RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Player Government System Version 2

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hmm you guys dont think it could be some kind of localization language thing do you? Looking into iamjedi's version ksy79 posted the same problem, which leads me to believe that it may be something local to his machine then in the system.

A_Li_N

Knight
Don't think that's possible...server has no idea what the client is doing with the packets it sends...(what loc file they use, etc) so I don't see how it could cause a crash.

Avelyn

Sorceror
A_Li_N said:
Don't think that's possible...server has no idea what the client is doing with the packets it sends...(what loc file they use, etc) so I don't see how it could cause a crash.

Yeah, I see your point, I just dont see why it would crash on the String.Format method.

A_Li_N

Knight
I have a feeling that it's a freak instance of where they put the stone, since it is a formated sextant reading...but who knows. Kinda like daat99's OWLTR system bug that lasted for-ev-er. Anomolies happen. When you can't reproduce, what can ya do?

Avelyn

Sorceror
A_Li_N said:
I have a feeling that it's a freak instance of where they put the stone, since it is a formated sextant reading...but who knows. Kinda like daat99's OWLTR system bug that lasted for-ev-er. Anomolies happen. When you can't reproduce, what can ya do?

Eh, I'll have to agree with you Alien, I have placed a town everywhere from green acres to using my gm powers and forcing a place in ilshenar and the gump still works. <shrug> To my knowledge he is the only person to have had this problem.

I am hoping that someone can help me here, I placed my home and then the follwoing happened. The server would reboot, load and then reboot. nonstop.

here is the error report:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 7/27/2006 1:11:30 AM
Mobiles: 2857
Items: 117907
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.PlayerGovernmentSystem.CheckIfHouseInCity(Mobile from, Region region)
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.PitchMembers()
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.DoUpdate()
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.CityUpdateTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hanse the Insane said:
I am hoping that someone can help me here, I placed my home and then the follwoing happened. The server would reboot, load and then reboot. nonstop.

here is the error report:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Time: 7/27/2006 1:11:30 AM
Mobiles: 2857
Items: 117907
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.PlayerGovernmentSystem.CheckIfHouseInCity(Mobile from, Region region)
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.PitchMembers()
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.DoUpdate()
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.CityUpdateTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

Can you give me a little more info? Had you placed the town? Did you do it properly? Was the house there already? The only time this would crash is on update, did you wait the 24 hours or use the command to force an update? The way this looks, there wasn't a proper region to check so it crashed which is caused by improperly placing a city by a gm. Also a debug log would be appreciated. As for the shard constantly restarting, I don't see how that could happen because of the government system, maybe a bad save because of the crash??

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hanse the Insane said:
I guessed the same here, I did use a gm to make the city.

That's not necessarily a problem, just make sure that you do it the correct way and use the proper deed. Don't try to [add anything including the house (except the deed). Make sure if you place the town first you turn on housing before you place a house. Remember that a GM can override most rules. I did not change any of that becaus I needed the GM to be able to test things but you just have to be careful and do it like a player. If you still have a problem post a debug log and I will check into it asap! :) Good luck.

When somebody finished house customization inside the city region, server crash appearing:

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2394.17810
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1
Time: 29.07.2006 16:37:48
Mobiles: 89676
Items: 517554
Clients:
- Count: 13

Exception:
at Server.Items.BaseAddon.CouldFit(IPoint3D p, Map map, Mobile from, List`1& houses)
at Server.Items.BaseAddon.CouldFit(IPoint3D p, Map map)
at Server.Multis.BaseHouse.RestoreRelocatedEntities()
at Server.Multis.HouseFoundation.Designer_Close(NetState state, IEntity e, EncodedReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.EncodedCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()

Im using RunUO 2.0 SVN revision 66.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Prohor Meletevich said:
When somebody finished house customization inside the city region, server crash appearing:

Im using RunUO 2.0 SVN revision 66.

Is it reproducable every time? I can't make that happen at all. Was it a new house or one that was customized? Was the house there before the town and then converted? Was housing in the town enabled? I don't see how anything with the town could cause a crash at that point since the method doesn't deal with regions. Please give me this info and I will look into it.

Broadside

Wanderer
Will this work if i have Town Houses installed on my server as well or is it a choose one or the other sorta thing.??

Tru

Knight
Broadside said:
Will this work if i have Town Houses installed on my server as well or is it a choose one or the other sorta thing.??
Yes they work fine together.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Broadside said:

in fact, it would be a good money maker for the town....have the mayor build houses, and rent them out instead of allowing permanet placment....or have one's for rent and charge "x" amount for someone to permanetly place a house.

that's what i did on my 1.0 shard....took some minor editing for it to work if you wanted the new citizen to be able to actually join the town (the one who is renting a room/house i mean)

Tru

Knight
Im working up to adding XMLSeige points to all buildings so towns can truely be leveled in a war. Just gotta make sure it doesnt break something...

Tru said:
Im working up to adding XMLSeige points to all buildings so towns can truely be leveled in a war. Just gotta make sure it doesnt break something...
Please tell me you plan on publishing when you are finished? Gentlemen, I think we are entering into a new era of roleplay.

Tru

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
Please tell me you plan on publishing when you are finished? Gentlemen, I think we are entering into a new era of roleplay.
Actually all it would really be is adding the amount of xml seige damage you want to buildings (in scripts) my only real concern is what happens when a town updates and all of a sudden its missing a building (like the city hall). :eek:

Avelyn

Sorceror
Tru said:
Actually all it would really be is adding the amount of xml seige damage you want to buildings (in scripts) my only real concern is what happens when a town updates and all of a sudden its missing a building (like the city hall). :eek:

No problem, you just need to script it so when the building is destroyed it sets the bool for that type (on the stone).. bank etc to false as if the city never had it. You would need to call the Delete method on the building sign that is destroyed so that it will remove itself from the deco lists and the addon lists also. If it was the city hall that was destroyed you would need to call the Delete method on the stone so it removes the whole town properly. The only limitation of the current system would be the town hall building itself. It wouldnt be possible to destory that but leave the stone active under the current coding. Sounds like your whole idea could be basically a plugin to the exisiting system... sounds peachy.

Avelyn said:
Is it reproducable every time? I can't make that happen at all. Was it a new house or one that was customized? Was the house there before the town and then converted? Was housing in the town enabled? I don't see how anything with the town could cause a crash at that point since the method doesn't deal with regions. Please give me this info and I will look into it.

Yes, it reproduces every time. I don't understand, but I can't also make it happen on my local computer. This is a new house, player put foundation, starts customizing and constracting, after player trying to close house editor crash appears. I've not tested because I've deleted all towns to prevent crashes but I'm thinking this bug appears only for new houses. But I'm not sure.

I do have a question, when I went to place in malas, I was told no other cities could be built on this facet. Why is that, is it something I did?