RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Player Government System Version 2

Avelyn

Sorceror
Twisted1851;666738 said:
Ok, so heres the problem....The gov system is giving me one error, and every time ive had it installed its given me warnings when it has an error, but when i took out the folder, it asks me if i want to remove a bunch of GOV things, such as some of the addons, and i tell it yes, then it lets me log in, and then it crashes, and automatically restarts, and asks me to reboot all the same stuff again....Here is the crash reports
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 3/24/2007 8:55:55 PM
Mobiles: 2360
Items: 75719
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = AAA) (mobile = 0x1 'Generic Player')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouseSign.PackUpItems()
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouseSign.ClearHouse()
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.OnDelete()
   at Server.Item.Delete()
   at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 4 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Custom/Player Gov System/Regions/PlayerCityRegion.cs:
    CS0105: Line 8: The using directive for 'Server.Spells' appeared previously
in this namespace
 + Custom/Player Gov System/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
    CS0108: Line 225: 'Server.Mobiles.CityPlayerVendor.Dismiss(Server.Mobile)' h
ides inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerVendor.Dismiss(Server.Mobile)'. Use
the new keyword if hiding was intended.
 + Custom/Town Houses v2.0/Items/TownHouse.cs:
    CS0114: Line 46: 'Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.BaseBanLocation' hides inherit
ed member 'Knives.TownHouses.VersionHouse.BaseBanLocation'. To make the current
member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the
 new keyword.
Errors:
 + Custom/Player Gov System/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
    CS0506: Line 199: 'Server.Mobiles.CityPlayerVendor.ChargePerDay.get': cannot
 override inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerVendor.ChargePerDay.get' becaus
e it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override
    CS0506: Line 207: 'Server.Mobiles.CityPlayerVendor.ChargePerRealWorldDay.get
': cannot override inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerVendor.ChargePerRealWo
rldDay.get' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

The crash is a problem with your townhouse system install. You need to check that and see what you may have modded wrong.

As for the 2 errors in the city system you did not make the proper edits to PlayerVendor.cs. Check the install docs and change the 2 methods accordingly.

slithers

Sorceror
Rev 162 svn clean install all optionals included

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2663.30372
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 4 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Regions/PlayerCityRegion.cs:
in this namespace
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Vendor/CityContractOfEmployment.cs:
    CS0642: Line 72: Possible mistaken empty statement
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/PlayerGovernmentSystem.cs:
    CS0162: Line 560: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
 + Custom/Modified/Scripts/Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0266: Line 1129: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generi
c.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gum
ps.Gump>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

first thing installed. release from first post

Avelyn

Sorceror
slithers;675255 said:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2663.30372
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 4 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Regions/PlayerCityRegion.cs:
in this namespace
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/Vendor/CityContractOfEmployment.cs:
    CS0642: Line 72: Possible mistaken empty statement
 + Custom/Player Government System 2[1].04/PlayerGovernmentSystem.cs:
    CS0162: Line 560: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
 + Custom/Modified/Scripts/Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0266: Line 1129: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generi
c.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gum
ps.Gump>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

first thing installed. release from first post

I have not and probably will not update the archive every time a new SVN comes out unless there is an incompatibility that requires a code change to the system. Therefore you MUST use a compare program and edit/merge the distro files, you cannot just replace the SVN files with the files in the archive. There are just too many SVN updates to make that feesable. The edits are listed in the Docs file or the easiest way is to use a script merging program.

Macil

Sorceror
Hrm. I seem to be having issues with one script in particular. Not quite sure what I did wrong. I am using Winmerge (Which I just discovered earlier today and am enjoying it a lot! Awesome program, heh), anywho, I followed the directions the best I could (I'll admit I am sure I messed up somewhere, else it'd be working, right?), but it keeps giving me this error after I'm all ready run the shard.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
Warnings:
 + !Custom Scripts/Regions/PlayerCityRegion.cs:
in this namespace
 + !Custom Scripts/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
Errors:
 + !Custom Scripts/Vendor/CityPlayerVendor.cs:
    CS0506: Line 207: 'Server.Mobiles.CityPlayerVendor.ChargePerRealWorldDay.get
': cannot override inherited member 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerVendor.ChargePerRealWo
rldDay.get' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override

Malaperth

Wanderer
You must either remove the ChargePerRealWorldDay member from the CityPlayerVendor script or mark the same member in the base script virtual.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Malaperth;679311 said:
You must either remove the ChargePerRealWorldDay member from the CityPlayerVendor script or mark the same member in the base script virtual.

Correct, that is part of the changes you were supposed to make. Please check the PlayerVendor.txt file in the docs folder.

P

PoolMan

vendors

how come the city vendors get kicked out of a players house? are the city vendors to be out side?

