RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's CRL Homestead System

coyan

Sorceror
After reading through the thread I thought I would have no problem setting it up.. But, Like Kalyn above, after reading everything, and following it all through to the letter, I get the same exact thing in his/her first post. I didnt think it was nessary to post it again since its already up there...

Anyway, I think this has great promise, but something is just not right.

I have a fresh server with only Nerun's Distro v5[1].0.5 and only and nothing else set up as of yet. I lerned along time ago, go slow, one thing at a time.

anyway, any ideas?

XenoNeo

Sorceror
I too tried to use this but then with the custom foods conflicting with Veg scripts and such and such. Removing them just caused more and more problems...

Johabius

Knight
Any chance of adding the melting pot and candle crafting to the community Beehive package of this great system?

Johabius

Knight
Those of you having problems with the installation, please reinstall it and read the directions carefully. You are leaving parts of the package out that are needed for it to work. That is why you are getting the "can't be found" errors.

coyan

Sorceror
Well, I thought i had read all instructions carefully, But as I re-read everything I noticed a coupla additional downloads, and instructions. I had thought that was included as an update to the original download.... maybe it should?

Anyway, after reading it all again, I got it up and running... As i just restarted the server for the first time with the new scripts, and got it all the way up, I now have to see how to implement it... and now can have some play time...

anyway, sorry for jumping to early, and not reading it all like I thought I had.

Thanks to the author, this looks so deep it may take awile to find all the goodies....

:)

koluch

Sorceror
Minor Bug

The OnCarve method has no return it the corpse was already carved once, so players can carve over and over placing more and more of the food stuffs on the corpse.

I made a quick adjustment to the boar.cs Ill post here. If it suits your server, you will want to add this to the other distro creatures included in this package.

*Just do a WinMerge and you can see the area I added and the old one I commented out:)
* be sure to change the items dropped to the ones on the particular animal
* made it a 1 in 2 chance of getting these cooking items also, like a little challenge given to our players, hehe

Koluch :]

Attachments

• Boar.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 158

coyan

Sorceror
I also have been digging into the vendors needed to get the items, And I see there are like a ton of items missing in the crops part. the gardener is missing like alot of seeds... heh...

Anyway, I also set some spawns of the wild crops, they spawned all right, but are not growing... If i just place them with the add command, then they grow, but not when spawned from a premiumspawner, Yes, I use Nerun's Distro v5[1].0.5 . I was able to add in the new Mobiles just fine, But the plants will not grow... any ideas on how to make that work??

Thanks in advance...
Coy

Johabius

Knight
coyan said:
I also have been digging into the vendors needed to get the items, And I see there are like a ton of items missing in the crops part. the gardener is missing like alot of seeds... heh...

Anyway, I also set some spawns of the wild crops, they spawned all right, but are not growing... If i just place them with the add command, then they grow, but not when spawned from a premiumspawner, Yes, I use Nerun's Distro v5[1].0.5 . I was able to add in the new Mobiles just fine, But the plants will not grow... any ideas on how to make that work??

Thanks in advance...
Coy
The plants need to be planted by using a seed first.

coyan

Sorceror
Ya, the premium spawner system also will not spawn unless a player is in the area either. I guess i need to set it up a little diffrently.

the wild crops when spawned will grow ok when a player is in the area. but the spawn will only happen when the player is within 60 tiles or so I think. so when there is no player there, it de-spawns the plants, thus when the player gets there, all the plants are new, and takes awile to actually grow.

hmm...

may have to figure out a diffrent spawn system. as if a gm plants the seed, and somone comes along and picks it, if its not on a spawner its gone. so having gm's just running around planting would kinda suck.

neway, I like this system enough to work on it a little more.. :) heh, thanks again...
coy

Johabius

Knight
coyan said:
may have to figure out a diffrent spawn system.

You could always set the Smart PRS on individual premium spawners to 0 instead of 1. Place the spawner, do [props on it, find the PRS entry in the props and change it to 0, then add your spawner entry and off you go.

coyan

Sorceror
thanks Johabius, I didnt know that....

