RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's CRL Homestead System

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Vhaerun's CRL Homestead System

Vhaerun's Close to Real Life Homestead Package - Version 1.0

Author: Vhaerun
Co-Authors: Alari, Crystal, Dracana, Korbas

Release Date: 26 July, 2006

Check the second post in this thread for modifications and updates of the 1.0 release!

This is a large expansion of Alari's food script for RunUO 1.0 that was updated for RunUO 2.0 RC1 by myself. The CRL Homestead Package is actually four systems that work together. The details of each of these four systems are listed below. Most of these packages are based off of older scripts, either for RunUO 1.0 or 2.0. The CRL package is scripted to run in RunUO 2.0 RC1. The system has been tested rather extensively by myself and my co-admin, and it compiles correctly. Author support will be given to the base scripts here, but not for altered scripts included in this system.

The CRL Homestead package was designed to give players that like to harvest and cook food a larger selection, as well as moving the cooking skill a step closer to what it is like in real life. The brewing and juicing systems work off the cooking skill instead of the inscription skill, though it's easily modified if desired. Modification of any of these systems is not recommended due to the fact that they are designed to work in tandem.

Just a fair amount of warning here. This makes cooking extremely more difficult. Grandmaster cooks can make just about anything in this system, but those with low cooking skill are going to have a heck of a time getting the more detailed types of foods (which, again, is closer to real life, and part of the point of this system).

Vhaerun's CRL Brewing System:
A variation of Dracana's Winecrafting system, with a little addition from Aventae's BrewEngine, the CRL Brewing System is a comprehensive brewing system for brewing mead, ale, and hard apple cider. Each type uses Brewer's Tools to make kegs of each type, and a Brewery Label Tool is included to work with this system, just as in Dracana's Winecrafting. There are different types of bottles for each type of brewing (mead/ale/cider), and each have a special type of exceptional label. Mead and ale have "Black Label". Cider has "Reserve Dark". There are also four different types of hops for the ale and mead. These include bitter, snow, elven, and sweet. This system, as it is, requires the CRL Crop System, though DefBrewing can be altered to remove the ingredient BagOfSugar or change it. I think that is the only crossover with this system.

Vhaerun's CRL Juicing System:
Another variation off of Dracana's Winecrafting, this is for making juices from 23 different fruits that are included in the CRL Crop System listed below. The Juicing System works in the same way the Brewing System does, however it doesn't take seven days for the juice to ferment. It is set for a fermentation length of 1 second, to make the system more realistic. This system, as it is, also requires the CRL Crop System, as many of the juices available draw upon the extended amounts of fruits in the crop system.

Vhaerun's CRL Crop System
A modified and expanded version of Alari's crop scripts in her food system, the CRL Crop System has been tested extensively and works as it is. This system is a stand-alone system, able to be installed without the other systems, though alterations to distro files might be necessary. What this system does is allow players to plant, grow, and harvest over 70 different crops ranging from almonds to wheat. There are two types of base crops in this system, which include BaseCrop and BaseTree, both originally scripted by Alari (I believe). Included with this system is Korbas's Wild Crop package, which includes 13 types of crops capable of being spawned by a regular spawner.

New millable crops in this package include: cocoa, coffee, cornmeal, oats, ricemeal, soy, and sugar. Most all the new crops/foods are used in the CRL Cooking System, so this is required if you want to use that system. Some of the plantable crops come from Alari's expansive system, though most are brand new. Alari's mushroom garden is also included with this package. Please note that the included modified distro script TasteID.cs will be required for the mushroom garden.

Vhaerun's CRL Cooking System

This is the largest system, and the reason I was somewhat cajoled into doing this entire package. Included in this package are:

-=- Base Cooking System: Modified from Alari's CookableFood system, it allows certain foods to be cooked over an open fire or other heat source. This does have Alari's extended cakemix types and uncooked pizzas that take just about any topping you could ever think of.

-=- New Cooking Types: There are now four distinct types of cooking that include Cooking, Baking, Boiling, and Grilling. Cooking is more of a preperation type, putting ingredients together. Baking, Boiling, and Grilling are the more "cooking" types of cooking, each requiring it's own tool which is more closely tied into what it actually does. For example, you need a frying pan to do any grilling. Each of them are, of course, based on the cooking skill to give those that enjoy using the skill as much challenge and difference as a blacksmith, tailor, or tinker.

-=- New Foods and Recipes: I don't know how many there are. There are a lot. I'm thinking there are about fifty new types of food that have been placed in the four different cooking types. These include such things as new pizzas, sauces, vegetables, desserts, breads, pies, and a host of others.

