RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

razor wont work

Lynch

Wanderer
razor wont work

when i try to open razor either by going on a shard or just opening it nothing happens but when i look in the task manager its there. ive uninstalled and redownloaded it tons of times and it still wont work.

Lynch

Wanderer
Crash file says this:

Exception @ 02-17-05 02:09:16.8125
System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used.
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.GetPreferredSize()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.AdjustSize()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.set_SizeMode(PictureBoxSizeMode value)
at Assistant.SplashScreen.InitializeComponent()
at Assistant.SplashScreen..ctor()
at Assistant.SplashScreen.ThreadMain()

Phantom

Knight
Lynch said:
when i try to open razor either by going on a shard or just opening it nothing happens but when i look in the task manager its there. ive uninstalled and redownloaded it tons of times and it still wont work.

What version are you using.

If your not using Razor Beta 23 you should update.

Lynch

Wanderer
ive un / reinstalled version 23 many many times and it dont change a thing. i also downloaded the .net framework to make sure i had it but it still doesnt work. any ideas anyone? REALLY need to get this working.

Lynch

Wanderer
just uninstalled then reinstalled framework and then downloaded the service pack. rebooted my computer and it still doesnt work. didnt change a thing. any other ideas anyone?

Quantos

Lord
I know that you've reinstalled Razor a few times, can you try redownloading it?

Then uninstall it, delete the directory, and then reinstall it.
I'm wondering if maybe there isn't an error in your copy somehow.

Lynch

Wanderer
open uog and click the shard. the client will open and everything kinda slowly and everything will be as if i didnt ever try to load razor but if i do ctrl+alt+del and open the task manager it says Razor.exe in there. i dont get it.

Quantos

Lord
Do you by chance have Razor trying to remove the client encryption?
If you are using UOGateway you don't need Razor to remove the encryption.

Lynch

Wanderer
well it was set to do that but when i unchecked it there wasnt any difference. still does it. this is really pissing me off now.

Lynch

Wanderer
when i try to just open razor the little screen that has the client options comes up and i click ok and then it just disappears but it says razor is still open.