RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Custom Regions in a Box V4.0

tommenquar

Sorceror
i am using runuo 2.0 final and it works just fine for me. i think i had to make a simple change to the code but i found that within this topic.

Humpster

Wanderer
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.RegionControl.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This happens after I add a new region or edit the currently working one. I get the crash when I get a save

also another one
I am using latest svn

Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.RegionControl.get_CustomGoLocation()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index)
   at Server.Gumps.SetPoint3DGump..ctor(PropertyInfo prop, Mobile mobile, Object o, Stack stack, Int32 page, ArrayList list)
   at Server.Gumps.PropertiesGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

pepper170

Squire
error

Got this after i unzipped . I dont understand what to do here:

CS0508: Line 28: 'Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)': return type must be 'void' to match overridden member 'Server.Region.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'

kevin10

Sorceror
Humpster;836436 said:
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.RegionControl.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

A fix for this issue is in RegionControl.cs approximately line 641:

Code:
get { return m_Region.GoLocation; }

change to:

Code:
get { return m_CustomGoLocation; }

Red4Minax

Sorceror
well this is what i got.

nekron_14

Sorceror
For some reason it doesn't show Enter or Exit messages, or actually stop players from using specific spells. Althought the CustomGoLocation works great lol.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Your region must be conflicting with another region. Increase the RegionPriority setting on your custom region.

Be very careful using this script, I've even crashed my server a few times. Server WILL crash on worldsave if you haven't specified a region with a new regioncontrol flag. Immediatly after spawning a regioncontrol flag issue the command [regioncontrol and select 'New Region' & target ground anywhere 2 times. Now there's a specified region. You can now lazily edit/remove/add regions as you please.

or

Disable the CustomGo as described on previous pages

thank you following these directions stopped my server from crashing, and has let me use customregions!! thanku!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
That fix isn't a real fix, a true fix would be to handle the crash bug properly. Which I believe is solved on one of these posts...

Teagan

Sorceror
I don't know how many others would be experiencing this, but when I get a region control area set up at a champion spawn to delete NPCcorpse, and set priority to 5000 (at 500, corpses don't delete) most of the area will clear corpses. But at the champion altar and around it, corpses remain on the ground.There are no region flags around it and no codes are being thrown. System doesn't crash either.
The test spawn was the Power (Rikktor) spawn in Felucca.

RUO 2.0 Final Repack
Custom Regions 4.0
UOML 6.0.10.0
Only custom map is Malas which is for Underworld)

Iraq-

Sorceror
It sounds to me like the Champion Region is taking priority when it is placed over your custom region. Make certain that the champ region is using the custom region as it's parent. (You may need to either remove the champ spawn and re-add it, or just change the spawn area and the champ region should update itself). I'm going to guess that you put the champ region down before the custom region, which is why the champ region isn't using your custom region as it's parent.

Teagan

Sorceror
Champion spawn regions were all there before I first started the RUO program.
I replaced the champion altar and custom region flag. Got the X and Y coordinates matched up, only difference is with the region flag, the Z coordinates go above and below the ground.
Still have the same thing.

Iraq-

Sorceror
if you do [where does it show you CustomRegion1 --> ChampSpawnRegion
or just 1 or the other?

Also, make sure your top z for the custom region is elevated ( maybe -1 to 22 ), else the player will successfully leave the region whenever his z increased using hills, stairs, teleporters, etc.

Teagan

Sorceror
Says Champ Spawn Region : Destard. I got rid of the region flag.
The top Z coordinate is 22 points higher than the highest part of the spawn (a few points above the [championspawn sign), and lowest is 10 points below the lowest area of the spawn.

Iraq-

Sorceror
What I think you need to do is put the custom region down first, then put the champ spawn after, so the champ spawn uses custom region as it's parent region instead of Destard...