RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Xanthos Auction System

3ly1n

Wanderer
Code:
The Cliloc.enu file could not be accessed. Please read installation instructions for proper installation

This mistake persists, a solution please.
I looked for all the methods but there is no luck.

Flats

Page
3ly1n;697998 said:
Code:
The Cliloc.enu file could not be accessed. Please read installation instructions for proper installation

This mistake persists, a solution please.
I looked for all the methods but there is no luck.

Yep i would so lovvvvvvve whoever finds the fix for this! :D

nadious

Sorceror
Is there a command to REMOVE savings boxes from banks?

I've tried to reinstall the system again from scratch and see if that doesn't help with my problem (since nobody's come up with anything yet... or even bothered to look....) and I want to just use the standard bank boxes.

I have the original distro's in place, but it appears that savings boxes are still in the banks. Other than going to each and every character and manually removing them, is there a command (like the one used to install it) to REMOVE the savings boxes from the bank?

stormwolff

Knight
nadious;698297 said:
Is there a command to REMOVE savings boxes from banks?

I've tried to reinstall the system again from scratch and see if that doesn't help with my problem (since nobody's come up with anything yet... or even bothered to look....) and I want to just use the standard bank boxes.

I have the original distro's in place, but it appears that savings boxes are still in the banks. Other than going to each and every character and manually removing them, is there a command (like the one used to install it) to REMOVE the savings boxes from the bank?

[global remove where boxname

nadious

Sorceror
Excuse my ignorance here... I've never messed much with global commands like that, so I'm not exactly 100% sure what to fill in on the command.

I tried: [global remove savingsaccount (since that was the name of the object), but it gives me a warning and tells me something like 121687 objects are going to be removed... and that just doesn't seem right to me. We only have about 80 characters with these accounts.

So, obviously... I'm doing something wrong.

stormwolff

Knight
nadious;698530 said:
Excuse my ignorance here... I've never messed much with global commands like that, so I'm not exactly 100% sure what to fill in on the command.

I tried: [global remove savingsaccount (since that was the name of the object), but it gives me a warning and tells me something like 121687 objects are going to be removed... and that just doesn't seem right to me. We only have about 80 characters with these accounts.
So, obviously... I'm doing something wrong.

You just do it in game like any other command.

Yup thats a high number for 80 accounts. Should be 80 x # of characters though.

In your reply you said [global remove savingsaccount

Make sure you use where

[global remove where savingsaccount

nadious

Sorceror
Storm,

Thank you so much. (Might I ask what the 'where' function does? Trying to understand what makes the 'where' do what I want it to do... I guess, for future reference.)

I appreciate the help. I know it's kind of frustrating to you all to have to 'hold the hands' of us newbies sometimes... but I do appreciate it, greatly.

stormwolff

Knight
nadious;698532 said:
Storm,

Thank you so much. (Might I ask what the 'where' function does? Trying to understand what makes the 'where' do what I want it to do... I guess, for future reference.)

I appreciate the help. I know it's kind of frustrating to you all to have to 'hold the hands' of us newbies sometimes... but I do appreciate it, greatly.

Glad to help, I don't do script releases so forum help is my payback to the community.

The where is like saying do this but only to this class. In your case you wanted to do it to the savingsaccount. You could also do where basearmor, where longsword, where mongbat etc....

You can even do more complicated things like

[global delete where item Hue = 38

Pretty much anything you can do in global you can also do in area. Say you wanted to delete all spawners in a selected area you could do [area delete where spawner and it lets you target a box in which to delete.

Do a search for global where for more examples.

3ly1n

Wanderer
Code:

The indicated mistake continues appearing in the client when I try to initiate an auction, someone might solve the problem please? I believe that I am not the only one that has this mistake, but we do not find the way of arranging it.:(

Alari

Wanderer
To fix this error:
Code:

Add the bolded code to your AuctionItem.cs file.

