RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Pandora's Box / BoxServer

Rocko Wang

Wanderer
Setharnas;705120 said:
For all the victims of the "Output buffer too small" error, please go to this post, update your MapViewer.dll with the one I attached and please give feedback whether or not it helps.

Will give it a try tonight;
Do you mind explain how you fixed that in the code? Much appreciated.

Edit:
The error is gone. And found the fix in another of your post. Thanks. :)

R-T-B

Wanderer
Kaon;639135 said:
I have the same problem :p

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZLib.Decompress(Byte[] data, Type type)

Followed the instruction, can't connect :(

It seems I too have this error (I've been racking up a lot of errors tonight).

Anyone have any idea how to solve this latest hurdle? Where should I start looking? I've not the slightest clue where to start.

R-T-B

Wanderer
I threw all the zlibs in there... even the 64 one.

Also, I'm using your beta7 client (the one that came in the rar with all the other files) if that makes any difference, and using it with the boxserver.dll from this thread installed in my server (it loads on startup)...

But that's what I'm supposed to do, right?

EDIT: On a hunch, I put zlib32.dll into the windows system32 path to hope it would be found if that were the issue, but it didn't work. :(

Setharnas

Sorceror
Ah - in that .rar I posted, there is also a newer version of the boxserver.dll integrated, which is the one that uses the zlib32 dll. By using the older boxserver.dll from here, you now have a setup that uses zlib32.dll on PB side - and zlib.dll server side. Obviously, that won't work. ;) You need to use the boxserver.dll that comes with my package. (You can copy it from the PB folder to the server folder.)

On the other hand, I'm not 100% sure your 64b Vista will even work flawlessly with the 32b zlib32, which I did hardcode into my PB version... It should, though. Again, something I have no experience with, as I am using 32b WinXP and a 32b AMD Athlon XP CPU - simply no way to personally check that stuff here.

R-T-B

Wanderer
Thanks for all the help... I don't get that error anymore now, but now it's just not letting me authenticate. I have SHA1 authentication enabled, and it just doesn't log in, simply rejects me with no text in the console or anything. I'm near certain I have the user name and password right...

I hate to ask this again, but any idea where to start looking? lol

Really though man, thanks for all the help. I don't think I would've figured it out on my own.

EDIT: Is it possible that RunUO is using zlib64 on it's end in my 64-bit OS? Or am I thinking too hard?

Setharnas

Sorceror
RunUO should probably use zlib64, but the boxserver.dll is hardwired to use zlib32. It will not use zlib or zlib64 at all.

I have spent quite a bit of time today going through all the PB code that I think could have something to do with the authentication stuff, but there is nothing that strikes me as not-as-supposed-to-be (though I did find a few unrelated things to change, like adding support for map1.mul or even anim5.mul - it only went up to anim4 before). Granted, I in no way am a good programmer, only a dabbler in these things, picking up on stuff as I go.

All I can say is that the version I posted worked for me when I last spent time scripting, which was about 2 months ago - and my server is running SVN 187, not 26?...

I will keep on digging through the code, if for nothing else than to learn from it, but so far I really don't know where those authentication probs you and others have come across stem from.

R-T-B

Wanderer
I'll try it on a 32-bit Vista box later tonight, my laptop happens to be that. Maybe it will make a difference.

Either way, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

PS: Oh, and if authetication fails, should it generate a message in the console? As of now, I've got nothing showing up at all when I try to log in, no messages whatsoever.

Setharnas

Sorceror
Not on the console, but I do seem to remember PB opens a dialogue window when it fails to connect... Stupid question, but, you *are* sure it doesn't connect properly, aren't you? ;) (if it connects, the buttons on the PB server tab should un-grey)

R-T-B

Wanderer
It doesn't seem to open a dialogue even if I intentionally enter an incorrect password... So I think that must be a dead end, but I am looking into it now.

R-T-B

Wanderer
An update: It works perfectly on 32-bit Vista. It even gives the error dialog you described if I enter the wrong password. On 64-bit vista however, Pandora's Box won't authenticate at all and gives no such dialog.

So the probem is specific to Pandora's Box with 64-bit operating systems.

Setharnas

Sorceror
*Sigh* Sorry then, as explained above I won't be able to help making it work on Vista64. (And to think that I told myself, if ever I were to build a Vista machine, the only version I'd even consider was Vista Ultimate x64, too...)

Help please.

PB2 loads up but hangs when trying to create new profile

Pandora version 2.0.0.5

11/16/2007 12:41:36 PM
Windows version: 6.0.6000.0
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 2097151

[12:41:36] Starting
[12:41:36] Normal startup initiated
[12:41:36] Double instances check passed

The system being used is a vista 32 , with net framework 1.1 and 2.0

Hammerhand

Knight
Like most programs.. PB Beta5 wont work on Vista as far as I know. Look in the Utility Support/3rd party threads for the beta6 or 7 posts. One of those might work on Vista.

Hammerhand

Knight
Well... I got PB .7 running and it looks good... except that I cant log into the box server while on my test shard. I keep getting this.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2811 items, 651 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (1787 items, 40 mobiles) (3.72 seconds)
Reports: Stats: Loading...
UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0 is listening on port 2594
done
Reports: Staff: Loading...done
Pandora is listening on port 8035 - BoxServer version 0.3 << Shows its running
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: *********:2593
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for '*******'
Login: 127.0.0.1: Account '*******' at character list
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [2 Online]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected << Seems to be the problem, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online]

Win XP with CUOD and patch of 6.0.1.6. I can do the gendata and all that, but cant connect to the box server?

Setharnas

Sorceror
No, that's not the problem - or rather, a different one. Loggin into the boxserver does not write anything out on the console (I just tested to be sure). The only thing that tell you you're connected is your login button greying out and the other five buttons coming active.

Which boxserver are you using? The one from my posts ore the one from the top of this thread?