RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 stress tested to 3200 ONLINE users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stooge

Wanderer
Stress Test For FTP server too?

Ryan said:
Just wanted to let you know, last night the RunUO Team stress tested RunUO 1.0 on our production game server UO Gamers: Hybrid and had 3,200+ users online at peak.

So it's safe to say that RunUO 1.0 could handle alllllllllllllllllllllll of my users....

All 3 of them. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I hope the server that's hosting the download can handle it when 6 million of us come knocking on the door @ 2100 hours. ;]

For Duty and Humanity!

POTS

[set name "twoballcane"

Vidi

Page
The only limitations were .NET's garbage collection which we have already begun working on, to see if we can get around the .NET limitation.

Seriously, 3200 players at once, I think you might be able to let that slide for a bit.

Great job guys! You rock!

Vasago

Wanderer
Ryan said:
Quad Processor Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz
4 gigs of RAM
3 72G 15k RPM Drives (RAID 5)

It's a beast. omg

How big are the save files and how long does a save take? (just being curious)

Deimos

Page
Not bad at all
I would ask how much that costs per month, but i'd assume that's private info right? heh

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Question. Is RUNUO even Legal? I mean.. Copying UO Client Etc. I dunno. I would feel better if it had at least no evil glares from OSI. Also I don't want EA games to hire a swat squad to bust in ryans window and point high caliber rifles at his head. :p

Phantom

Knight
Kwwres10 said:
Question. Is RUNUO even Legal? I mean.. Copying UO Client Etc. I dunno. I would feel better if it had at least no evil glares from OSI. Also I don't want EA games to hire a swat squad to bust in ryans window and point high caliber rifles at his head. :p

If it wasn't legal, it wouldn't be around.

Quantos

Lord
Kwwres10 said:

There is no copying of client.exe on this site, or any of Ryans sites. Anybody that does distribute it or use a pirate gets what they deserve.

psz

Administrator
You can create a server with RunUO that uses no OSI files whatsoever.

There are mul editors to create new art, sound, maps, etc, and there are at least 2 3rd party clients that will read those files.

RunUO is as legal as Peer 2 Peer software.

How *YOU* use it is up to you.

DarkStar

Wanderer
Citing this FAQ :

Ultima Online has been designed by Origin Systems for play only on the Service. The Software is licensed to you for play on the Service only. Origin does not grant you a license to use the Software for any other purpose. You agree to play Ultima Online only on the Service and not through any other means. You further agree not to create or provide any other means through which others may play Ultima Online, for example, through server emulators.

Well? How about the
If you read the most up to date license agreement
. Law doesn't work backwards, so they can't just put a new license on their website and say "hey, the old EULA you signed is obsolete now, obey the new rules". But what if new patches are licensed this way? Then you couldn't play on free shards using a client patched to the new(est) version. The same is when you got a new client, that was released after the new license. RunUO, as a piece of software is fully legal. But according to the rules - you cannot host a gameplay server with it, nor can you play on that.

Atomic

Wanderer
You can host as long as all your muls are self made. And you can play with Ultima Iris or krrios' client.

RazorJimmy

Wanderer
Uh Ryan, how do you afford that much of bandwidth use? You are a university student as far as I know and as a university student, I can't afford the bandwidth for my 400 player UO shard.. I'm really curious, please enlighten me :)

EternaL2K

Wanderer
easy way around legal issues

Well its rather simple. If you read all of the terms of service stuff.
"If any such revision is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your membership as provided in Section 9"
All of those rules and laws only apply to members. So if you dont have an osi membership you wouldnt be bound by EA's rules.

Ryan, what type of classes have you taken to teach you the information you need to know about all of this RunUO business? I mean obviously you created it, but i mean what classes other than the obvious programming classes, did you have to take to aid you in this? I'm just curious, because when i go to college next year I want to make sure im taking the classes i need that will teach me what I need to know about all this networking over the internet etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.