RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 stress tested to 3200 ONLINE users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic

Wanderer
It was krrios that developed most of the RunUO base code, and I bet he learnt all by himself. That's the way geniuses work :p

Okay then he read some books. if he actually just started reading the code, from no programming experience or anything, and learned all the way up to what he does now, that would've taken a long time. (if he didnt use books at least). And if he did use books, then im curious what books it was that he read. They werent all just programming books im assuming. Seeing as there's a lot of networking involved.

SquireOCX

Wanderer
You learn significantly faster, in terms of programming, with practical experience. Starting with basic programs and then looking at the source code of other bigger projects, then using your knowledge to develop your own project.

I'd rather learn that way, then spend weeks reading books. ;)

Crepti

Wanderer
Books are only good for reference and as a reminder of syntax, in my opinion. But that's just me.
When I was first learning C, I took a course at college for it. Our tutor there was awful, but she taught us a bit, and the rest the students picked up ourselves from talking to each other and dissecting code together.

If you ask me, it's a lot easier to learn something with like-minded people around.

SquireOCX

Wanderer
MSDN, and other documentation will be very helful, when trying to find parameter values for predefined code in .NET stuff. Thats another golden tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.