RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Time System

Morxeton

Sorceror
Cheetah2003;667376 said:
Check the ingame date too. The smaller file sets it to around Sept. 100, while the larger one resets it back to Jan 1st 100
So basically you don't get a load error? All of a sudden your time/date is reset back to defaults?

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Morxeton;667382 said:
So basically you don't get a load error? All of a sudden your time/date is reset back to defaults?

Ummm.... yeah. I'm really sorry, I thought it was giving an error too, but it's not. When the larger file is produced and reloaded, the date/time is reset back to Jan 3rd, 100. (why Jan 3rd, I have no clue.)

Asmir3

Sorceror
Oh yea this happenes to me too.
Cheetah2003;667395 said:
Ummm.... yeah. I'm really sorry, I thought it was giving an error too, but it's not. When the larger file is produced and reloaded, the date/time is reset back to Jan 3rd, 100. (why Jan 3rd, I have no clue.)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Cheetah2003;667395 said:

If you can explain to me exactly what you do to reproduce this, it would be very helpful. Like try forcing a manual save using [TS SAVE, and forcing a manual world save, etc... Explain in detail as much as you can as to what you did to reproduce.

I can't seem to reproduce the bug. However, I do know that the file has become larger because I added new default EMO and EEMO's, in which do not exist in the saved file prior to the growth, and after this bug occurs it seems to set everything to defaults (not sure why Jan 3rd though) and then saves the file. Because of the extra EMO and EEMO data, that is why the file is larger.

That still doesn't explain what is causing it to reset to default without any errors displayed in the console. The Load() method is designed to output an error upon the load attempt and then resets to defaults if the load had failed. Since you aren't getting an error, it doesn't explain how it's being reset.

One more thing, is all of your time system data reset while the server is still up after a save, or is it after you restarted your server and the file was reloaded?

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Morxeton;667653 said:
If you can explain to me exactly what you do to reproduce this, it would be very helpful. Like try forcing a manual save using [TS SAVE, and forcing a manual world save, etc... Explain in detail as much as you can as to what you did to reproduce.
I've never used the [ts save command. I've yet to establish any pattern to when it saves incorrectly and when it saves correctly. I'll try to figure it out.

Morxeton;667653 said:
One more thing, is all of your time system data reset while the server is still up after a save, or is it after you restarted your server and the file was reloaded?
It's after a reload.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Very interesting... about how often does this occur? In the Save() method, if the save fails, it doesn't reset to defaults. The only way to reset to defaults is to either manually force it by using [TS SET DEFAULTS or by the Load() routine failing to read the data file correctly and then setting to defaults. Of course if the Load() method is the culprit that is setting it to defaults, it would also display a message in the console that it failed to load the data file.

Do me a favor, if you have logging enabled, please send me your Time System.log located in the same directory as the data file. That would be helpful to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for assisting with this bug.:)

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Morxeton;668007 said:
Very interesting... about how often does this occur? In the Save() method, if the save fails, it doesn't reset to defaults. The only way to reset to defaults is to either manually force it by using [TS SET DEFAULTS or by the Load() routine failing to read the data file correctly and then setting to defaults. Of course if the Load() method is the culprit that is setting it to defaults, it would also display a message in the console that it failed to load the data file.

Do me a favor, if you have logging enabled, please send me your Time System.log located in the same directory as the data file. That would be helpful to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for assisting with this bug.:)

Um. I have logging turned off. :confused: I'll turn it on and when it happens again, I'll send you the log. Oddly enough, it hasn't happened in a couple days now.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Cheetah2003;668010 said:
Um. I have logging turned off. :confused: I'll turn it on and when it happens again, I'll send you the log. Oddly enough, it hasn't happened in a couple days now.

Doh! Ok sounds good.

I can't for the life of me reproduce the bug... It has to be from the Load() method, but I don't know why there's no error output to the console. There's nothing else that would reset to defaults other than a manual reset...:eek:

Makaar

Sorceror
Edit: Ok, I can't override any of the darkness when darkest hour is enabled...even when its in the middle of the day. I turn on "ts set usenightsightoverride and ts set usenightsightdarkesthouroverride" and it still won't let me use nightsight when its dark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, what does EMO stand for?

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i have all the file's custom installed....and i noticed that the baseAI.cs and Creature.cs isn't updated in the installer doc.

have the changes for this on 2.0.6??

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
I think I finally figured out (at least what I'm doing) what causes my "Time System.dat" file to become corrupted.

My server core is highly customized with a GUI, and it seems when I initiate a shutdown & save from my GUI, the time system doesn't save properly. I think it may have something to do with the delay you've implemented between server save and your data save.

I'm going to try removing that and see if it helps. I used the same idea for Onsite Dueling, and that system loses it's data too. So it has to be this.