-=- Dinner Foods and Plates: Modified from Alari's Container Food system, there are now about two dozen "dinners" that require plates to put together. Eating the food from the plate will make the plate "dirty", and require washing.

-=- Alari's Community Beehive: Slightly modified to run with distro files, it's a good way to get jars of honey, which are required in many of the recipies. All credit goes to Alari. I only modified the system to run under 2.0.

-=- Crystal's Cheese System: Unmodified from the original, save to make it compile in RunUO 2.0 RC1, this system is included to make the system more "close to real life", which is most of the point of this entire system. It works well, is a wonderful system, and is why it is included here. I did no modifications to this, so credit goes to Crystal.

-=- New Animal Meat: In the distro modifications folder, there are some animals that were used in Alari's Food system which work excellently. These are slightly modified from the original modified scripts Alari did, and include a new animal, turkey.

-=- Hunger Gump: Unmodified from Alari's Food scripts, this adds the commands [hunger and [thirst to bring up a gump to show players their hunger and thirst stats.

I've also cleaned up much of Alari's scripts, including removing the burnt food system, the bugged chickens, and many other obsolete scripts that were not being used or didn't fit with this system. However, I did not remove Alari's (or anyone else's) name from the original scripts if they were done by someone else. I didn't add any kind of headings to any of these files because, frankly, there's just too damn many to do.

These four systems are designed to work together. You're free to install any or all of them, though they do seem to work better with all of them there for obvious reasons. If you have Alari's Food 1.0.0 system, you'll have to remove it to install these. I am including Alari's Modified Readme file with these scripts along with a readme of the following instructions:

Instructions:

-- Rename/remove the following distro scripts:
- everything in Scripts\Items\Food except for: BeverageEmpty.cs, Asian.cs, and Bowls.cs
- CreateFood.cs
- DefCooking.cs
- FoodDecay.cs
- TasteID.cs
- Boar.cs
- Chicken.cs
- Pig.cs
- Sheep.cs
- Cow.cs
- Bull.cs

-- Unzip the CRL package system and drop into your Customs folder. Restart your shard.

Updates planned:
- Coffee brewing that will remove points of BAC from a player.
- Alcohol brewing including vodka, rum, whiskey, etc.
- More food and recipes.
- Vhaerun's CRL Flower Planting System
- Extensive Asian/SE foods and recipes.

My thanks to Alari, Dracana, Korbas, and Crystal who provided the base scripts off which this system was designed. If it wasn't for them, I'd have had a hell of a time doing all this myself. ;) If you have anything you'd like to see in the CRL Homestead system, let me know and I will see what I can do about including it. Enjoy.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Be aware that changing from Alari's system to this one may require deletion of some food or object items. Some of Alari's food items are not included in this system (like the SE foods), so some modification may be necessary. There shouldn't be too much trouble in putting this in a distro shard, though.

Oh, also forgot to mention. I included vendors for the brewing, juicing, and cooking. I added an older version of Alari's gardener for the crop system, but it doesn't sell anywhere near the amount of seeds actually available. I will be doing a custom master gardener in a future update.

EDIT #6 - Something I should have mentioned earlier... the crop and cooking system can be installed without the brewing and juicing scripts if you don't want those. All the distro modifications pertain (I believe) to the CRL Cooking system.

Attachments

• Vhaerun's CRL Homestead.zip
    491 KB · Views: 2,115

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Updates

27 June 2006 Update
-- Other distro modifications that I had forgotten in the original release.
-- Included ChocolateBar.cs for cooking scripts.

Replace these files with the included zip distro modifications:
FarmableWheat.cs
FillableContainer.cs
SBFarmer.cs
SBMiller.cs

There are only a few lines of real change in these, but figured I should include them to make the system more complete. Sorry about forgetting them.

Modify:
BaseCreature.cs (about like 1770): change this:
Code:
		private static Type[] m_GrainsAndHay = new Type[]
			{
				typeof( BreadLoaf ), typeof( FrenchBread ), typeof( SheafOfHay )
			};

to this:
Code:
		private static Type[] m_GrainsAndHay = new Type[]
			{
				typeof( BreadLoaf ), typeof( FrenchBread ), typeof( Hay )
			};
CraftItem.cs (about line 329): change this:
Code:
				new Type[]{ typeof( Pumpkin ), typeof( SmallPumpkin ) },

to this:
Code:
				new Type[]{ typeof( Pumpkin ), typeof( Pumpkin ) },

27 June 2006 Update #2
In the included DefCooking.cs script, comment out lines 115 and 174 if you are not using Dracana's Winecrafting system or other winemaking system.

