RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Pandora's Box / BoxServer

endwolf

Sorceror
Sorry lost con

Here is the warning the server gives me

Warnings:
+ Core/BoxServer.cs:
CS0618: Line 41: 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterC
hannel(System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.IChannel)' is obsolete: 'Use System.Runt
ime.Remoting.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel chnl, bool ensureSecurity)
instead.'

i get the same warning

but it is working fine for me - i can log in and use the box server with no problem, and so has many of my gm's - only one had a problem and he was using windows xp firewall, so he is going to try it again tomorrow with out it running, otherwise - it just would not connect for him - no error or anything - just did not connect

Irian

Page
This is just a warning, it should not stop the Boxserver from working (it just means: You're using rather old methods, pal). I will correct it, when I find the time, the only problem with putting everything toegether is, that I'm not sure if I get the installers to work.

penndragon

Sorceror
Login from outside........

Quick question... I am running on a local machine and can login fine to the box server with 127.0.0.1 but the GM's canot login at all. The box comes up and says connecting (on their screen) and the purple bar just continues to run and it never connects. Do they also have to make the changes to their system (install .NET 2.0 and use the modified Pandora.exe) or could it be another problem. We have doublechecked the IP and port settings along with Name and Pass. We have also tried both SHA1 and normal.

Zziggy5000

Wanderer
Is that all?

Are all the files needed right in the zips to run pandoras box or is the rest elsewhere? If so anyone know where been poking around for it off and on and cant seem to find it. Help Pleas?

Havent read the entire thread but is there a way to get the map to display properly for ML? I cant see some of the areas that I should be able to.

the server ones go in the custom scripts directory

for the extended maps, etc, there is a thread in 3rd party support area of updates that have been made by others to see the extended maps and other features of ML

Lord_Greywolf said:
the server ones go in the custom scripts directory

for the extended maps, etc, there is a thread in 3rd party support area of updates that have been made by others to see the extended maps and other features of ML

Found what I needed thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

kazica

Sorceror
thank you I tired adding Pb and run Uo 2 but couldn't get them to coroparate but i'll give this one a try :)

Trinexx56

Wanderer
Midnightdragon said:
I believe .NET 2.0 will overwrite .NET 1.1 and I would not suggest tring to get around this by installing them into two seperate directories. This will lead to alot of problems.

.NET 2.0 isn't an actual upgrade to .NET 1.1, they're two different frameworks, both of which can exist simultaneously on your computer

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I followed the directions above, and i still get this when i try to connect to the box server....
Code:
31/08-02:34 System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the
 array.
   at TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZLib.Decompress(Byte[] data, Type type)
31/08-02:34 System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the
 array.
 array.

to my understanding, i have done everything as it should have been done so....im at a lost currently

VertiCody

Sorceror
Ok, I've installed, everything is fine... i just had one question...

Is there any perks with installing this? like somehting you can do that you couldn't with P-Box not connected?

was just wondering, I'm goign to leave it, but was just wondering...

Thank You.

Irian

Page
If you install it, you have some "nice" features, that are really usefull on a "live" server. Especially the feature to download the actual datafiles is nice, because it allows you to update the "Item" list in Pandora's Box so that it includes all your own items. Other features are also there.

VertiCody

Sorceror
oh, that's sweet... umm, is there a website or anyhting I can look at to see how to do this? or is it auto?

And I installed before I first posted it, heh

Irian

Page
No, sorry, Pyro... Nobody else seems to have the problem so I can only advise to try to do it again and check if you really followed all instructions.