RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Raid Dungeons 1.6a Final

Asmir3

Sorceror
I mangade to fix it thxs for the help.
iamjedi;657747 said:
Well let me investigate some.. I don't know how it would have gotten this far without that error - are you running any other packages, maybe with distro modifications? But in your case simply change the word 'bool' to 'void' before OnDeath() in GroupDungeonRegion.cs. That should fix you up. I'll see what the story is and if I can re-release it.

kaball

Wanderer
i started using ur system but im trying to set the system to only xmlspawner ... but gives me error of sintaxe

kaball

Wanderer
I uncommented as u said ! but ... somehow the line is not right

Errors:
+ costums/Group Dungeons 1.7 Final/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
CS1519: Line 167: Invalid token 'for' in class, struct, or interface mem
declaration
CS1003: Line 167: Syntax error, '>' expected
CS1519: Line 167: Invalid token ';' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1519: Line 167: Invalid token '++' in class, struct, or interface memb
eclaration
CS1519: Line 168: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS0270: Line 168: Array size cannot be specified in a variable declarati
try initializing with a 'new' expression)
CS1519: Line 168: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1520: Line 168: Class, struct, or interface method must have a return

CS1519: Line 171: Invalid token 'if' in class, struct, or interface memb
eclaration
CS1519: Line 171: Invalid token '!=' in class, struct, or interface memb
eclaration
CS1519: Line 172: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1519: Line 173: Invalid token '!=' in class, struct, or interface memb
eclaration
CS1519: Line 175: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1519: Line 176: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1519: Line 177: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface membe
claration
CS1518: Line 181: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 231: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1022: Line 234: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected

This is a pretty hot system. Question, only one person (or group thereof) can be in each dungeon at a time? I ask because the system is ingenious but if it affects the PvP/pk on my shard like that then I dont know if I could implement.

I really like the idea though it's pretty hot.

++karma

iamjedi

Wanderer
Aaron Sithsong [GOD];671103 said:
This is a pretty hot system. Question, only one person (or group thereof) can be in each dungeon at a time? I ask because the system is ingenious but if it affects the PvP/pk on my shard like that then I dont know if I could implement.

I really like the idea though it's pretty hot.

++karma
Yes, only one group can be in a dungeon at once, even if it is a one person group. This was done mostly for pk/camping/etc reasons. The concept was to have one place where other players or situations as such wouldn't affect the play of the dungeon, allowing a guild or group of friends to work on completing it and gathering the loots without interruption. So yes, it is currently a pure PvE system, but I feel it could be placed in PvP servers for a nice change of pace. You vs. the dungeon, as opposed to you vs. everything else. Currently there is no flag to turn this function on or off, so it would take a bit of re-writing to change it.

Ahh ok i get it I thought once it was implemented that that was it. Since you could just do one or two dugeons though it seems a good idea. hurm

iamjedi

Wanderer
Aaron Sithsong [GOD];671587 said:
Ahh ok i get it I thought once it was implemented that that was it. Since you could just do one or two dugeons though it seems a good idea. hurm
Let me know how things work out. I'm still interested in how other servers find ways to use this. :)

MoreBeer

Sorceror
hey jedi- i really like this system- infact im gona try to build most of the dungons around it- wana say thanks for posting it here-

i dont got the keys figured out yet tho.. and how to hook them to the doors.. not sure if your suppose to add the item to creater? or the spawner?

also- 2 things got me lil frustraited

1. the size - its not very customal and anything thing with 3 digit numbers.. crash the server like 100 :eek:

2. im kinda starting to knowtice that you cant really link the dungons.. or can you? by seting a new groupdungon tele? just to new location?

anyways.. thanks again.. :)

iamjedi

Wanderer
MoreBeer;686273 said:
hey jedi- i really like this system- infact im gona try to build most of the dungons around it- wana say thanks for posting it here-

i dont got the keys figured out yet tho.. and how to hook them to the doors.. not sure if your suppose to add the item to creater? or the spawner?

also- 2 things got me lil frustraited

1. the size - its not very customal and anything thing with 3 digit numbers.. crash the server like 100 :eek:

2. im kinda starting to knowtice that you cant really link the dungons.. or can you? by seting a new groupdungon tele? just to new location?

anyways.. thanks again.. :)

all you have to do to "enter" a new dungeon is do so via the dungeon teleporter, so yes, feel free to add a new tele to do so. Also, there are some memory holes. THat is something I realized early on, but I'm not the coder to be able to write it stronger. The keys simply have to have have their KeyValue property set to any number you want, and the door it opens have the same property value. I hope this answers your questions, and I'm glad you are enjoying it. Let me know how things work out there.

