RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Raid Dungeons 1.6a Final

iamjedi

Wanderer
jaapie said:
ok i think it works :D the only thing is it doesnt spawn any monsters, i dont use 3rd party tools to spawn monsters on my map or something :confused:

sorry for all those questions.. i'm quite new to runuo scripting

Just like any normal situation, you must place spawners and their properties in the dungeon. All that the Group Dungeon System does is REspawn the spawners and set their respawn times to the global amount.

So place a few spawners, any kind you like, and build the dungeon first. Then simply build the stone and region to make it work the way the system is designed. Good luck.

LordHogFred

Knight
Is it possible to use current regions for this?
I quite fancy making all the Trammel dungeons into instances, can I do it by just defining the region or do I need to just add the dungeon area manually?
Should I just replace all the Trammel dungeons in the regions.xml with the region of GroupDungeonRegion instead of DungeonRegion>

Cheers :),

iamjedi

Wanderer
LordHogFred said:
Is it possible to use current regions for this?
I quite fancy making all the Trammel dungeons into instances, can I do it by just defining the region or do I need to just add the dungeon area manually?
Should I just replace all the Trammel dungeons in the regions.xml with the region of GroupDungeonRegion instead of DungeonRegion>

Cheers :),

My suggestion would be to place a stone in the "center" of the dungeon and get the size to encompass the entire thing. It is all loaded dynamically after the server loads, and the functions rest in the stone itself. Should be simple, again, just place the stone. :)

Sorry if this was in the code somewhere, but did you add something that would restrict a player from going in the dungeon a few times in a row, like add a time limit that restricted them from entering the dungeon more then once every 24 hours.

LordHogFred

Knight
iamjedi said:
My suggestion would be to place a stone in the "center" of the dungeon and get the size to encompass the entire thing. It is all loaded dynamically after the server loads, and the functions rest in the stone itself. Should be simple, again, just place the stone. :)

Ok cool, cheers.
I'll try a combo of the two methods see how it turns out :D
Excellent system btw :p

iamjedi

Wanderer
Curuis said:
any change of this working with 1,0 ?

The system was never written on 1.0, however you can try to install it and see how it works. There shouldn't be too many errors, most of them would be syntax related. Let me know.

Curuis

Wanderer
iamjedi said:
The system was never written on 1.0, however you can try to install it and see how it works. There shouldn't be too many errors, most of them would be syntax related. Let me know.

Hey, I´m very interested on using the system in my shard,,,

REALLY want it !! I asked my players and they loved the idea ! Dungeon should not be a place to worrie about other players killing you...

But I´m not using 2.0 yet.. I have too many players and cannot let them know of the bugs.. so, when 2.0 final is out I will use it...

I got a lot of errors:

Take a look:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 20532
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (13 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\NOVOS\Group Dungeons 1[1].6 Final\Group Dungeons 1.6 Final\Gro
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 88, column 21) Invalid token '<' in class, str
uct, or interface member declaration
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 88, column 41) Invalid token '>' in class, str
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 88, column 60) Invalid token ';' in class, str
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 100, column 20) Invalid token '<' in class, st
ruct, or interface member declaration
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 100, column 40) Invalid token '>' in class, st
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 101, column 9) Invalid token '{' in class, str
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 102, column 17) Invalid token '{' in class, st
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1519: (line 102, column 43) Invalid token ';' in class, st
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS0116: (line 103, column 13) A namespace does not directly
contain members such as fields or methods
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1518: (line 106, column 16) Expected class, delegate, enum
, interface, or struct
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1518: (line 119, column 16) Expected class, delegate, enum
, interface, or struct
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1518: (line 168, column 32) Expected class, delegate, enum
, interface, or struct
upDungeonRegion.cs: CS1022: (line 179, column 9) Type or namespace definition, o
r end-of-file expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Can u plz help me ?

Hmm. Great system. One thing i noticed tho is that my test shard would crash when the variable m_BlessCorpses was set to true. This would only happen like halfway through the dungeon. Really weird error. I can provide a crash log if you would like.

Other than that really nice script.

Jager

..:Edit:..
Also, on a closer trial, Whenever 2 people tried to hunt in the same dungeon that was set up using this system. Everything was fine as long as the party leader went around and killed the monsters, but like half a min after the party members started to move around from the entrance point the server would start using 100% processing power and it would eat up RAM. For instance, normally my test server uses about 140MB ram, but once this instance would begin it would shoot up to over 1.5 GB of ram used and more. I shut it down at this point to prevent an operating system error. Unfortunately the server never crashed so I am not able to provide a crash report.

