RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Routers and connections for dummies. :)

kfstrong

Wanderer
I configured port forwarding to my server and set the external IP address in my ServerList.cs, but I'm still having problems.

I have Wireshark running on my server and I can see the TCP packets coming from the PC I'm trying to connect with, but the server doesn't respond to them.

When I start RunUO, it shows the following:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2103 items, 542 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (91641 items, 1927 mobiles) (4.48 seconds)
Reports: Stats: Loading...done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.1.65:2593

Shouldn't the Address lines at the end show the change I made in the ServerList.cs? I'm using a domain name in the ServerList which resolves to 69.219.xxx.xxx, but RunUO still shows my private address. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Kinghen

Wanderer
Connecting...

Hello all.
I am having some issues connecting to my server.
I can get the login screen, pas the credentials and then it just hangs on the connecting screen.

Server shows valid credentials, a connection, then an immediate disconnect.
I have tried locally and externally. Oddly enough my test server worked fine but this one I am having issues with.

I have a Linksys and did everything listed here but cannot even connect locally. My firewall has RunUO as a trusted appliaction, I can ping it fine but cannot connect to the game past the login screen.

Any help anyone can offer me will be greatly appreciated.

Spazmodan

Wanderer
I am so confused. This is not working and i hate routers, they really make me angry. First of all, i followed all the steps for the Linksys router till i got to the serverlist.cs. You said to find this line "public static readonly string Address = null;" There is no line in my script that says that! Now i followed all those steps and i have no idea what i just did to my PC, omg...

EDIT: So i found this line instead /////This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP: * private const string Address =///// So what IP do i put in, the one that it says on the server.exe or the one on IP chicken? So, i tried putting the on on IP chicken and people still can't connect so then on this line /////If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too: * private const string Address =///// i put in the host name i previously had on my other modem because my IP wasn't static. now that doesn't work either? wtf?!

Mortis

Knight
shivanna;727233 said:
Oh.. my netgear setup is different to this and it doesnt work.. :(
My netgear is old but works this way. using lan ip from 196.168.0.2 and up. 192.168.0.2 being my PC on the lan. Sometimes I have to change the lan IP due to power outages and who turns their PC on first after such.

You really do have to go to your routers company homepage and put in your model number to get a decent idea of how to properly port forward on your router.

Attachments

• net.PNG
    net.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 16

brixey2451

Wanderer
ok, i got all the way to the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), when i get there i put in the ip address, subnet mask and default gateway, but in cmd, when i get my ip info it dosent give me my DNS Suffix. any sugestions?

Differus

Wanderer
FUCK!
I Looked Through Ever Fucking Forum And No One Has A Description For Belkin Rourters.
I Always Get The Error "Port Has To Be Through 1- 65534"
Wtf?
Someone Plzzz Post A Belkin Rourter Description!!!
PLEASE!
Thank You.
:D

Laged67

Wanderer
well i have a DI-524 802.11g wireless router and i cant figure out how to make a access port because it doesnt have access game ports anywhere and i dont know what to do ....can anyone help me?

applepie

Sorceror
hmm

hmm when trying to access ur router/modem put your username as admin and pass as cableroot should open access to your forwarding etc this is what i had to do with my new modem

Jasonntn

Wanderer
Try admin and admin - or maybe admin and 1234. Seems like every router is different, but most are something simple. I found mine on google. You might want to search there.

jumpnjahosofat

Sorceror
Try posting some screen shots of your router and maybe we can tell you were to put the right numbers :D

Differus;765224 said:
"Bad Language is bad"
I Looked Through Ever Fucking Forum And No One Has A Description For Belkin Rourters.
I Always Get The Error "Port Has To Be Through 1- 65534"
Wtf?
Someone Plzzz Post A Belkin Rourter Description!!!
PLEASE!
Thank You.
:D

jumpnjahosofat

Sorceror
I believe that for D-Link routers, you will need to login to your router using the login and password Admin:password or Admin:Admin. Once inside your router you will need to click the advanced tab at the top and there you will find the port forwarding section. =)

Laged67;766775 said:
well i have a DI-524 802.11g wireless router and i cant figure out how to make a access port because it doesnt have access game ports anywhere and i dont know what to do ....can anyone help me?

cullin101111

Wanderer
i could us some help every time i put my ip in the serverlist.cs it comes up with a script error

error:
+ misc/serverlist.cs;
cs1002:line 48: expected

razzles

Wanderer
cullin101111;782485 said:
i could us some help every time i put my ip in the serverlist.cs it comes up with a script error

error:
+ misc/serverlist.cs;
cs1002:line 48: expected

Can't tell without seeing the script.

mandaha

Sorceror
work til certain point

it worked until a certain point but ugh when i get to the properties on the network con, i put in all my info and i can't connect to the internet on anything after that :( and theres no ok button after i click ok on the properties but there is b4 i go into it .... what wrong with this... it's so confusing :mad: lol makes me wanna throw my comp across the room :p