RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Karmageddon's Custom Resource Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
hmm, great script, I really want it on my shard, but I have tried countless times to get it working, I just do not know how to install it

can someone give me a detailed explaination on exactly how to install this custom resource pack please.

I have tried going my karmageddon's install guide, doesnt work

thanks

regards

greywolf79

Sorceror
typhoonbot;731726 said:
hmm, great script, I really want it on my shard, but I have tried countless times to get it working, I just do not know how to install it

can someone give me a detailed explaination on exactly how to install this custom resource pack please.

I have tried going my karmageddon's install guide, doesnt work

thanks

regards

Depends. Are you using RunUO 1.0 or 2.0? SVN or RC? If you have 2.0 RC1 it should work and you are missing something in the process, if you have 1.0 or SVN then you are not able to use these without figuring out the mods yourself (no one has taken the time and then shared).

GreyWolf.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Installation:
Unzip everything into your Customs folder. All the scripts in the Modified folder will need to have the Distro file removed from your scripts folder. Suggested way is to make a folder in your main RunUO folder for them. You will also need to remove distro Log.cs and Board.cs. If you are installing this on a server that has been running, you will get an error on restart to delete furniture. This is normal since I have changed all furniture to derive from the Basefurniture class(Note BaseFurniture.cs is a custom file so it will not need to replace a Distro). If you want players to be able to aquire the new leathers you will need to script it into the monsters of your choice. All of the required code is in the BaseCreature.cs to make them carvable. If you need an example look at the code for any creature that is carvable to get hides.

I followed those instructions to the letter... I added the files (except the moded distro ones) into the custom folder and then replaced the distro files with the included ones (you do need to make sure that you replace all of them) and then I just loaded it up and it worked when I did it all.

GreyWolf.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
ok, so I unzip everything into my customs folder. find the original files of all karmageddons files in the modified folder. then remove them from my server, and replace them with karma's files from the modified folder

so I have them in the location of the original files on the server, and a copy of them in my customs folder ?

regards

greywolf79

Sorceror
No. You want to just have the ones from Karma replacing the old ones... Just 1 set of files (2+ will cause errors). You just want Karma's files as they are the ones needed.

GreyWolf.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Hmmm in the Modified folder of this script, there is another folder called "exeptionalfurniture" Now I am told to replace all the distro files with the files in modified. There is no folder called "exeptional furniture" in my server files ?

uhm, also my runUO 2.0 rc1 doesnt have a "resourceinfo.cs" what do I do there ?

Also I tried compiling without doing anything with resourceinfo.cs and get tons of errors, basically it says "server.items.craftresource does not contain a definition for "<everything new I placed in>"

lol :<

thanks

regards

greywolf79

Sorceror
I cannot remember for sure because it has been like 6 months since I installed this package... But I think it is that you need to just take the files from the folder and replace existing ones (there originally were not some of them and so there are older ones that need to be replaced with newer ones with different names)... But just re-read the first few posts and you will see what to do with those files, I had the same problem at first.

GreyWolf.

typhoonbot

Sorceror
Hehe ok, I have managed to install it...

But I am having some problems...can someone help me with the following:

Says you do not have enough skill to work with these materials...no matter what the players skill is

I want to change the names around...IE I want platinum for example to be a very strong ore, whereas atm it is not...

This is the order (from worst to best) I want:

moonstone
sunstone
bloodstone
silver
obsidian
jade
platinum
mythril

Then I do not want the original ores to exist anymore...IE all the original runUO ones still exist, like dull copper and can be crafted with.

and then lastly, with maxed mining, a player shud not be getting the message "you lossen some ground blah blah blah but do not find any ore." They get no ores ?

thanks

regards

artio

Wanderer
what up with page 1 of this thread? I have been trying to get there for a while now and it just.... wont... let me...
I sent the link to a friend, he cant get there either. I can backtrack to page two, then try to get to page one... nothing.
I hope that doesnt mean its getting deleted, i need to reinstall and the posted directions could come in handy since there isnt a *.txt included

thanks

Greystar

Wanderer
artio;742703 said:
what up with page 1 of this thread? I have been trying to get there for a while now and it just.... wont... let me...
I sent the link to a friend, he cant get there either. I can backtrack to page two, then try to get to page one... nothing.
I hope that doesnt mean its getting deleted, i need to reinstall and the posted directions could come in handy since there isnt a *.txt included

thanks

Don't know i've had problems with page 1 of this thread for ages... I am pos it's not deleted though.

artio

Wanderer
I know it was working on the 5th. That's when i downloaded it.

Well, I'll ask then and hope for not the response the last guy got lol.

Any lumber that isnt built into RC1 (heartwood, oak, those ones) is not showing names just something like Boards ~1_nothing~ and dont retain hue. Ive been going script blind trying to figure out where to fix it, and am totally lost. I see another person had the same issue with ingots. Those are fine for me.

Also, how do i make it so when crafting (IE Bowfletching) I dont have to use logs? If i try with boards, they are not recognized.

I am on RC2 fresh install

Thanks

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Sorry folks I have been in and out over the past few weeks. I am currently working on an update for RC2. These problems I will adress as I work on it.

artio

Wanderer
awesome thank you so much :) I'll quit trolling the support forums for fixes that don't do the job and just wait patiently for the updates :D

other than what i posted everything works fine. Kudos

Id rate this high, but that front page still inst working for me lol.. just a nice pure white space

Hammerhand

Knight
If you need to redownload it, just click on the "attach" to the right of the name. Thats the attached files themselves. Worked for me. :D

artio

Wanderer
thats what i did but i wanted to re-read the whole front post to be sure i didnt miss any directions.

but thanks for the idea :)

Greystar

Wanderer
artio;742734 said:
thats what i did but i wanted to re-read the whole front post to be sure i didnt miss any directions.

but thanks for the idea :)

This is more Directed at Karma, I'd suggest Creating a new post for all future updates/support for the RC2 version... I've had trouble accessing the First page of this thread for a long time myself, even though I know most of the instruction from the 1.0 version they may change a bit here and there and I'd like to know that information.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
I have talked to David and he suggested the same thing. Once I create a new thread he will transfer this thread into the new one so all will not be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.