RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race Factions in beta phase

Morxeton

Sorceror
Race Factions in beta phase

There are currently 13 races. I am also working on classes and deities and adding a ton more things... Here are a few screen shots so far:

Orc and Lizardman ganging up on a poor Centaur. Troll and Ogre are neutral to me so they remain gray:

[stats command statistics screen so far, will be adding things and moving things around still:

Faction standings page of the [stats command with a chart of the possible faction standings you may have and the color to match what they will be to you:

7 of the humanoid race representitives... When you first start out, you will be a puddle of goo (slime) and must be molded into the race of your choice. This will not be the actual starting location of new players, this is temporary:

New char is a "newborn." The 13 race reps stand before him:

Speaking to the Vampire rep... I will be changing this around so that as they speak to you, a gump will pop up with full info and history of the race:

Still talking to the Vampire rep:

And, still talking to the Vampire rep:

Mold request:

Molded into a Vampire:

Skin burns in sunlight from being a Vampire:

Faction standings of a Vampire, things don't look too good :D :

Created a new char, here is the actual message you get after char creation:

Half-elf killing a troll and gaining experience:

Gaining a level, hits stam and mana max go up with each level:

Losing a level, hits stam and mana max go down to what they should be for their level after death:

A lot more work is to be done...This is just the beta phase of the "Race Factions." :)

flamez

Sorceror
lol, its gonna take a while, not long, i mean he's been working on it for...err not long.....but i wanna beta test that shizzy :p ..but i hope he releases...hey Morx u gonna release when ur done or gonna be a special script on ur sharD?

mrkroket

Wanderer
It's a fantastic idea, but it comes a problem to me.

UO Shards usually have about 100-200 players online (and about 500-700 total players). If you have 13 races, there will be about 10-15 players per race. That can be too many factions.

The best solution should be strong alliances between races, so it comes about 3-4 opposing factions (40-60 players per faction).

Morxeton

Sorceror
6 of the races are considered "good." human, fairy, centaur, half elf, high elf, wood elf... they all have good faction with each other.. then 6 other races: troll, ogre, orc, lizardman, ratman, dark elf all have some sort of good faction with each other as well.. vampires are hated by all.. so it works out pefectly :D ..im still doing a lot of tweaking and adding things still... its going to be pretty sweet :)

flamez

Sorceror
I have just spoken with the creator of this script, as i tested it last night...I must say it is an EXCELENT script...But unfortunately he will not be releasing it...He has said quote "If I release this, how will my shard be unique?"..But i must say, it is an incredible idea, and an incredible script. When the shard is done, I hope you all play it.

psz

Administrator
Says who? Anne Rice's have blonde, red, black, etc etc etc...

Forever Knight, the same.

Buffy, the same.

I think Dracula had "raven" hair, IIRC.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Changed the [stats gump around a bit... When your hp, stam, and mana are 1/3 or less than max it will be red. if its 2/3 or less it will be orange... also any stat mods will show up as + or - next to the stat:

Faction standings page, nothing has changed except for basic look:

:)

Morxeton

Sorceror
the stats gump didnt take "too" long.. actually i just started learning the gumps and this is my FIRST gump :) ...i have tons more to add to it.. including the new skills i have created.. and what language they are speaking in.. common tongue or one of the race tongues... etc.. tons more work to go :D