!
Brilliant even!

Eddie :D

A_Li_N

Knight
No, they don't have to go in any specific folder. If you got the server to compile, you don't have to worry about anything. It's all a simple matter of organization.

hieddie

Wanderer
I am sorry to bother you!

Once I get everything in the scripts/ folder and restart the server and do the [initpublicgates, it says 0 public gates generated. So I removed the public gate in Brit. Then I clicked the gate control stone ansd still no public gates were generated. So I placed one and still I dont get the options that you described.

*Note: When I restared the server to told me that no c# or VB.net files were found for compiling???

Thank you so much for your help

Eddie :confused:

A_Li_N

Knight
*Refers people to the main page*
I know this sounds mean, but the last few questions by people are completely answered in the main page under 'Installation' and 'Instructions'.

Also, it probably didn't say that none were found for compiling, it probably said that there were no errors. I'm not at home right now, so I can't really check what the main window says when it compiles, but I can tell you that it's not important in this matter.

smokified

Wanderer
I have read everything in this post, and I am still slightly unclear on a couple of areas.

When you use the command to clear all the gates, does that clear the default distro gates, or gates from your system?

I think I get this part, but I just wanted to be clear. When you do [gengates, it places gates from your gate system in all of the locations that the default distro gates are in as long as you used [initpublicgates true (or whatever it is)?

Another thing is, when adding a new category such as staff gates, how do you let the gate system know what facet you are using with the coordinates? I remember using a different custom gate system, and I had a bitch of a time with it always teleporting you to the wrong facet.

Sorry if these have been answered 16 thousand times, but after reading all 7 pages of posts, my brain is a little clogged with crap.

A_Li_N

Knight
smokified said:
When you use the command to clear all the gates, does that clear the default distro gates, or gates from your system?
The commands in this system are for this system only...so the [remgates will remove any gates from this system. If you want to remove all default 'PublicMoongate's you need to do '[global delete where publicmoongate' (there is no command to do it, so you just delete them all)

smokified said:
I think I get this part, but I just wanted to be clear. When you do [gengates, it places gates from your gate system in all of the locations that the default distro gates are in as long as you used [initpublicgates true (or whatever it is)?
[gengates command is also just for this system. It will generate all gates that are contained in the system. If you have initialized the system with 'true' (distro locations), then it will generate all of those as well as any others you have added. The command simply loops through all the locations that are stored and checks to see if you want them generated.

smokified said:
Another thing is, when adding a new category such as staff gates, how do you let the gate system know what facet you are using with the coordinates? I remember using a different custom gate system, and I had a bitch of a time with it always teleporting you to the wrong facet.
If I remember right, you don't set the facet (map) on categories. You set them on the individual locations. So you make the category, then make a location in that category. In that location you can select which map it goes to.

smokified

Wanderer
Thanks man, That clears it up for th emost part. Thanks for the great script, it is exactly what I have been looking for.

smokified

Wanderer
Suggestions to improve one of the best sctipts ever

First I would like to say that I have been playing with this gate script all afternoon, and I have yet to make it crash or find a bug. Great features. Good work.

I had a couple of suggestions:

1) Make it so that there is a Deed item. That way players could purchase them for player run towns. Is it possible to have the deed add the gate, add the location of the new gate to the system, maybe using a gump so the player could select the correct options?

2) Make it possible to have more than one gate system. I think that might be difficult, but it would be handy in a few cases.

3) I know this one has been asked before, but possibly add an option under the edit menu to charge gold for going to a certain location.

A_Li_N

Knight
smokified said:
1) Make it so that there is a Deed item. That way players could purchase them for player run towns. Is it possible to have the deed add the gate, add the location of the new gate to the system, maybe using a gump so the player could select the correct options?
The next version will probably have something along these lines. And, yes, it is possible to do all those things from a deed/gump.
smokified said:
2) Make it possible to have more than one gate system. I think that might be difficult, but it would be handy in a few cases.
It wouldn't be too difficult I don't think, but I don't think that I'll be doing something like that in the next release.
smokified said:
3) I know this one has been asked before, but possibly add an option under the edit menu to charge gold for going to a certain location.
This probably will be in the next version as well.

A_Li_N

Knight
Thanks Ceksu for reporting a bug where Razor players could access the AddEdit gump and modify locations. Added AccessLevel checks to hopefully prevent any modification both in the OnResponse of the main gump and the AddEdit gump.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Very Nice

Was a bit confusing at first but once I figure out how to use it fell in love. Im sure PvP will to.

zetamine

Sorceror
love the gate system, only prob is sometimes i crash because of it
this is the error i get

Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Server.PG.PGGump.CountLocs()
   at Server.PG.PGGump..ctor(Mobile from, Int32 Page, PublicGate gate)
   at Server.PG.PGGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

any ideas? thanks

BUG:
Cannot walk over the gate when a spell is loaded.
Cannot walk over the gate if in battle or Criminal.
Its giving a rubberbanding effect.

daat99

Staff member
QuIcK_FiNgErS said:
BUG:
I think it's intentional and not a bug but I'm not sure.
You better wait for A_Li_N to confirm it tho.

Greystar

Wanderer
QuIcK_FiNgErS said:
BUG:

That is intentional as that is it is with a normal public moongate, or any other moongate for that matter.

Joeku

Lord
Found a small typo, thought I'd report it. Line 139 of PGControl.cs:
Code:
			Category = new PGCategory( "[COLOR="Red"]Tonuko[/COLOR]", (EntryFlag)Flags );
Should be "Tokuno"