Macil

Sorceror
Grrr. I have people placing houses in my city (I have it enabled to let them) and the city wont recognize their houses or something because every time we have the mayor try to add them as a citizen it INSISTS they don't have a house within city limits. I had my players place a small 7x7 house plot DIRECTLY outside city hall (like 1 or 2 squares away) and it STILL says this!

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, EVERY time I place a city hall, 90% of the floor tiles inside it literally just disappear within the first hour of the hall being built. They just up and vanish. Is this part of something to do with maintenance or something? How can I change this?

Anywho, I love this script but I seriously need some guidance here. My players and myself would GREATLY appreciate it!

Tru

Knight
Macil;680684 said:
Grrr. I have people placing houses in my city (I have it enabled to let them) and the city wont recognize their houses or something because every time we have the mayor try to add them as a citizen it INSISTS they don't have a house within city limits. I had my players place a small 7x7 house plot DIRECTLY outside city hall (like 1 or 2 squares away) and it STILL says this!

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, EVERY time I place a city hall, 90% of the floor tiles inside it literally just disappear within the first hour of the hall being built. They just up and vanish. Is this part of something to do with maintenance or something? How can I change this?

Anywho, I love this script but I seriously need some guidance here. My players and myself would GREATLY appreciate it!

I have never heard of or experienced this did you modify your files or replace them (the distro edits)? what SVN are you using?

Nothing on the town updates before the first 24 hours (I believe) so nothing should be disappearing in the first few hours.

Macil

Sorceror
About all I recall modifying in the past that I would assume might mess with this system is turning off house decay and enabling multiple houses per account.

After playing around with this some more this morning after posting I discovered that if a player owns a house ANYWHERE other than inside the city BEFORE placing a house INSIDE the city, the city wont recognize it. As long as the very first house they place is within city limits, the city recognizes the house fine, and it allows them to become a member. But if they place one house outside of the city and the second inside the city (in that order), it wont allow them to become a member.

I still haven't figured out the tiles thing, I took a screen shot...

Avelyn

Sorceror
Let me double check, but I think the published system doesn't like the same char owning multiple houses. It can accomodate multiple houses owned by different chars on the same account but not so much by a single char. The new system will handle this much better and honestly I have been working on that so long I forgot how the older one works. I can tell you that if the account has multiple houses on it owned by different chars ONLY the chars who own houses in the town or do not own houses at all can be joined. This is intended as it would be poor role playing to allow a char who does not own his house in the town to join. Hopefully the new version will be done testing soon. Damn work keeps getting in the way. Why do we need real life anyway??

As for your buildings, that is completely new to me. Are you running any custom multi patches or serialization methods? Have you noticed that the tiles disappear right after a world save?

Macil

Sorceror
Avelyn;680755 said:
As for your buildings, that is completely new to me. Are you running any custom multi patches or serialization methods? Have you noticed that the tiles disappear right after a world save?

Thats a good question. I'll do some testing this week. And by the way, what is the average maintenance cost for a city for a 24 hour period? Mine wanted like 30k a day after placing it immediately. Is this right? It seems a bit high, the city fell on the second check. Sighs.

danknight21

Wanderer
Removing the system safely.

so i used the system, it was decent, but now id like to remove it. How would i safely go about this to prevent loss of players characters. Thank You

Tru

Knight
Tasanar;691039 said:
so i used the system, it was decent, but now id like to remove it. How would i safely go about this to prevent loss of players characters. Thank You

Shut your server down remove the serialization for this system (from the playermobile). Restart, do a save, shut down then remove the deserialization for this system you should also be able to remove the rest at this point. Then fire your server back up

Hmm I'm on my laptop (not sure if there are other disto files affected)...any distro files that were edited can be reverted this way.

Tru

Knight
Tasanar;691068 said:
hm ok. Its only the playermobile im worried about...i will try hehe so how i do :)

Tru;691043 said:
Shut your server down remove the serialization for this system (from the playermobile). Restart, do a save, shut down then remove the deserialization for this system you should also be able to remove the rest at this point. Then fire your server back up.

I already told you.

3ly1n

Wanderer
I can't insured, create guild neither create houses, Is it as if it(he,she) was not recognizing the money of the bank, which it(he,she) might do?:confused:

madron

Wanderer
I have installed the system without any issues, until aa player goes to buy a house. Now perhaps I am confused. I use townhouse script, I know others do as well on a custom map of Malas. When said player clicks the townhouse script, the shard crashes, report below. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.832
Time: 9/19/2007 8:08:37 PM
Mobiles: 672
Items: 17813
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Server.Multis.BaseHouse.HasHouse(Mobile m)
at Server.Multis.BaseHouse.HasAccountHouse(Mobile m)
at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouseSign.OnDoubleClick(Mobile m)
at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
at Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.XmlAttach.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 2

I love this system, but I want players to use the housing already within the city limits. I have expanded the cities limits without issue. I even turned housing on and off, both times it crashed just double clicking the townhouse sign to buy.

thanks for yur help.