RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Player Government System Version 2

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hanse the Insane said:
I do have a question, when I went to place in malas, I was told no other cities could be built on this facet. Why is that, is it something I did?

No you need to edit PlayerGovernmentSystem.cs and enable city placement in Malas. :) The part on max cities for Malas, change it to a number above 0.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Prohor Meletevich said:
Yes, it reproduces every time. I don't understand, but I can't also make it happen on my local computer. This is a new house, player put foundation, starts customizing and constracting, after player trying to close house editor crash appears. I've not tested because I've deleted all towns to prevent crashes but I'm thinking this bug appears only for new houses. But I'm not sure.

You can't make it happen on a local test shard? Does that mean that it crashes on your main one but not a blank one? The system works fine with custom houses, we have been using it for months with no problems on housing. Have you done any edits to the customization stuff or to BaseHouse? Do you have any system's that did do edits to them? Please run in debug mode and post a debug crash so I can see exactly where it's crashing. It does not seem to be in anything changed by the government system.

Avelyn said:
You can't make it happen on a local test shard? Does that mean that it crashes on your main one but not a blank one? The system works fine with custom houses, we have been using it for months with no problems on housing. Have you done any edits to the customization stuff or to BaseHouse? Do you have any system's that did do edits to them? Please run in debug mode and post a debug crash so I can see exactly where it's crashing. It does not seem to be in anything changed by the government system.

Im so sorry, this bug not from your perfect system :)
This is my fault. Sorry.

zetamine

Sorceror
i love this system and any further expansions and updates are appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks Avelyn, and IamJedi.

I too just had a crash when custom housing is placed. The city hall is there, and soon as we make a house, the server crash. here is my crash report:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 8/3/2006 8:03:34 PM
Mobiles: 3319
Items: 121959
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 24.117.196.138: (account = slashyoung) (mobile = 0xC10 'Zhang Bei')
+ 192.168.1.1: (account = admin) (mobile = 0x50C 'Hanse the Insane')

Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.MultiData' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Server.MultiData..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.MultiData.GetComponents(Int32 multiID)
at Server.Multis.HousePlacement.Check(Mobile from, Int32 multiID, Point3D center, ArrayList& toMove)
at Server.Items.HousePlacementEntry.OnPlacement(Mobile from, Point3D p)
at Server.Items.NewHousePlacementTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I did not use a gm or higher account to create the house, just a player account

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hey Avelyn, great job on the script!! Same thing happened to me with unrepeatable crashes. Life goes on. :)

Have you thought about a boolean feature to have housing placeable ONLY in cities? And condemning them if they aren't in one, etc? I've got it installed on mine and it adds a wonderful dynamic. All the sudden cities are everywhere and reaching every rank. :) But it's not written in as a boolean feature. I'm sure you'd be beeter at making that happen than I would. Keep up the good work!

- The Jedi -

after reading comments about basehouse, i did edit that for xmlseige, i am gonna try and undo that and see if that is the issue. Soon as any custom house is made, the system falls

I placed the old basehouse back, still same error. here is the log:

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 8/3/2006 9:24:00 PM
Mobiles: 3412
Items: 119543
Clients:
- Count: 1

Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.MultiData' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at Server.Multis.HousePlacement.Check(Mobile from, Int32 multiID, Point3D center, ArrayList& toMove)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I even went as far as to create a back up, fresh, no changes, nada. Added the system and soon as I placed a custom house, the same error happens. I am at a total lost here. When I ran the older version, no errors at all.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hanse the Insane said:
I placed the old basehouse back, still same error. here is the log:

Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 8/3/2006 9:24:00 PM
Mobiles: 3412
Items: 119543
Clients:
- Count: 1

Exception:

That's a completely different error than the other person was getting while placing a house. Your system is crashing when the house is trying to load the Multi.mul file in the client. It is showing as the client file being corrupted, incomplete, or not loading properly for some reason. Have you messed with custom client patches or edited the multi.mul or multi.idx files or created new houses? The error is occuring in HousePlacement.cs here:
Code:
// This holds data describing the internal structure of the house
			MultiComponentList mcl = MultiData.GetComponents( multiID );

It's having a problem loading the multi data from the client files. I don't see any way the government system could cause this.

Please try make sure you have house placement on the stone turned on, and that you are able to place the same custom house without crashing outside of the city. If it only happens in the town and the housing is actually turned on, please post a debug log.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of the client from OSI.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Hanse the Insane said:
I even went as far as to create a back up, fresh, no changes, nada. Added the system and soon as I placed a custom house, the same error happens. I am at a total lost here. When I ran the older version, no errors at all.

Older version as in for 1.0? The problem is not in Basehouse.cs.

The city system should not affect housing at all. All it does is make a region and either allow or disallow housing, the same as a town can. There are no housing edits.

Avelyn

Sorceror
iamjedi said:
Hey Avelyn, great job on the script!! Same thing happened to me with unrepeatable crashes. Life goes on. :)

Have you thought about a boolean feature to have housing placeable ONLY in cities? And condemning them if they aren't in one, etc? I've got it installed on mine and it adds a wonderful dynamic. All the sudden cities are everywhere and reaching every rank. :) But it's not written in as a boolean feature. I'm sure you'd be beeter at making that happen than I would. Keep up the good work!

- The Jedi -

Most of these crashes had nothing to do with the system, when people make this many edits to distro files sometimes things can happen.

It is a neat idea to do the bool that way, and it would be simple, but it would upset a great many people on my shard lol. I have players that are anti-city and attack people for just being in them :rolleyes:

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
question, where is the data stored that shows who is what mayor of what city?
The CityManagementStone stores who is Mayor and Asst Mayor

I have a question, made all the chnages and all runs well but when i try and add a second guy from my accoun to the city, the server will crash. I have tried using a second account, who is a citizen, to sponsor them. no issues, yet as soon as my main guy, the mayor okays the sponsor, bamm, i crash

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
I have a question, made all the chnages and all runs well but when i try and add a second guy from my accoun to the city, the server will crash. I have tried using a second account, who is a citizen, to sponsor them. no issues, yet as soon as my main guy, the mayor okays the sponsor, bamm, i crash
Is the Mayor your Admin? Does your 2nd player have a house ,as arent other players on the same account considered co owners (so not eligible to be a citizen).
Got a crash log?

the mayor is on a seperate account, just a player. All the guys from that account are players but have 1 house, so if I underdtand correct, they cany join? okay, now I understand that one