AuctionItem.cs:
Code:
		static AuctionItem()
		{
			string clilocFolder = null;

if ( AuctionConfig.ClilocLocation != null )
			{
				clilocFolder = Path.GetDirectoryName( AuctionConfig.ClilocLocation );
				Ultima.Client.Directories.Insert( 0, clilocFolder );
			}
[B]			else  // TESTING by Alari - 4:20 AM 4/19/2007
			{
				clilocFolder = Core.FindDataFile( "cliloc.enu" );
				Ultima.Client.Directories.Insert( 0, clilocFolder );
			//	Console.WriteLine( "Testing worked!" );
			}
[/B]
			m_StringList = new StringList( "ENU" );

if ( clilocFolder != null )
			{
				Ultima.Client.Directories.RemoveAt( 0 );
			}
		}

bean56

Wanderer
3ly1n;704994 said:
Code:

The indicated mistake continues appearing in the client when I try to initiate an auction, someone might solve the problem please? I believe that I am not the only one that has this mistake, but we do not find the way of arranging it.:(

It's strange, everything has been running fine and then suddenly without changing any of the scripts or updating the client on the server it stops working and this error pops up.
Even stranger is I can run the exact(should be exact) server on my other computer with the same version client and it works fine...I will look into the fix above and see what happens.

I still can't get it to work. I tried just putting in the above code to find the cliloc file using the finddatafile method, but still doesn't seem to work. I updated the core to a newer svn a couple weeks ago or so and everything has been fine. I cannot think of anything that could have caused this problem to suddenly come up...

After thinking a lot about it I believe it may have been messed up when the server computer updated windows recently. I noted that it had a .NET framework 2.0 security update or something. I bet that fubared something up. Stupid microsoft.

Underdog

Wanderer
Items and gold are moved through the system using checks. A check, when double clicked, will show the player a gump which will specify the name of the auction (if the auction still exists in the system, a button will allow the player to view the auction page), and the reason of the check. A button will allow the player to claim the gold or item by placing it in their bank.

Player clicked the Item Check for 14 boards, click the button to place in bank, SERVER CRASHED.

Any Ideas? Server just auto reboots right after the crash, so I could see no error messages.

I do not have the savings accounts enabled, which by reading your post shouldn't effect anything of that sort. Just letting you know :D

bean56

Wanderer
Underdog;709359 said:
Player clicked the Item Check for 14 boards, click the button to place in bank, SERVER CRASHED.

Any Ideas? Server just auto reboots right after the crash, so I could see no error messages.

I do not have the savings accounts enabled, which by reading your post shouldn't effect anything of that sort. Just letting you know :D

Something was probably null. Either the players bank or the boards probably.

nadious

Sorceror
That's EXACTLY what was happening on our shard. After a player either got a check or a item from the auction, when they tired to cash it in at their bank box, it would crash the server. It was only just a few random items... and nothing to give proof of certain things over others.

As I stated earlier, I unistalled the system, upgraded to the SVN #187 package, and reinstalled it (with the moddified version found in this thread somewhere.... it's near the last page or two) and we haven't had the same problem since.

Alari

Wanderer
bean56;708182 said:
After thinking a lot about it I believe it may have been messed up when the server computer updated windows recently. I noted that it had a .NET framework 2.0 security update or something. I bet that fubared something up. Stupid microsoft.

Actually, one of the "security updates" broke a script I had too... It was someone else's script (the Bestiary web page generator script) - it's a fairly complex script that does some tricky things, so it's possible that anything else which uses 'strange' code (more complex than the typical stuff I write) may be broken by this update. (another reason it could be working fine on one computer and not so fine on another - different levels of updating)

Seem to be having a couple problems getting this system working. Any ideas?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 32 warnings)
Warnings:
Errors:
+ Customs/Xanthos/Xanthos/Auction System/Modified/Banker.cs:
CS0234: Line 66: The type or namespace name 'Savings' does not exist in the
namespace 'Server.Arya' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
CS0234: Line 100: The type or namespace name 'Savings' does not exist in the
+ Customs/CharacterCreation.cs:
CS0234: Line 705: The type or namespace name 'Savings' does not exist in the
CS1502: Line 705: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Item.AddItem(
Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 705: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Server.Arya.Savings.Sav
ingsAccount' to 'Server.Item'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

brixey2451;717550 said:
you would have to follow the instructions under this section

I did.. the banker file from this system is giving me errors. I would like to use the savings system, so I removed the distro banker and those were the errors in my previous post. :confused: