RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Carpentry and Fletcher Bod System for Karmageddons Ores!

Broadside

Wanderer
Ok i tried this out to see if i would have any problems with this bod package. Sadly i do have same problem here. I try to get bod and it says you can get a bod now and i get none. Then i try again it says i have to wait. I added a bod using add comand for small and large bods of both carpenter and fletcher. What i have is the following.

Large Carpentry Bod

Small Carpentry Bod

Large Fletcher Bod

Small Fletcher Bod

Everything was added that you had with this and needed. Something must be missing or something is messed up in a script. Is it not using ACC like its supposed to or what?

reverian

Sorceror
Using distro wood...

milkman_dan,

Awesome script! I do have a question...

With some editing, can this BOD system be used for the standard ores and wood. I have not added custom resources, but would like carpentry and fletcher BODs to give runics/PSs of such. Just curious where you might direct me to begin to edit these files for the distro wood.

Thank you in advance,

Reverian

Johabius

Knight
Broadside said:
Ok i tried this out to see if i would have any problems with this bod package. Sadly i do have same problem here. I try to get bod and it says you can get a bod now and i get none. Then i try again it says i have to wait. I added a bod using add comand for small and large bods of both carpenter and fletcher. What i have is the following.

Everything was added that you had with this and needed. Something must be missing or something is messed up in a script. Is it not using ACC like its supposed to or what?
Confirmed on that problem. I try to get a carpenter bod, and it tells me down in the lower left corner of the game window that I can get a bod now, and then it says try again.
I am able to get a bowcraft/fletching bod, though.

Broadside

Wanderer
Johabius said:
Confirmed on that problem. I try to get a carpenter bod, and it tells me down in the lower left corner of the game window that I can get a bod now, and then it says try again.
I am able to get a bowcraft/fletching bod, though.

Are the bods as they should be showing item and everythiing correctly or do they show as mine do that i posted?

Johabius

Knight
If it helps, I think it probably has to do with the BodModule file, and it's interaction with ACC and Central Memory. I'll open up BodModule and see if anything looks strange.

Broadside

Wanderer
Wait out the timer and try again.. I think it may be a first time issue and after that you can get them. Only down side is this will happen to players most likely too.

Johabius

Knight
Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now, got nine minutes left. I also used the [mybod command as well so maybe that kicks it into gear.:D
[edit]Damn, that didn't work. Still just tells me that I can get a BoD now, and then doesn't give me one.[/edit]

Johabius

Knight
Thanks Lucid for the help with this, but (there always seems to be a but...lol) I get the following errors on server startup when I replace my distro welcome timer with yours.
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Errors:
 + Misc/WelcomeTimer.cs:
    CS0120: Line 59: An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, me
thod, or property 'Server.Misc.WelcomeTimer.m_Mobile'
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'exp_mod' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'class_mod' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'race_mod' does not exist in the current context
    CS0127: Line 70: Since 'Server.Misc.WelcomeTimer.CreateModules(Server.Mobile
)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression
    CS0120: Line 72: An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, me
thod, or property 'Server.Misc.WelcomeTimer.m_State'
thod, or property 'Server.Misc.WelcomeTimer.m_Count'
    CS0103: Line 99: The name 'from' does not exist in the current context
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Johabius

Johabius said:
Thanks Lucid for the help with this, but (there always seems to be a but...lol) I get the following errors on server startup when I replace my distro welcome timer with yours.
Code:
Errors:
 + Misc/WelcomeTimer.cs:
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'exp_mod' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'class_mod' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 69: The name 'race_mod' does not exist in the current context
Don't be silly. You don't have the level, class or race modules so you should have edited them out. Here you go I did it for you...........

Johabius

Knight
Thanks for the fix! Plopping it in here in just a moment.:)
Okay here's the latest. That last one was pretty easy once I knew what it was, but these one's have me stumped:
Code:
Errors:
+ Misc/WelcomeTimer.cs:

milkman_dan

Wanderer
Patience is a virtue :)

Problem is within the carpenter mobile script itself. Ill post an updated Carpenter.cs

As far as bods not showing properly, did u do any edits to Karmas file he distributed? As bods are showing fine on most servers I have went to that has my system including mine. PM me copy of the smallbodentrys etc.. and Ill see whats going on

Johabius

Knight
milkman_dan said:

Problem is within the carpenter mobile script itself. Ill post an updated Carpenter.cs
Very true...now I just gotta sort through all the different copies of WelcomeTimer that I have, and put the distro one back and wait patiently for the new carpenter:) Thanks Dan!

milkman_dan

milkman_dan said:

As far as bods not showing properly, did u do any edits to Karmas file he distributed? As bods are showing fine on most servers I have went to that has my system including mine. PM me copy of the smallbodentrys etc.. and Ill see whats going on
No the bods don't show up because a module hasn't been created yet. The command [mybod if used for the first time will create one. But it would be much better for a check in login. I will get one working now that I just got back home from work.