What I did was just do an [add spawner, instead of [add premiumspawner. thats working fine now...

Next question, I got me the mobiles spawned also so that I can now buy the tools for the cooking, brewing, etc.. etc.. But I now see that there is a host of items needed that there are no seeds for sale to grow, and no items like the taco shells, and pasta noodles, and im sure a few other items. Do I need to make a grocer or something like that to add those items? or am I missing something?

or maybe I need to add them to loot drops or something?

thanks again for all the help...
coy

Johabius

Knight
You could add them to loot drops, or it's pretty easy to add them to the existing vendors. Here's an example of code where I added peanut seeds to my gardener NPC. This is from SBGardener:

Code:
public InternalBuyInfo() 
{ 
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "1060834", typeof( Engines.Plants.PlantBowl ), 2, 20, 0x15FD, 0 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Cotton Seed", typeof( CottonSeed ), 250, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Flax Seed", typeof( FlaxSeed ), 250, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Wheat Seed", typeof( WheatSeed ), 150, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Planting Corn", typeof( CornSeed ), 150, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Carrot Seed", typeof( CarrotSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Onion Seed", typeof( OnionSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Garlic Seed", typeof( GarlicSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Lettuce Seed", typeof( LettuceSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Cabbage Seed", typeof( CabbageSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Peanut Seed", typeof( PeanutSeed ), 50, 20, 0xF27, 0x5E2 ) );
}
The numbers at the end of the line refer to (in this order) price, amount, ItemID, Hue

coyan

Sorceror
Very cool, after looking into the other SBvendor files, I figured a way to make a coupla new ones.... Im actually having fun making this work... heh....

Im making a Dairy Farmer for the Milk -n- Cheese part, And im thinking about breaking up some of the seeds into diffrent vendors like Fruits, Veggies, and the like... dunno tho, lets see how well I do with one at a time for now.... heh

thanks a ton for all the help,
I will try to share some of what im doing when im done.. :)

coy

coyan

Sorceror
Just found a little bug....
If you plan on growing CocoaNut you will need to add ICarvable to it, otherwise you cannot carve them into CocoaBean to be milled into cocoa powder.

coy

P

PoolMan

coyan said:
Just found a little bug....
If you plan on growing CocoaNut you will need to add ICarvable to it, otherwise you cannot carve them into CocoaBean to be milled into cocoa powder.

coy
Can you post the fix ?

Johabius

Knight
PoolMan said:
Can you post the fix ?
I'm going to do some further testing, because I think according to the script, that you use a scissors to cut the cocoa nut to get to the cocoa bean. Hang on tight. This package is turning into quite a nice learning tool for me :) I'll post the change needed as soon as I make sure that I did it correctly ;)
*Edit*
Okay it worked the way I thought it would. I took a look at the MilkItems.cs (specifically the cheeses portion) to see where to add ICarvable.
The line you need to change in the CocoaNut.cs is line 6
It used to look like this
Code:
public class CocoaNut : Item
Just add a comma after Item and add ICarvable so it looks like this
Code:
public class CocoaNut : Item, ICarvable

P

PoolMan

There are a few trees missing seeds, (Banana, Coconut, Date, Pineapple)
So I replaced the ones with no seeds to have seeds.

Plus I added Lemon and Lime tree seeds sence there was no way to get lemon or limes.

I threw in Plum and Cherry tree seeds that look like the SE ones , incase anyone wanted them. They are random 5 styles of each tree.

Install:
Just replace the ones you already have.

Attachments

• MissingSeeds.rar
    24.2 KB · Views: 201

coyan

Sorceror
sweeet, thanks for posting the fix to that last post of mine, i was away from the computer for a coupla days and did not get to dig deeper into things...

I made a Grocer vendor for items I thought where missing from the cooking system, then i relized im an idiot, it was all in the plain cooking file. using a skillet from the tinkering menu you can make everything i thought was forgotten about... but the master cook gets you the toold to make all the more intense items... im lovin this script...

FOr the trees without seeds, I just used my owner account to place a few trees here and there... but i like the seed idea you did pool, thanks..

coy