RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic of the Church - QUEST

Rof

Wanderer
Relic of the Church - QUEST

Summary:
After downloading and using the Diamond Imbued Robe quest (Posted by wraith) I decided to come up with a new quest using some of the same types of features in the Diamond Robe Quest.

There is no timer on this quest so the players can take as long as they want to complete this quest. Players need to locate and kill a monster named Dartmoor Pony (Name should ring a bell with anyone who played Dark Age of Camelot), upon killing these ponies an Ancient Granite stone will be on the corpse. A player must return 50 of these items to Norivar the Cleric who gives the quest. These Granite stones are tradable to insure that others may want to kill ponies just for the quest items. Due to the nature of these ponies and type of reward this quest may be quite difficult, hence the name of the Quest, Endless Peril.

The shield reward when double clicked not only increases all stats, but also changes the appearance of the wearer.

Description:
Thanks for all the input everyone....Version #2 posted 6-22-04

Recent Changes:

Fixed name issues with Ancient Graite Stones, and modified granite itemID being used.

Lowered the amount of stones needed for completion to 35.

Various spelling/grammar changes.

Added finish gump to notify player upon completion of quest.

Installation:
Installation is quite easy, just drop it in you /scripts/custom folder and set up a spawn for Norivar and the Dartmoor Ponies and you're good to go. Enjoy, and let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• Endless Peril.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,102

malgrimace

Sorceror
Looks pretty good

A couple of things i've noticed on it.

There's no way to tell how many shards you've collected (could use some kind of counter on a gump or something)

If you accept the quest - you can talk to the guy and you get the first gump message - perhaps it would be better if he told you to go away until you had all the shards instead of giving you the quest again

The shards - although listed as stackable - don't. I think this is cause of the ItemID you're using. I used the ItemID for "Granite" and it worked fine.

Sometimes the horses seem to be avoiding taking damage (ie I diouble click to attack and nothing happens

The horse are really powerful (compared to players) so perhaps lowering the amount of stones needed to like 20-30?

When you complete the quest - the NPC doesn't thank you in any way - he just drops the shield in your pack. This feels a little sloppy to me.

Other then that - look good.

malgrimace

Sorceror
The gump states the name of the item is Ancient Granite Stone - btu the item shows as only granitestone (with no space).

malgrimace

Sorceror
I've made a few adjustments to the gump dialogue to make the text a little more flowing - as well as fixing a couple of mistakes and such with the spelling:

Code:
using System; 
using Server; 
using Server.Gumps; 
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Mobiles;

namespace Server.Gumps
{ 
   public class NorivarGump : Gump 
   { 
      public static void Initialize() 
      { 
         Commands.Register( "NorivarGump", AccessLevel.GameMaster, new CommandEventHandler( NorivarGump_OnCommand ) ); 
      } 

private static void NorivarGump_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e ) 
      { 
         e.Mobile.SendGump( new NorivarGump( e.Mobile ) ); 
      } 

public NorivarGump( Mobile owner ) : base( 50,50 ) 
      { 
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AddPage( 0 );
			AddImageTiled(  54, 33, 369, 400, 2624 );
			AddAlphaRegion( 54, 33, 369, 400 );

AddImageTiled( 416, 39, 44, 389, 203 );
//--------------------------------------Window size bar--------------------------------------------

AddImage( 97, 49, 9005 );
			AddImageTiled( 58, 39, 29, 390, 10460 );
			AddImageTiled( 412, 37, 31, 389, 10460 );
			AddLabel( 140, 60, 0x34, "The Quest of Endless Peril" );

AddHtml( 107, 140, 300, 230, "<BODY>" +
//----------------------/----------------------------------------------/
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Noriar looks at you and smiles...<BR><BR>So the power of the church compels you? I am indeed the most fevorous Cleric in the land.<BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Ah, you look at my shield in such a way! So you wish one of these shields for yourself do you?<BR><BR>I have for you a VERY dangerous yet rewarding endeavor." +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>I will craft you one if you would wish it, but the materials I require are very rare. They are called Ancient Granite Stones and can be found on Dartmoor Ponies.<BR><BR>These are powerful beasts; not easily killed in battle. Should you retrieve these shards - I shall consider you worthy and will craft you a shield." +
						     "</BODY>", false, true);

