RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Bestiary Generator.

Soultaker

Sorceror
Ok i can't seem to figure this out :)
I have tried everything i could find in the posts to make it work
I don't get any errors i just cant figure out how to get it to start once i get into UO

I have put it in as follows:
RunUO\Bestiary\bgen\data\*.* All scripts in the main run uo directory
RunUO\Scripts\Customs\Bestiary\bgen\scripts\*.*
Moved Ultima.dll to the Main RunUO Directory

and Also tried this

RunUO\Bestiary\bgen\data\*.* All scripts in the main run uo directory
RunUO\Scripts\Engines\Bestiary\bgen\scripts\*.*

and Also tried this

RunUO\Data\Bestiary\bgen\data\*.* All scripts in the RunUo Data Directory
RunUO\Scripts\Engines\Bestiary\bgen\scripts\*.*

And the Command to use the Bestiary is ? [Bestiary ? or [bestiary right...

Thank you again for any help you can give me :)
Soultaker
:eek:

Is this downloadable?

I have the pics, xml and dll files and the bat file but where are the scripts located?

I assume the only place to download the scripts are from here... Dragon Of Diety Rising - Log in .

But the security is messed up. and I failed 3 times so now I cannot get any of the files from there. Anyone else have the files?

yep

Pyro-Tech;768074 said:
post 61 (a few up) has them in there....and the scripts are somewhat nested in the file so....

hehe. I got that file. didn't see the gen folder. my mistake. oops. :)

{EDIT}
Ok after finding the missing files I tried to get it to run. I got the server to compile just fine but the index.html is blank nothing is in it at all. What am I doing wrong?

It's a little confusing where the files should go exactly. I have removed all files several times from the server and tried to put them in as many ways as possible. Some compile and some don't. The ones that compile will always make a blank index.html.

What is the proper directory structure for the files. Oh also there is no layer_top.png, layer_bottom.jpg or watermark.png in the zip file provided in post 61. Could that be the problem that I am having or is it something else?

mikeymaze

Wanderer
how to i get my website to show the files do i have to upload the whole file i am trying the page shows with everything but im not sure how i add the index.html or the data.xml file do i need to do mysql data base? or something?

Varchild

Wanderer
Is there an updated version of this system?

Anyone can provide these 3 files?

layer_top.png,
layer_bottom.jpg
watermark.png

they are required but not included in posted package

arul

Sorceror
The first post has been updated with the archive, if you're having trouble with the archive from the forums please use the secondary link.

Alari

Wanderer
It will make a directory called Bestiary under RunUO containing index.html, (damagetype).gif, style.css, and the directories Content, Fixes, and Images.

Open index.html in your favorite web browser to see your local copy.

To share it, either copy that entire Bestiary directory to your public html directory for locally hosted stuff, or ftp it to your remote web site. Or use whatever tools you get with your web hosting place to upload that Bestiary directory.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
i get this when trying to add the files now

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 3164.28678
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 12/24/2008 12:14:36 PM
Mobiles: 36767
Items: 357558
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Copy of Copy of good server\Bestiary\index.html'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at Server.Bestiary.Bestiary.Generate()
at Server.Bestiary.Bestiary.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\RunUO-2.0-RC2\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 645
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\RunUO-2.0-RC2\Server\Main.cs:line 443

Clients:
- Count: 0

any ideas?

Hammerhand

Knight
mikeymaze;785645 said:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Copy of Copy of good server\Bestiary\index.html'.
Might this be part of the problem?

Dreadfull

Sorceror
I have a problem where everything installed properly and if I click on the index.html in the directory it works fine but even if I try a 127.0.0.1 ip address for local to see the file. Either the patch isn't being resolved or just not being opened. yet I can login to server locally and externally just fine. I have have http ports open on my router.

arul

Sorceror
Dreadfull;792604 said:
I have a problem where everything installed properly and if I click on the index.html in the directory it works fine but even if I try a 127.0.0.1 ip address for local to see the file. Either the patch isn't being resolved or just not being opened. yet I can login to server locally and externally just fine. I have have http ports open on my router.
You'll need a web server like Apache to do that, or upload the data on your existing site.

tekproxy

Wanderer
This all works fine, but [docgen will crash the server now and it seems that it doesn't like
Code:
internal class AlphabetEnumerator : IEnumerator<T>

Because when docgen is getting types, this one comes back without having a `1 after the name, and fails because it can't find the index of the ` character. I want to look into it more but I have to leave and thought you should know. I know this might not make sense. Really if you run docgen and it works, then I'll just figure it out on my own.

arul

Sorceror
tekproxy;796557 said:
This all works fine, but [docgen will crash the server now and it seems that it doesn't like
Code:
internal class AlphabetEnumerator : IEnumerator<T>

Because when docgen is getting types, this one comes back without having a `1 after the name, and fails because it can't find the index of the ` character. I want to look into it more but I have to leave and thought you should know. I know this might not make sense. Really if you run docgen and it works, then I'll just figure it out on my own.
Would you mind posting an exact stack trace please? I'll try to look into this when I get time.

According to the ECMA specification of the CLI, the grave accent character ` followed by a constant representing the number of generic parameters must be inserted if the method has one or more generic parameters - I have no Idea why the C# compiler breaks this contract here.

CLS Rule 43: The name of a generic type shall encode the number of type parameters declared on the nonnested
type, or newly introduced to the type if nested, according to the rules defined above.