RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 1.0 Final] Swamp Queen Quest..( My first Quest)

mitty

Sorceror
[RunUO 1.0 Final] Swamp Queen Quest..( My first Quest)

After much thought I decided to publish this and hope that some of you will
enjoy it as much as we do. We have this quest on our shard, and the players
like the fact we used (un-used map areas to run the quest at) It is very
user-friendly and no distro or mods are necessary, unless you choose to do
so. Please read the text file included, it tells you how to set the quest up,
and has information on the Boss monsters, loot, locations etc. If you have
any problems please let me know..:D I'm working on getting this out for Run UO 2.0 ASAP.

Attachments

• SwampQueenQuest.rar
    16.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Swamp Queen quest.txt.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 319

mitty

Sorceror
Yes I can... here it is..

The quest starts out in Bucs Den Trammel. You go up to the npc Old Salty and he talks to you about the evil swamp queen and how he almost died by her hands while exploring. He tells you that she's trapped underground, but he can gate you there if you want the quest. Accept and he gates you to the first Boss Monster, 'Mother Nature'. She was trapped by the evil swamp
queen and turned evil. She won't attack until struck(looks innocent). When you finish killing her, she drops a minor arty, and decent loot. Upon her death she spawns a gate to the second Boss 'The First Mate'. There are also 3 brigands with him to take on. When you get him killed, he spawns the Dread Pirate Captain Jack Sparrow (The True Boss on the second legg). when he's dead, he has a random chance of dropping 3 different pirate oriented minor arties.( I used the minors from stock Paragon spawn). He then spawns a gate to the final Boss 'The Swamp Queen'. You then must kill her to get a random chance at some custom armor ( Nox Armor) and a shield and katana. She also drops a good loot pack. You can then recall out, and the quest is finished. I'm going to convert this to 2.0 and am making some mods to it also. so basically, it can be three mini quests or finish the whole thing, your choice.

Like no marking in these special places and also feel free to mod the monsters and weapons if you like to fit your needs. I also included full instructions in the rar.folder. Hope this helped. :D

mitty

Sorceror
Got it updated...

Anyone reading this, I got the new 2.0 version posted on this forum and ready for your new shards Run UO 2.0. See earlier in this forum..:D Oh and thank you for your interest. Enjoy!

Sunshine

Wanderer
Hi the title says run uo 1 but the script info says run uo 2...which is it? I am looking for run uo 1 things myself

mitty

Sorceror
Run UO 1.0...

I know I asked them to change that, this version is for Run UO 1.0 If you read down further there is a version I updated for and posted here for 2.0 Thank you Sunshine and hope you like it.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Went great and love it...I have two question though, while looking through it and adjusting for our shard :

1. I noticed one monster calls for pixies randomly to create....now are these just regular ones? as they will not attack unless attacked or neg karma on player..

2nd First mate ..what is the role he plays?

mitty

Sorceror
Glad you liked it...

Yes the pixies are regular ones that she calls upon randomly to aid in killing you if you attack her. Otherwise they dont purposely attack on sight.

As far as the First Mate, doesn't every Captain have one? (LOL). No seriously I thought would be a nice twist, as he's dying, he morphs into Captain Jack! You know, gotta kill the first mate to get to the captain type idea. Thank you for trying it out and I'm glad you like it! :D I'll be posting other quests for both versions of Run UO in the future! Stay Tuned.:D

SpecialEd

Wanderer
Quest

Well I am currently setting this quest up and it doesnt seem the file contains the text file. No big deal but after you talk to Ol' salty where does the gate spawn at? It seems after I talk to him/her it asks do you wish to go...if I talk to the npc again says it is already active. so I am assuming the gate spawns just dont know where..the rest of the quest is set and looks great :)

Sunshine

Wanderer
mitty said:
Yes the pixies are regular ones that she calls upon randomly to aid in killing you if you attack her. Otherwise they dont purposely attack on sight.

As far as the First Mate, doesn't every Captain have one? (LOL). No seriously I thought would be a nice twist, as he's dying, he morphs into Captain Jack! You know, gotta kill the first mate to get to the captain type idea. Thank you for trying it out and I'm glad you like it! :D I'll be posting other quests for both versions of Run UO in the future! Stay Tuned.:D

Ahk ok well I went ahead and made me some evil pixies ya know they hang with a tough crowd lol..

and the mate thing is awsome..so I spawn 1st mate and that will call up sparrow before death...smacks head I should have looked closer thanks

Sunshine

Wanderer
SpecialEd said:
Well I am currently setting this quest up and it doesnt seem the file contains the text file. No big deal but after you talk to Ol' salty where does the gate spawn at? It seems after I talk to him/her it asks do you wish to go...if I talk to the npc again says it is already active. so I am assuming the gate spawns just dont know where..the rest of the quest is set and looks great :)

Same thing here ...I spawned him and seen where the gate should lead to but there it is not making a gate near him to go through....boggles

I went on with the quest and found that once Sparrow dies that the gate is not spawning to the next place..can you help us out thanks hun

SpecialEd

Wanderer
Quest

I didnt have a problem with Sparrow seems the whole quest works except for the start of it when you talk to the first npc old salty. now where is that gate spawned...HMMmmmMM

mitty

Sorceror
Im at work right now..

I'll get on it as soo as I get home guys. I dont know why sparrow didnt spawn a gate for you, If you changed locations you must change them in his gate script and his gump script.( Thus going, and arriving) If you used our locations, then not sure. I will post the text for the quest, I apprently did not for Run UO 1.0, but did in 2.0 (LOL) oops sorry guys.As far as old salty, if you put him in the back room (straight back) in tavern in Buc's Den TRAMMEL, then he should spawn the gate right next to him, to start the quest. If not you need to get in his gate script and change the destination locations of his gate and then change his gate to start location in his gump script. Thank you so much both of you for all your input.:D I'll only get better at this, with more exciting quests in the future thanks to you guys reporting these things to me.:D

SpecialEd

Wanderer
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply ..I'm going on to add this a.s.a.p. thanks again , now more for the players to do..and ty to all the script writers out there for your hard work and making UO more exciting everyday :) :)

mitty

Sorceror
Here's the text for the quest guys!

I edited the post for the download and now the text for the script is there for downloading. Sorry guys, I forgot to add it, for Run UO 1.0 :D