RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

razor wont work

Lynch

Wanderer
crashlog says this:

Exception @ 02-17-05 22:06:25.8281
System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used.
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
at System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.GetPreferredSize()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.AdjustSize()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.set_SizeMode(PictureBoxSizeMode value)
at Assistant.SplashScreen.InitializeComponent()
at Assistant.SplashScreen..ctor()
at Assistant.SplashScreen.ThreadMain()

Quantos

Lord
I don't know man, I wish that I knew more about Razor to help you. I've even tried to recreate your error, with no success.

The only other thing that I can suggest is going through the Razor information site, there may be some information on an option that you have set wrong.

Quantos

Lord
I know it's not Razor though, it works right on my machine. Also, if it was Razor there would be more posts about it than just yours.

This is a real head scratcher.

I will recommend just having some patience, someone will come along that knows the program better than I and have a solution for you.

Murzin

Knight
it looks like its crashing when its trying to display the intro screen with the razor logo on it.

at Assistant.SplashScreen.InitializeComponent()
at Assistant.SplashScreen..ctor()
at Assistant.SplashScreen.ThreadMain()

tells me its trying to draw the into splash screen but is failing to.

what about updating your video drivers and making sure you have 9.0c of directx

Lynch

Wanderer
how do i update my video drivers? i just downloaded directx yesterday thinkin that was the problem but it still doesnt work.

R

r00ted

find the type of video card you have. then check the Manufacturer's website.

To find your video card type:
right click My Computer, click Properties, click Hardware tab, click "Device Manager" button. Look in that "tree" for "Display Adapters" or something like that.

Here is what mine looks like:

Notice, mine says "RADEON", I would then open a new browser window/tab and goto google.com and type in "RADEON 9500" within quotation marks, and most likely somewhere in those top 10 sites, there will be a link to "ATI" the creator of those drivers/cards ;)

So.....do the same with your video card.

@ Mods: Feel free to FAQ this post if you deem it necessary :p

Zippy

Razor Creator
Well this isnt a video driver issue... It's some kind of freaky .NET issue.... I'll try to put a fix in next version, but I suspect you have some weird .NET problem and it will pop up in a different place even if you get past this point with the next version.

So keep trying, or wait for 24. I'd keep trying since this might cause you problems in 24 anyways.

Lynch

Wanderer
why cant computers just work? damnit i cant play without razor. what else should i keep trying? i updated the video drivers but it didnt fix it.

Lynch

Wanderer
well removed it but it didnt fix anything. could i maybe get an older version of razor that might work?

R

r00ted

well, as Zippy said, it's not a "Razor" bug, more of a freaky .NET framework issue (in his words :p)

Veloce

Wanderer
I am having the same problem, I am trying to connect to UO Gamers I can connect to their server fine by just using UO Gateway. When I select Razor to load it will not let me connect to UO gamers. One thing I noticed is that when I load up razor outside of UOG I can select UO gamers as the server to connect to but it will not let me enter in a port #. You cannot enter in any letter or number in the port box. Everything that happens to me seems to be identical to Lynchs problem and I just downloaded razor and krrios client today. Have .net v1.1 also.