RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep/karma problem

greywolf79

Sorceror
Rep/karma problem

Anyone else had this problem? I have always had my rep enabled. Never turned it off, because I like to get the responses and what not with it... Now today I log in and my rep/karma is turned off.

If this is a common issue, how do I turn it back on?

GreyWolf.

greywolf79

Sorceror
That would explain it then. Thanks Jeff for answering the question. Also, I hope there was not a post I missed about it (otherwise I would not have made this one)... I do apologize if it was talked about already.

GreyWolf.

Vorspire

Knight
I also think they should remove post-count titles and give everyone the same title unless they receive a commendation of some sort from a staff member.

Kiwi

Knight
Ideally post counts should be private, that way only registration date matters and my veteran status will empower me over this forum once again

greywolf79

Sorceror
I am not saying that... But it would be nice to have some way of telling how much a person contributes... Maybe give like on some forums I have seen they call them "Kudos" where for each submission of scripts they give you a number of Kudos. This might work here too...

GreyWolf.

Vorspire

Knight
greywolf79;770159 said:
I am not saying that... But it would be nice to have some way of telling how much a person contributes... Maybe give like on some forums I have seen they call them "Kudos" where for each submission of scripts they give you a number of Kudos. This might work here too...

GreyWolf.

How about you get one honor or commendation point for every script you submit that has been rated by the public?
Peer-reviewing would be a great thing to keep crappy scripts and hundreds of imba mobs out of the releases section.

Vorspire

Knight
Wouldn't post links to searches with ID's because they time-out after 10 minutes of inactivity from your user session key.

Kiwi

Knight
I don't care if the link doesn't work 10 minutes from now, you were active and I knew you'd read it within 2 minutes

aj9251

Sorceror
Jeff;770150 said:
it has been removed.

Aww... It would have been better just to set it to positive karma only :)

or something like greywolf suggested

GreyWolf.

Jeff

Lord
Vorspire;770162 said:
Peer-reviewing would be a great thing to keep crappy scripts and hundreds of imba mobs out of the releases section.

That is an ignorant idea. Everyone starts somewhere. i consider my first few releases to be shit now. Wether its an item/monster, or a complex system they all deserve comendation, its hard to code something and its even harder to code something for this community.

aj9251

Sorceror
Jeff;770176 said:
That is an ignorant idea. Everyone starts somewhere. i consider my first few releases to be shit now. Wether its an item/monster, or a complex system they all deserve comendation, its hard to code something and its even harder to code something for this community.

Agreed. 100%

Vorspire

Knight
Kiwi;770171 said:
I don't care if the link doesn't work 10 minutes from now, you were active and I knew you'd read it within 2 minutes

I haven't clicked it yet tbh, because I don't really care.

Vorspire

Knight
Jeff;770176 said:

Sorry Jeff, I didn't think that one through. It was ignorant, yes.

But still, it's annoying to go through 20 scripts that are all "Gargoyle with 200 damage rating" etc before you find something you really want to impliment, newbie or oldbie, it can be tiresome.

Kiwi

Knight
Vorspire;770185 said:
I haven't clicked it yet tbh, because I don't really care.

Then why the fuck did you ask?