RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Repeating Trap 1.0

No permission to download

Miracle99

Squire
Miracle99 submitted a new resource:

Repeating Trap (version 1.0) - Trap that will hit anyone within range continually.

This is my first published script so hopefully its not too badly written.

Basic Description:

Unlike all other traps that only go off once when they are triggered, this trap will go off repeatedly as long as the player is within range.

With a little imagination and some playing around you could have so many different types of traps.

Want an Ankh that tosses out bones and makes screaming sounds?

How about a Jewerly stand that shoots Gems and sounds like...

Read more about this resource...

Teagan

Sorceror
Damnit, now a bad idea came to mind. Have a catapault in the game chuck sheep, cows, bulls, chickens, and bunnies at people...Just like an annoying Frenchman.

Mortis

Knight
I may have stated it wrong or not. But at the French castle they had Cowtapolts that they slung cows out of to land amongst the small English fighting force.

Teagan

Sorceror
The cowtapault is a great way to mess with some heads in the game. I should add an NPC that throws random insults at people standing next to the cowtapault. See how many players get the reference.

I changed the SpellEffect to fire the miniature figures (shrunken pet icon itemID) to : m_SpellEffect = 8485; 8451; 8431; 8401; 8427; 9600;
And get a message saying CS0201 Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement
I know it's something painfully simple, I have not done much scripting yet.

Teagan

Sorceror
A weird thing about this script, I am placing 6 in a castle for a holy grail quest, each trap throwing a different farm animal...I test this out with a simple wyvern in the middle (kinda cool to watch it happen), when the wyvern croaked, it leveled up. And this is not a bonded pet.

Miracle99

Squire
A weird thing about this script, I am placing 6 in a castle for a holy grail quest, each trap throwing a different farm animal...I test this out with a simple wyvern in the middle (kinda cool to watch it happen), when the wyvern croaked, it leveled up. And this is not a bonded pet.

Not sure what leveling up is. Maybe since the mob died by neither a player or basecreature there is something in your leveling up system that is doing it. Just a guess