OK here is the new one. I tested it and works fine.

Attachments

• WelcomeTimer.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 79

Johabius

Knight
First of all, thank you Lucid for the welcome timer. Works perfectly.
Second, both you and Dan are going to kill me for this, but I figured out why I wasn't getting a carpenter bod even after the bod module had been created.
Last night when Dan said something about the carpenter.cs I was just going to wait for him to upload a new one, but this morning I had some extra time and decided to open it up and take a look. There is nothing wrong with the carpenter.cs It was simply user error on my part. In order to get a carpentry bod, you need to have skill of 50.1 or more. I was used to getting a bod at a lower skill level. I have since lowered the required skill to >= 50.0
Thank you both for all the help, and sorry for my mistake.

*edit* Well looks like I spoke too soon, even after I have a bod module created for the character, and have the appropriate skill to get a small carpentry bod, I'm still not able to get one. The message down in the bottom left corner tells me that I can get one, but one is never offered. I'm going to take a look side by side at the bulk order regions of both the carpenter and bowyer files and see if I can't find the fix.*edit*

Johabius

Johabius said:
First of all, thank you Lucid for the welcome timer. Works perfectly.
Second, both you and Dan are going to kill me for this, but I figured out why I wasn't getting a carpenter bod even after the bod module had been created.
Last night when Dan said something about the carpenter.cs I was just going to wait for him to upload a new one, but this morning I had some extra time and decided to open it up and take a look. There is nothing wrong with the carpenter.cs It was simply user error on my part. In order to get a carpentry bod, you need to have skill of 50.1 or more. I was used to getting a bod at a lower skill level. I have since lowered the required skill to >= 50.0
Thank you both for all the help, and sorry for my mistake.

*edit* Well looks like I spoke too soon, even after I have a bod module created for the character, and have the appropriate skill to get a small carpentry bod, I'm still not able to get one. The message down in the bottom left corner tells me that I can get one, but one is never offered. I'm going to take a look side by side at the bulk order regions of both the carpenter and bowyer files and see if I can't find the fix.*edit*
OH sry I thought you were only having problems with the modules. I tested the [owltrbod gump and it does assign a bod and drops it in the backpack after selecting the OK button. I will test the Carpenter here shortly.

Edit:
BTW I just got done adding staff features to the gump. Here it is if U'd like to try it out.

Edit2:
I tested the bod returns and the Carpenter accepts the bod and gives the proper rewards.

Edit3:
I tested the bod menu on the tailor and it didn't appear. I then [setallskills 120 and tried again and the bod crap appeared on the menu. And when I select ok it puts the bod in my backpack.

Edit4: I just tested the Carpenter and it works too.

Edit5:
Some people flood these threads because they are testing with staff when they shouldn't. Unfortunately, the BOD system isn't setup so that staff have godly access when they should. Sometimes there is testing that you would like to do without grabbing the f*cking players for the 100th time!!! Now that is NO LONGER an issue. I give you a fix that is not OSI, but it is something OSI should have. EA Games needs to sell UO back to Richard and take a head first dive into the Grand Cannon. So join me in my Anti-OSI movement and please install the BOD vendors that I am offering you.

Attachments

• Daat99 Control Center Gumps.cs
    46.1 KB · Views: 67
  • CFTB Vendors [Not OSI].zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 85

milkman_dan

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
OH sry I thought you were only having problems with the modules. I tested the [owltrbod gump and it does assign a bod and drops it in the backpack after selecting the OK button. I will test the Carpenter here shortly.

Edit:
BTW I just got done adding staff features to the gump. Here it is if U'd like to try it out.

Edit2:
I tested the bod returns and the Carpenter accepts the bod and gives the proper rewards.

Edit3:
I tested the bod menu on the tailor and it didn't appear. I then [setallskills 120 and tried again and the bod crap appeared on the menu. And when I select ok it puts the bod in my backpack.

Edit4: I just tested the Carpenter and it works too.

Edit5:
Some people flood these threads because they are testing with staff when they shouldn't. Unfortunately, the BOD system isn't setup so that staff have godly access when they should. Sometimes there is testing that you would like to do without grabbing the f*cking players for the 100th time!!! Now that is NO LONGER an issue. I give you a fix that is not OSI, but it is something OSI should have. EA Games needs to sell UO back to Richard and take a head first dive into the Grand Cannon. So join me in my Anti-OSI movement and please install the BOD vendors that I am offering you.

Well said mate. and Thanks for the help :)

Johabius

Knight
Just a quick question, Dan, are you using the same updated ACC & CM from Lucids custom BOD's package, or are you using A_Li_N's package which was last updated in May?