MoreBeer

Sorceror
Some Problems

well i switched maps - to a custom one i have- after the switch this system will not work correctly now-

when a player enters.. it does not spawn the correct range.. and stacks on the spawner.. im kinda stumped- i switched maps cuse i wanted to use this system on the dungons..

any clues? worked fine before.. doesent now.. only change was regions is blank.. well for most part.. and is not the orignal regions and the map..

thanks MoreBeer

LordHogFred

Knight
I'm getting some problems with the GroupDungeonRegion.cs on start up. I htink the OnDeath method was changed in one of the latest SVNs so it is a void now instead of a bool. However I changed it from bool to void and it gave me this error:
Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Engines/Group Dungeons/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0127: Line 396: Since 'Server.Regions.GroupDungeonRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression

This is the code that is giving the error, the line in quesiton is in red:
Code:
        public override void OnDeath(Mobile m)
        {
            // Check to see if the dungeon has been cleared, then kick callback.
            if (m is BaseCreature)
            {
                int count = 0;
                foreach (Mobile m2 in m_Stone.GetMobilesInRange(m_Stone.Size))
                {
                    if (m2 is BaseCreature && m2 != m) // count living creatures
                        count++;
                }

if (count <= 0) // All dead
                {
                    // find all players and invoke kick.
                    {
                        if (m2.Player) // call dungeon finish
                            Timer.DelayCall(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5), new TimerStateCallback(DungeonCleared), new object[] { m2, m_Stone });
                    }
                }
            }

// Check to see if the party has been cleared, then kick callback.
            else if (m is PlayerMobile)
            {
                int count = 0;
                {
                    if (m2 is PlayerMobile && m2.Alive && m2 != m && (m2.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player)) // count living non-staff players
                        count++;
                }

if (count <= 0)
                {
                    {
                        if (m2 is PlayerMobile && m2.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player)
                            Timer.DelayCall(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5), new TimerStateCallback(GroupWipe), new object[] { m2, m_Stone });
                    }
                }
            }

[COLOR="Red"][B]return this.OnDeath(m);[/B][/COLOR]
        }

iamjedi

Wanderer
LordHogFred;693578 said:
I'm getting some problems with the GroupDungeonRegion.cs on start up. I htink the OnDeath method was changed in one of the latest SVNs so it is a void now instead of a bool. However I changed it from bool to void and it gave me this error:
Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Engines/Group Dungeons/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0127: Line 396: Since 'Server.Regions.GroupDungeonRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression

This is the code that is giving the error, the line in quesiton is in red:
Code:
        public override void OnDeath(Mobile m)
        {
            if (m is BaseCreature)
            {
                int count = 0;
                {
                    if (m2 is BaseCreature && m2 != m) // count living creatures
                        count++;
                }

if (count <= 0) // All dead
                {
                    {
                        if (m2.Player) // call dungeon finish
                            Timer.DelayCall(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5), new TimerStateCallback(DungeonCleared), new object[] { m2, m_Stone });
                    }
                }
            }

// Check to see if the party has been cleared, then kick callback.
            else if (m is PlayerMobile)
            {
                int count = 0;
                {
                    if (m2 is PlayerMobile && m2.Alive && m2 != m && (m2.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player)) // count living non-staff players
                        count++;
                }

if (count <= 0)
                {
                    {
                        if (m2 is PlayerMobile && m2.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player)
                            Timer.DelayCall(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5), new TimerStateCallback(GroupWipe), new object[] { m2, m_Stone });
                    }
                }
            }

[COLOR="Red"][B]return this.OnDeath(m);[/B][/COLOR]
        }

You should be fine bu just removing the return line at the end: return this.OnDeath(m);
Hope that handles it!

Spiritus25

Sorceror
i tested it and i dont know what it is i can get in alone without a party (player status) and if i die i can walk in as a ghost whats up??

iamjedi

Wanderer
Spiritus25;694102 said:
i tested it and i dont know what it is i can get in alone without a party (player status) and if i die i can walk in as a ghost whats up??

You have in that case entered the dungeon as a solo party. No one else in that place could enter said dungeon, unless they are in your group. It is the design of the system, you can chose to solo a dungeon if you like.

Error on restart

iamjedi;657747 said:
Well let me investigate some.. I don't know how it would have gotten this far without that error - are you running any other packages, maybe with distro modifications? But in your case simply change the word 'bool' to 'void' before OnDeath() in GroupDungeonRegion.cs. That should fix you up. I'll see what the story is and if I can re-release it.

When I first installed the script I got an error mentioned in a previous post.

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Misc/Group Dungeons 1.7 Final/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0508: Line 348: 'Server.Regions.GroupDungeonRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'
: return type must be 'void' to match overridden member 'Server.Region.OnDeath(S
erver.Mobile)'

So I changed it to:

Code:
public override [B]void[/B] OnDeath(Mobile m)
        {
            if (m is BaseCreature)

When I did that I restarted and got:

Code:
Errors:
 + Custom/Misc/Group Dungeons 1.7 Final/GroupDungeonRegion.cs:
    CS0127: Line 393: Since 'Server.Regions.GroupDungeonRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mo
bile)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expressi
on

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Dreadfull

Sorceror
Everything compiles fine for me. My only issue is that when a player dies the 30second counter does not count down it just keeps counting the same. Then the player never gets their corpse back and looses everything nomatter what the situation.

Vorspire

Knight
This would be cool if multiple parties could enter the same dungeon in different instances too :D

Infact, this sytem is really cool anyway :D ?I just don't like the fact that only one party can enter at a time due to map limitations.

I'm working on a script that can generate maps "on-the-fly", os maybe it could be of some use towards this system :)

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
Vorspire;800441 said:
I'm working on a script that can generate maps "on-the-fly", os maybe it could be of some use towards this system :)

I thought about this too. It definitely is possible and since handling of different maps is already there only few things have to be changed. It might just be a bit complicated. Try to avoid the server sending map switching packets (when the target and source maps are actually the same facet from the client's point of view) as the players won't like their backpacks to be closed when entering a dungeon ;-)

It would also be great to have a look at your script when you're finished.