Any clue as to why this happens?

Jager

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hienrich Jager said:
Hmm. Great system. One thing i noticed tho is that my test shard would crash when the variable m_BlessCorpses was set to true. This would only happen like halfway through the dungeon. Really weird error. I can provide a crash log if you would like.

Other than that really nice script.

Jager

..:Edit:..
Also, on a closer trial, Whenever 2 people tried to hunt in the same dungeon that was set up using this system. Everything was fine as long as the party leader went around and killed the monsters, but like half a min after the party members started to move around from the entrance point the server would start using 100% processing power and it would eat up RAM. For instance, normally my test server uses about 140MB ram, but once this instance would begin it would shoot up to over 1.5 GB of ram used and more. I shut it down at this point to prevent an operating system error. Unfortunately the server never crashed so I am not able to provide a crash report.

Any clue as to why this happens?

Jager
Sorry I've been absent so long... I don't know if I can get to the script in short time, but it sounds like the error would be in the AFK timer. I tend to remember thinking the processes may be called to many times, so check there. If I get a spot of time I'll check it out, but if someine interested has more time and cand find something there, feel free. Try disabling the AFK routines, ie: commenting them out and try to re-invoke the leak. :) Regards.

Hazey

Wanderer
What is the issue here?
Code:
Errors:
 + Customized/Customs/Systems/Group Dungeons 1.6 Final/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'PlayerMovementEntry'
    CS0101: Line 34: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'AFKTimer'
    CS0101: Line 70: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'GroupDungeonRegion'

// Edit: I just looked through post and found that another guy had this same issue, I also read your reply. I've never downloaded any of your versions untill now. I JUST found this script and a great one at that.. Now I seen that he also solved his problem but I don't get where he found the error.. Anybody care to explain?

- Thanks

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hazey;632785 said:
What is the issue here?
Code:
Errors:
 + Customized/Customs/Systems/Group Dungeons 1.6 Final/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0101: Line 19: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'PlayerMovementEntry'
    CS0101: Line 34: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'AFKTimer'
    CS0101: Line 70: The namespace 'Server.Regions' already contains a definitio
n for 'GroupDungeonRegion'

// Edit: I just looked through post and found that another guy had this same issue, I also read your reply. I've never downloaded any of your versions untill now. I JUST found this script and a great one at that.. Now I seen that he also solved his problem but I don't get where he found the error.. Anybody care to explain?

- Thanks

Looks to be duplicate files. REPLACE the GroupDungeonRegion.cs in the main package with the updated one. You must have two copies. Again, sorry I haven't had time to put more into this. It needs to be repackaged with the update and the AFK routines removed/rewritten for the memory leak. If anyone can manage to re-write that one feel free, because I doubt I will have time. However I will soon repackage it and quote out the AFK. Sorry for the wait.

Hazey

Wanderer
Thanks for constant updates, and no. I know 100% that I do not have duplicate files.. It is my first and only install of your script and I manually placed them into the folder. Ill install your update and see how it goes.

- thanks

Hazey

Wanderer
I should have checked before I opened my mouth, there was doubles. :eek:

Alright well thank you for this great script!

Hazey

Wanderer
I haven't fully tested it but sense its a WoW based system im guessing. What if you made every creature under the raid system inside dungeons [Elite] giving them a more powerful status such as the paragons and how they work.. Just a suggestion =p

- Later

kaball

Wanderer
man , started reading since the first version of you script ! and i was oh my god ! muahahaha, every line, another muahaha , this is so cool ! ahah

this is, realy, by far one of the best concept adaptation. this is very nicely done and well replicated ! so much time you put into this thing , its impossible to find a loophole ! great script jedi ! +karma for you .

Asmir3

Sorceror
I added this system today and got this ever
Code:
Errors:
 + Customs/New/Engines/Group Dungeons 1.7 Final/Group Dungeons 1.7 Final/GroupDu
ngeonRegion.cs:
    CS0508: Line 348: 'Server.Regions.GroupDungeonRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'
: return type must be 'void' to match overridden member 'Server.Region.OnDeath(S
erver.Mobile)'

Other then that keep up the good work!!

iamjedi

Wanderer
Well let me investigate some.. I don't know how it would have gotten this far without that error - are you running any other packages, maybe with distro modifications? But in your case simply change the word 'bool' to 'void' before OnDeath() in GroupDungeonRegion.cs. That should fix you up. I'll see what the story is and if I can re-release it.