//			<BASEFONT COLOR=#7B6D20>			

//			AddLabel( 113, 135, 0x34, "Noriar looks at you in disbelief..." );
//			AddLabel( 113, 150, 0x34, "Noriar looks at you in disbelief..." );
//			AddLabel( 113, 165, 0x34, "one you seek. The Greatest Smite Cleric in the land!" );
//			AddLabel( 113, 180, 0x34, "The Shield of Peril Draws you near. So you wish" );
//			AddLabel( 113, 195, 0x34, "a Shield of Peril do you? will you " );
//			AddLabel( 113, 210, 0x34, "bring me the required items?" );
//			AddLabel( 113, 235, 0x34, "This is a VERY dangerous yet rewarding Test of Faith." );
//			AddLabel( 113, 250, 0x34, "The materials I require are 75 Diamond Shards," );
//			AddLabel( 113, 265, 0x34, "The shards can be found on Dartmoor Ponies." );
//			AddLabel( 113, 280, 0x34, "These are RARE and not easily killed" );
//			AddLabel( 113, 295, 0x34, "felled. Should you retreive these shards I shall" );
//			AddLabel( 113, 310, 0x34, "craft you your Shield of Peril!" );
			AddImage( 430, 9, 10441);
			AddImageTiled( 40, 38, 17, 391, 9263 );
			AddImage( 6, 25, 10421 );
			AddImage( 34, 12, 10420 );
			AddImageTiled( 94, 25, 342, 15, 10304 );
			AddImageTiled( 40, 427, 415, 16, 10304 );
			AddImage( -10, 314, 10402 );
			AddImage( 56, 150, 10411 );
			AddImage( 155, 120, 2103 );
			AddImage( 136, 84, 96 );

AddButton( 225, 390, 0xF7, 0xF8, 0, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 ); 

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      } 

public override void OnResponse( NetState state, RelayInfo info ) //Function for GumpButtonType.Reply Buttons 
      { 
         Mobile from = state.Mobile; 

switch ( info.ButtonID ) 
         { 
            case 0: //Case uses the ActionIDs defenied above. Case 0 defenies the actions for the button with the action id 0 
            { 
               //Cancel 
               from.SendMessage( "The Glory of the Church is behind you, if your faith is strong you shall not fail.  Safe Journies!" );
               break; 
            } 

}
      }
   }
}

Also, if you alter the Norivar.cs script as followed, it at least gives a small message to tell the player that the quest is over:

Code:
         			if(dropped.Amount!=50)
         			{
					this.PrivateOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 1153, false, "That is not the amount I asked for!", mobile.NetState );
         				return false;
         			}

dropped.Delete(); 
					mobile.AddToBackpack( new RelicOfTheChurch() );
					mobile.SendMessage( "You have completed your quest!" );

return true;
         		}
Hope this helps.

malgrimace

Sorceror
Guys? The 4 posts were just me LOL

I guess I should have taken it all and edited it into one post :D

Also - that final gump - you might want to make it:

Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Gumps;

namespace Server.Gumps
{
	public class FinishGump : Gump
	{
		public FinishGump()
			: base( 200, 200 )
		{
			this.Closable=true;
			this.Disposable=true;
			this.Dragable=true;
			this.Resizable=false;
			this.AddPage(0);
			this.AddBackground(0, 0, 353, 118, 9270);
			this.AddAlphaRegion( 2, 2, 349, 114 );
//			this.AddItem(297, 38, 4168);
			this.AddLabel(118, 15, 1149, @"Quest Complete");
			this.AddLabel(48, 39, 255, @"I see you have gathered the needed");
			this.AddLabel(48, 55, 255, @"items for me to complete your shield.");
			this.AddLabel(48, 71, 255, @"Here it is, May it serve you well.");
//			this.AddItem(12, 38, 4171);

}

}
}

This way, it says Shield instead of robe - and the typo "server" has been corrected to "serve".

malgrimace

Sorceror
Hey, it's been nice to work on a script. Like Sabots' Flesh Golem Crafting script - he was good enough to take all my suggestions and ideas on board :)

BTW - I actually modified your script to form a new one compatible with Sabots' Flesh Golem Crafting - but since PayPal hates my Visa card, I can't post it!!!