That should resolve any current errors you are getting with these files. More updates and fixes will come as are needed.

Attachments

• More Distro Mods.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 694
  • ChocolateBar.cs
    754 bytes · Views: 621

Draegen

Sorceror
well i grabed this im going to try it out looks really neat im glad some one has opened the door to more stuff with the cooking cause right now cooking is so plan.

slithers

Sorceror
is it me or is something missing

did i mess up the installation or is somethings missing

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2395.25560
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (8 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Engines/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs:
    CS0246: Line 1744: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + Custom/CLR Homestead/Vhaerun's CRL Cooking/DefBaking.cs:
    CS0246: Line 144: The type or namespace name 'ChocolateBar' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 214: The type or namespace name 'ChocolateBar' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 220: The type or namespace name 'ChocolateBar' could not be fou
 + Engines/Craft/Core/CraftItem.cs:
    CS0246: Line 329: The type or namespace name 'SmallPumpkin' could not be fou
 + Engines/Craft/DefCooking.cs:
    CS0246: Line 115: The type or namespace name 'BottleOfWine' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 174: The type or namespace name 'BottleOfWine' could not be fou
 + Items/Containers/FillableContainers.cs:
    CS0246: Line 851: The type or namespace name 'SlabOfBacon' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 973: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be found
 (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1111: The type or namespace name 'CheeseSlice' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1119: The type or namespace name 'OpenCoconut' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1125: The type or namespace name 'Lemons' could not be found (a
re you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1127: The type or namespace name 'Limes' could not be found (ar
e you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1130: The type or namespace name 'SlabOfBacon' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1143: The type or namespace name 'SmallWatermelon' could not be
 found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1148: The type or namespace name 'SmallPumpkin' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1156: The type or namespace name 'EarOfCorn' could not be found
    CS0246: Line 1217: The type or namespace name 'CheeseSlice' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1230: The type or namespace name 'OpenCoconut' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1236: The type or namespace name 'Lemons' could not be found (a
re you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1238: The type or namespace name 'Limes' could not be found (ar
e you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1241: The type or namespace name 'SlabOfBacon' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 1256: The type or namespace name 'SmallWatermelon' could not be
 found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1261: The type or namespace name 'SmallPumpkin' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 1269: The type or namespace name 'EarOfCorn' could not be found
 + Items/Farming/FarmableWheat.cs:
    CS0246: Line 16: The type or namespace name 'WheatSheaf' could not be found
 + Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBFarmer.cs:
    CS0246: Line 44: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be found
    CS0246: Line 72: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be found
 + Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBMiller.cs:
    CS0246: Line 24: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be found
    CS0246: Line 33: The type or namespace name 'SheafOfHay' could not be found
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

koluch

Sorceror
Missing Items

*Bottle of Wine
*Empty Wine Bottle
*Pith - what is a pith??? hehe

I made the other 2, so not a biggie, but if you have them to post that would be great so I have it as you wanted.

Well done and will be running though the whole thing tomorrow to give it a good checkout :]

koluch

** after your all done and set, I have a plum tree that is nice to add to the group( good for Tokuno areas ) if you are interested.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Ah, forgot to comment that part out. The pith is actually a part of the Advanced Cartography system.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71778

You can comment out that without any problems. I didn't realize I put that in with the def scripts.

As for the plum tree, if you mean the plum blossom one, I thought about doing that and the original cherry tree was the cherry blossom tree, but as I was trying to get this as close to real as possible, I switched the cherry tree to a more realistic one that actually has cherries. Same with the plums. Plum trees are going to be part of the next version.

The wine bottle, as said earlier, is part of Dracana's Winecrafting scripts. You can either comment out those or, as you did, add the items in. Or you could get Dracana's system. It's kickass, really, and was the basis for the brewing and juicing systems.

slithers

Sorceror
Vhaerun said:
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the errors. I'm checking the scripts now to see what I goofed on.

no sweat bro was easily fixed but i mentioned it so you could make your package more new user friendly. it is an outstanding system and i have been playing with it for quite a while now.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
slithers said:
no sweat bro was easily fixed but i mentioned it so you could make your package more new user friendly. it is an outstanding system and i have been playing with it for quite a while now.

