RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Pandora's Box / BoxServer

I have re-installed this twice and cannot get it to work. followed the directions to the letter. but i think my problem is .net 2.0 - guess ill gave to get 1.1 and try it again.

VertiCody said:
oh, that's sweet... umm, is there a website or anyhting I can look at to see how to do this? or is it auto?

And I installed before I first posted it, heh

to my knoledge there is no longer a site for it, butit is simple to do:

in game - and admin has 3 commands to run dealing with the boxserver
genboxdate
genpropsdata
genspawn data

you need to run those in game - it then generates up the data that can be downloaded
WARNING the shard is at a standstill while these are generating the data and they do take a couple of minutes each - longer if you have a lot of info or slower computer

then in pandora - go into option, server and set yourself up in there
to set the 8035 for the port - put in 8034 then use the arrow to incrament it - else the number will not "stick"

username and password are your admin+ higher account logins stuff

and check boxes as needed

then once you are connected to the server (must be logged into the game also for it to log in)
go back to main page of pandora - tools tab
in there is a button datafiles - it should no longer be greyed out
click on it then the 3 other things that pop up on the menu

then you are set for items, props and NPC's
(does not do the deco - those have to be done by hand the hard way)

also now the other button on the tool tab should work also

if they are greyed out and the login button is not - try logging in again

Dvalin

Wanderer
I have such problem like endwolf
Code:
Account account = GetAccount( msg.Username );
if ( account == null )
{
// Account doesn't exist
return AuthenticationResult.WrongCredentials;
}
AuthenticationResult auth = AuthenticationResult.WrongCredentials;

System.Console.WriteLine(msg.Password); [URL="file://\\write"]\\write[/URL] right hash of the password
System.Console.WriteLine(account.Username);\\write right username!!!!
System.Console.WriteLine(account.NewCryptPassword);\\DOESNT wright anything!!!
why i cant get hash???

Irian

Page
HellRazor;588292 said:
Think you could release the updated Pandora's Box source?

Everything I changed in Pandora itself was the Serveroptions.cs - you'll find it attached to the stating post, so simply download the sourcecode from Pandora's Box, replace the file and recompile the whole thing... Bingo, new Pandora.exe. This won't collide with a changed MapViewer.dll, so you can have both without problems...

Irian

Page
Dvalin;638611 said:
I have such problem like endwolf
Code:
System.Console.WriteLine(account.NewCryptPassword);\\DOESNT wright anything!!!
why i cant get hash???

Hm, ok, I can see the problem. I removed a part of the starting post, because it was not longer needed for the actual SVN version - I forgot that many people still use RC1... I will update the starting post, check there and you'll find a fix for RC1 (and any SVN version < 67).

1. Pandora's Box used the following code to get the string that would be hashed:

Code:
string toHash = Username + Username.Length + Password;RunUO only uses...

Code:
string toHash = Username + Password;2. Pandora's Box hashed the thing twice, first the toHash string and then it hashed the Hash again. RunUO doesn't.

After changing that in the Pandora code - and fixing a little RunUO bug (see above) it was possible to bring the BoxServer to work.

i have been searching in the pandoras box server files for the keywords string toHash and i cant find this anywhere. where do i need to change the code at exactly?

Gaea

Sorceror
Same problem as others above...

I finally got this going for me, but my gm's still cant log in; Just hangs there on connecting.

I've tried it on another comp in my home, it has the updated files and all, but it just won't connect. Uh...what did you mean by "Is the box port open?"

I dodn't see that option anywhere.....

Kaon

Wanderer
No, sorry, Pyro... Nobody else seems to have the problem so I can only advise to try to do it again and check if you really followed all instructions.
I have the same problem :p

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZLib.Decompress(Byte[] data, Type type)

Followed the instruction, can't connect :(

Nott32

Wanderer
You can run have .net1.1 and 2.0. 2.0 is not backwards compatible and they run side by side with no overwrties.

manofwar

Sorceror
Same as above.......

I have the same problem

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZLib.Decompress(Byte[] data, Type type)

Can someone help? Am running SVN 159.

Asturbal

Wanderer
Very Thanks!!!

I really appreciated this topic! it help me a lot!i had some problems with accounting in my little home server, but now they are resolved.

Tx so much!

:)

frango9000

Wanderer
Hello, i have 2 machines both in vista 1 server and 1 client (of UO obviously), when i open this version of PB it starts to load but when it gets to loading apereances it closes, the PB dosnt open but the process is running, i checked in the sys tray in the taskbar etc and nothing apparently it dosnt load compleatly. any help ould be apreciated!

frango9000

Wanderer
has anyone tried this with vista?? the 2.0.0.5 works ok but after the boxserver info it dosnt say anything else (like not conected) just goes to bandora and says offline... and the 2.0.0.6 relleased here and the 2.0.0.7 released on other thread donst work, as i said befote it stops loadin in Loading appereances

Ánheledir

Wanderer
You have to delete the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\", after that it's working again.

You can find the problem in the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\log.txt

Propably it's a missing path to some map4-files; that was my issue. Just select them manually in Pandora -> Options -> Advanced -> "UO File Management" (a purple text-link).

Edit: The Foldernames are a little bit different under Vista - I can look them up when I get home again. At work I "only" have XP ;)

frango9000

Wanderer
Ánheledir;680475 said:
You have to delete the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\", after that it's working again.

You can find the problem in the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Pandora's Box 2\log.txt

Propably it's a missing path to some map4-files; that was my issue. Just select them manually in Pandora -> Options -> Advanced -> "UO File Management" (a purple text-link).

Edit: The Foldernames are a little bit different under Vista - I can look them up when I get home again. At work I "only" have XP ;)

thanks, it was
C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Pandora's Box 2

now it dosnt automatiocally close, i get errors on the map load window, and the log shows this:
Code:
Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 2.0.0.6

04/05/2007 11:47:58 a.m.
Windows version: 6.0.6000.0
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 2095936

[11:47:58] Starting
[11:47:58] Normal startup initiated
[11:47:58] Double instances check passed
[11:48:13] Profile NarF is generating the images for world map
[11:48:13] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: El búfer de caracteres de salida es demasiado pequeño para almacenar caracteres descodificados. Codificación de 'Unicode (UTF-8)' con recursos de reserva 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Nombre del parámetro: chars
   en System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
   en System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   en System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   en System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
   en System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
   en System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
   en TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.ExtractMap(Maps map, MapScale scale, String FileName)
   en TheBox.Options.Profile.GenerateMaps(ProgressBar bar)
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 0: map disabled in the profile
[11:48:15] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentException: El búfer de caracteres de salida es demasiado pequeño para almacenar caracteres descodificados. Codificación de 'Unicode (UTF-8)' con recursos de reserva 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
   en System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
   en System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
   en System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
   en TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.ExtractMap(Maps map, MapScale scale, String FileName)
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 1: map disabled in the profile
[11:48:15] **** ERROR ****
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 2: map disabled in the profile
[11:48:18] Images for map 3 generated correctly
[11:48:19] Images for map 4 generated correctly
[11:48:23] Profile NarF save succesfully