Rof

Wanderer
malgrimace said:
Looks pretty good
There's no way to tell how many shards you've collected (could use some kind of counter on a gump or something)

If you accept the quest - you can talk to the guy and you get the first gump message - perhaps it would be better if he told you to go away until you had all the shards instead of giving you the quest again

I honestly don't see a need to make a gump that tells you how many stones you've collected. Given the fact that a player can simply click on the stones in his/her backpack for that amount.

A player does not actually accept the quest, hence why you can repeatedly talk to Norivar and receive the gump message. This was intentional due to the fact that if a player does not remember where these stones came from they can simply return to Norivar and see the "quest" details again. Having Norivar tell players to go away if they don't have the required items defeats the point of the stones being tradable/sellable. A player could "farm" these stones to sell the shield repeatedly and/or just sell the stones to other players.

malgrimace

Sorceror
okay - but before I altered the ItemID of the stones to match the "high quality granite" they weren't stacking in my backpack.

Setting it to the same as granite seemed to solve the issue though.

I love this script - i've already managed to alter it twice to give more scope and quests to the players!

All in all - after the mistakes are fixed, this is a damned fine script.

[steel]

Wanderer
Rof, i dont know for you, but for me this shield is a overpowered, i am sure that most of people like me will replace or delete the some of shield probs. I sugest you to make reward items or quest items little bit balanced, that not ruin game economics and balance at all.
Anyway good job.

Rof

Wanderer
[steel] said:
Rof, i dont know for you, but for me this shield is a overpowered, i am sure that most of people like me will replace or delete the some of shield probs. I sugest you to make reward items or quest items little bit balanced, that not ruin game economics and balance at all.
Anyway good job.

No matter what type of item someone adds to the game, there will always be people who think it is overpowered and ruin the balance of the game. When Vet Reward cloaks were originally introduced to OSI shards there was a lengthy discussion regarding imbalance they created, and now on an OSI shard you hardly see them because they're simply not that good anymore.

The reward is submitted as a script, and therefore customizable to do with as you please. By all means, modify the bonuses of the reward to fit your shard or leave it as is, it's totally up to you.

malgrimace

Sorceror
I, personally, toned mine down a little to just defence + 15 and self repair 1 (with blessed) but that's just for opinion.

The items are easy enough to edit - so I don't see why there should be any modifications to the script before it's released (cause I do suggest you re-release the script with the alterations).

That's the good thing abotu the script - it's so easy to mod and it only takes a few minutes.

Rof

Wanderer
malgrimace said:
I, personally, toned mine down a little to just defence + 15 and self repair 1 (with blessed) but that's just for opinion.

The items are easy enough to edit - so I don't see why there should be any modifications to the script before it's released (cause I do suggest you re-release the script with the alterations).

That's the good thing abotu the script - it's so easy to mod and it only takes a few minutes.

I have already made the changes to the scripts and resubmitted the .zip file that contains these alterations. I was originally intending on making this quest impossible to complete without the help of a few friends, hence the name "Endless Peril" so the reward had to be quite good.

Maybe next time I'll make a quest named "You will die! This quest is impossible." :D

Voran

Wanderer
Rof said:
and kill a monster named Dartmoor Pony (Name should ring a bell with anyone who played Dark Age of Camelot),
And anyone who's ever been to Dartmoor - poor little ponies!
*smiles*
Sounds good - I'll try it out later

A

AdrianBloodrain

Theres a bug with this...... If u change into the form with the shield and Die you turn back into a human but still get the stats... i have players getting 700 of each stat becasue they can jsut change form die and do it all over .. a ONbforedeath needs to be added that changes the stats back .. so this dont happen

Rof

Wanderer
Bug issues fixed....

Thanks for pointing this out.

Download the new script below for the changes.

Attachments

• RelicOfTheChurch.cs
    3.5 KB · Views: 52

Naruto345

Wanderer
RAAWWWWRRR!!! AM I PLAYING A DIFFERENT GAME OR SOMETHING!?!?!??! Even with the itemid set to 6009 (Granite), the stones are still not stackable!! My norivar doesn't tell you how much he needs, and you can't hand them to him one at a time! I also don't know how to set the shield attributes. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Naruto345

Wanderer
By stackable, you mean that you can just drop one on the other and they will combine, and say 2 ancient granite stone, right?

Naruto345

Wanderer
Yeah, I set them to granite. I try to drop one ontop of the other, and then pick them all up at once and it doesn't work.