Cool. If you have any other probs, just post them and I'll get to them ASAP. I'm working on some updates at the moment, including expanding the Brewing system to include distilling. Any thoughts on what I should make distillable with the base script?

slithers

Sorceror
well im working on integrating pacola32(?) fishing system into this and as i add the fish in i notice that the fish.cs isn't modified per your download and instructions. so i am wondering how does one get from fish to rawscaled fish?
is there another mod or am i missing something in all these scripts i've read

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Actually, I was going to include some fishing scripts as well in the next release (which should be coming out this next week), but if you wanted to utilize the fish parts in the Homestead system (scaled fish, heads, etc), you could do something like this:

Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Targeting;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class Fish : Item, ICarvable
	{
		public void Carve( Mobile from, Item item )
		{
			base.ScissorHelper( from, new RawScaledFish(), 1 );
                                      base.ScissorHelper( from, new RawFishHeads(), 1 );
		}

[Constructable]
		public Fish() : this( 1 )
		{
		}

[Constructable]
		public Fish( int amount ) : base( Utility.Random( 0x09CC, 4 ) )
		{
			Stackable = true;
			Weight = 1.0;
			Amount = amount;
		}

public Fish( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

Firebrand

Wanderer
Im real new at all this scripting and GMing stuff so please bare with me.

I followed your instructions and the script is now working, but how do i implement it? Is there a command or is it already in game and i dont know it?

bacaw

Sorceror
very nice system man but i wanna point out one thing :)
Vhaerun said:
Updates planned:
- Coffee brewing that will remove points of BAC from a player.
just wanted to let ya know that its been proven that drinkning coffee to sober up just gives you a wide awake drunk :) the only thing to sober someone up is time. ( i wish it worked like that though ) *gets plastered and pounds some coffee*

Undertaker71

Wanderer
Error Message

I put this in and edited the files and downloaded the additional distros and get the following errors:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Items/Food/CookableFood.cs:
CS0101: Line 8: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition f
or 'CookableFood'
CS0102: Line 102: The type 'Server.Items.CookableFood' already contains a de
finition for 'InternalTarget'
CS0102: Line 133: The type 'Server.Items.CookableFood.InternalTarget' alread
y contains a definition for 'InternalTimer'
CS0101: Line 175: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RawRibs'
CS0101: Line 216: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RawLambLeg'
CS0101: Line 258: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RawChickenLeg'
CS0101: Line 293: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RawBird'
CS0101: Line 334: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedPeachCobbler'
CS0101: Line 368: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedFruitPie'
CS0101: Line 403: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedMeatPie'
CS0101: Line 438: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedPumpkinPie'
CS0101: Line 473: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedApplePie'
CS0101: Line 509: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UncookedCheesePizza'
CS0101: Line 550: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UncookedSausagePizza'
CS0101: Line 626: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'UnbakedQuiche'
CS0101: Line 661: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Eggs'
CS0101: Line 709: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'BrightlyColoredEggs'
CS0101: Line 748: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'EasterEggs'
CS0101: Line 784: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'CookieMix'
CS0101: Line 817: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'CakeMix'
CS0101: Line 851: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RawFishSteak'
+ Custom/Vhaerun's CRL Homestead/Vhaerun's CRL Cooking/Base Cooking/CookableFoo
d.cs:
CS0262: Line 102: Partial declarations of 'Server.Items.CookableFood.Interna
lTarget' have conflicting accessibility modifiers
+ Items/Food/Fruits.cs:
CS0101: Line 6: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition f
or 'FruitBasket'
CS0101: Line 45: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Banana'
CS0101: Line 78: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Bananas'
CS0101: Line 110: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'SplitCoconut'
CS0101: Line 142: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Lemon'
CS0101: Line 206: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Lime'
CS0101: Line 270: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Coconut'
CS0101: Line 334: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Dates'
CS0101: Line 366: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Grapes'
CS0101: Line 398: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Peach'
CS0101: Line 430: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Pear'
CS0101: Line 462: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Apple'
CS0101: Line 494: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Watermelon'
CS0101: Line 568: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Squash'
CS0101: Line 601: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Cantaloupe'
+ Items/Food/Vegetables.cs:
CS0101: Line 7: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition f
or 'Carrot'
CS0101: Line 40: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Cabbage'
CS0101: Line 73: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Onion'
CS0101: Line 106: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Lettuce'
CS0101: Line 139: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Pumpkin'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Instructions:

-- Rename/remove the following distro scripts:
- everything in Scripts\Items\Food except for: BeverageEmpty.cs, Asian.cs, and Bowls.cs
- CreateFood.cs
- DefCooking.cs
- FoodDecay.cs
- TasteID.cs
- Boar.cs
- Chicken.cs
- Pig.cs
- Sheep.cs
- Cow.cs
- Bull.cs

Make sure you do the first step in the directions. Go into your Scripts/Items/Food folder and remove/rename everything except BeverageEmpty.cs, Asian.cs, and Bowls.cs.