Log after reload:
Code:
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: Version 2.0.5 loading...
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: Logging is enabled.
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: Calculated managed lights list and found 1127 lights.
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: "Time System.dat" not found!  Creating a new file using the current settings.
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: Saving complete.
4/9/2007 4:12:22 PM$ Time System: It is 12:00 AM on the 1st of January, 100. The moon is new.

I think the file size weirdness I was seeing is a result of there being no file when I start up and it makes one instantly.

Someone else might experience it if they're using Console Commands and do a save/shutdown, too. Unsure.

Save & Shutdown from server Admin menu might cause it too, that I'm not sure of either. Depends on how fast it terminates the application after the save. In general, I think this delay idea is not a very good one.

UPDATE: Sure enough, since removing the delay on the Save, for both this, and Onsite Dueling, neither has had a single problem since.

Alari

Wanderer
Two questions:

One, I would like to configure two moons, in the style of the older Ultimas. Felucca would changes phases 3 times for every 1 phase change of Trammel, with both of them starting at "new". What would be the best way to do this?

Would something like this work?

Code:
Data.MoonsArray.Add(new MoonPropsObject("Trammel", 9));
Data.MoonsArray.Add(new MoonPropsObject("Felucca", 3));

Two, the recent updates mention changes to BaseCreature and BaseAI, but the docs included with the zip don't cover those changes.

Thank you. =)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Alari;674401 said:
...the recent updates mention changes to BaseCreature and BaseAI, but the docs included with the zip don't cover those changes.

Thank you. =)

i mentioned this a few posts back and am still waiting on this too :eek:

Repsteve

Sorceror
Code:
Errors:
 + Misc/LightCycle.cs:
    CS0234: Line 44: The type or namespace name 'Register' does not exist in the
 namespace 'Server.Commands' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Well I did everything the install.doc told me to and got that error. Don't know how to fix it. Just need a little help please =)

Asturbal

Wanderer
hi, i have some problems.....

Well, I downloaded you system, unpack on the scripts file and when I compiled, the RunUO show 05 Errors:

+ Engines/moonEngine.cs
. ' CS0246: Line 70: the type name 'MoonPhase' could not be found.
+ Objects/DatePropsObject.cs
. ' CS0246: Line 10: the type name 'Season' could not be found.
. ' CS0246: Line 19: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 28: 'Server.TimeSystem.DatePropsObject.Season' is a 'property' but is used like a 'type'.

+Objects/effectsMapObject.cs:
. ' CS0246: Line 40: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 85: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 215: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 262: the type name'Season' could not be found

+ Objects/EffectsObject.cs:
. ' CS0246: Line 13: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 14: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 23: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 24: the type name'Season' could not be found

+ Objects/mobileObject.cs:
. ' CS0246: Line 27: the type name'Season' could not be found
. ' CS0246: Line 45: the type name'Season' could not be found

I unpack too the 'Time system with season change', I think that this code is compatible with your code (like a expansion).

Well, please, if there is some way to remove or to fix this system on my server, please, reply!! because I dont wanna lose it!

Tx for Help!
:eek:

Setharnas

Sorceror
Repsteve;678495 said:
Code:
Errors:
 + Misc/LightCycle.cs:
    CS0234: Line 44: The type or namespace name 'Register' does not exist in the
 namespace 'Server.Commands' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Well I did everything the install.doc told me to and got that error. Don't know how to fix it. Just need a little help please =)
I don't know if this problem is still up, but for anyone who wonders, the line in question should NOT be
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Server.Commands.Register[/COLOR]( "GlobalLight", AccessLevel.GameMaster, new CommandEventHandler( Light_OnCommand ) );
but instead
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]CommandSystem.Register[/COLOR]( "GlobalLight", AccessLevel.GameMaster, new CommandEventHandler( Light_OnCommand ) );

The Server.Commands.Register is just an oversight from converting the script (and its docs) from RunUO 1.0 to 2.0.

Setharnas

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech;674426 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alari View Post
...the recent updates mention changes to BaseCreature and BaseAI, but the docs included with the zip don't cover those changes.

i mentioned this a few posts back and am still waiting on this too
:eek:
Been a while, but as this is still unanswered... It's possible to deduce these from the SelfInstaller.cs in the package. I quite like the idea of that script, btw. :D

Change in BaseAI.cs is to add "AI_NonRedMage" to the AIType enum at the top of the script.

Changes to BaseCreature.cs are
- Addition of "NonRed // Only attack non-red mobiles" to the FightMode enum (+ two comment lines to mark the edit)
- Addition of a new case to the switch block in "public void ChangeAIType"
Code:
				// Begin Time System Edit
				case AIType.AI_NonRedMage:
					m_AI = new NonRedMageAI(this);
					break;
				// End Time System Edit
That's it. Remember to have a comma at the end of the second last entry in the enums :p