RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN 199] Stargate Travel System v3.0

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 SVN 199] Stargate Travel System v3.0

Description
The new version of my old Stargate Travel System, pretty much a total re-write of the entire system to include several new features from previous suggestions and comments made on the last version... this is now v3.0.

Anyone who looked at the older version will know what it is, pretty much a small system which allows players to dial an address in order to travel to another destination. The v3.0 system now allows the easy creation of new stargate locations anywhere in a server without the need of the laborious task of script changes, un-like the older versions. Now you can add stargates while your shards running, any new addresses added to the system are automatically saved at every world save.

As well as this feature, the new version now holds all shards stargate locations in a XML file format which allows shard owners to now be able to swap data between shards with no script edits, just drop someone elses stargate XML file into the correct folder and your shards will automatically load the information in and build the stargates at server startup.

The system also comes with 3 pre-built stargate platform addons with it, each in East & South facing directions. As well as this, shard administrators have the option to generate a HTML file from the admin panel listing all stargate locations and view in a web browser which stargate addresses are avaliable to them when creating new locations for stargates in there shards.

The new gump design also incorporates an address entry listing with it, much the same way the address stones worked in previous versions, but all in the same gump which makes things better for players to view & find the address and dial codes there looking for. There are one or two addition bits of information displayed in this main dialing gump to help players out, mainly counters to show how many gates a facet has & how many are listed or hidden. Theres also a help option avaliable to players from this gump to explain the basics of using the system.

It also comes with an administration gump which is used when you need to add a new location to your shard, this shows the code as well as a preview of the symbols that will finally be placed into your game world on the platform. This also has an information gump to aid shard administrators with some additional info in there too about the system.

The biggest change with this version is the actual travel part, the old system used a straight forward teleport system, this v3.0 system opens an actual gate (not a moongate) for a period of time, so if one player opens the gate several can use it.

Installing
Save the attached ZIP file to your PC and un-zip into the script folder of your shard, you should then have an extra folder in scripts called 'Stargate system v3.0'.

If so you should be ok to start your server, the system when 1st run will create it's working directory inside the 'Data' folder of your RunUO install, you should end up with an extra folder there called 'Stargate Data', all of the files this system creates are held there.

Commands
This system does come with commands but the main ones are handeled by the administrators gump, the main command being...

[sgadmin (this opens the main admin gump).
[sginfo (broadcasts the number of stargates your server currently has)
[sgdelete (*** Use with caution ***, see below)

[sgdelete...

This command will remove ALL parts of this system from your game world but... if you do not remove the stargates in the correct manner (described in the information gump off the admin panel) your XML file still exists UNTIL your shard does a world save, at which point when it re-writes the file because you've just deleted all gates it will create an empty XML file with NO WAY to return your data. Remember to make a backup copy of the 'SGData.xml' file just incase.

To delete individual gates from your server you must do it from the actual control crystal at the stargate location your removing, the system must be disabled to do this. When a gate is removed from the system provided the world has not saved, you can force a XML file re-load and recover the change's, if the world save has happened then your out of luck, sorry.

The system's setup to only allow Admin or above access levels to access the admin panel and only the shard admin or above can disable the system, the systems default (which is changable in the core) at server restart enables the system (i.e gates are working to players).

GM's or above can delete individual gate locations but only if the admin has disabled the system 1st.

Screenshots
These are the 3 pre-built addon platforms...

Admin panel...

Control gump players use (players do not get admin options)...

And GM and above delete panel...

Additional Info
When a player uses a control crystal it locks other players out from dialing out, other players can still dial in to the platform. If a player does not use an open gump after 2 minutes the gump will auto close freeing it to allow other players to use it, this is the same situation if a player lost connection during dialing, it will auto release the crystal to other players to use.

The first person to use a crystal if it's a hidden location will be recorded on that crystal and displayed in the gump each time it's opened, this also reveals the address in the facet list if other players are using the system elsewhere on your shard.

Reserved For Updates
Update 31st Oct 2007
Issue fixed with 5 digit dialing sending energy fields to the wrong map.
Update 2nd Nov 2007
Issue fixed vortex directions on different facets.
Update 3rd Nov 2007
Issue fixed, my mistakes :eek:

Update 28th May 2008
Version 3.1 release, please download from further down the thread, this zip files guffed i think.

* Update 2nd April 2009 *
Some minor updates to 4 files. The 4 attached .CS files are v3.1 updates.
Gate address sorting added, all gate names are now sorted into alphabetical order after a world save.

*** Info Update 10th May 2009 ***
Just to let people know this... The original thread title says SVN 199 for v3.0 of this release, the updated v3.1 which will / should work on SVN 300 files is all contained within this single thread. The updates included 1 way gates (hidden dialling devices) as well as gate address's being sorted into alphabetical orders as well as a couple of other changes, i've put this in since some people have been asking about it.

Attachments

• Stargate System v3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 768
  • SGCore.cs
    97.3 KB · Views: 180
  • SGGumpAdministrator.cs
    33.3 KB · Views: 169
  • SGActivatorDevice.cs
    17.4 KB · Views: 168
  • SGGumpActivatorDevice.cs
    287.9 KB · Views: 171

jingz2k2

Sorceror
Amazing upgrade!! Thought you weren't working on it anymore.
This system is really awesome:D I actually had your old one. I'll replace it with this new one^^

Thank you for sharing
Jingz

Murzin

Knight
well let me add to this, in 1997 when i got onto the internetz for real rather than through bbs browsing, i ran across an interview with heimrich where he said he got the idea from the pyramids as landing platforms from a book called chariots in the sky or something and the idea for the stargate system from a game his child was playing at the time, and i forget if it was U3 or U4.

from that time on is when i became interested in stargate sg-1

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I remembered seeing a very different version of this sort of idea on RunUO a long time ago (maybe 2 years ago), i think done by jeff. I then found 5 tiles in the art work with InsideUO and thought... hmm, and here we are.

Ok Great work here!

This is a very nice Addition Fingers. My Aunt loves Stargate and she use to make me watch it everyday when I was living with her.

Thanks for the wonderful submission. Hell this kind of makes me wanna go to work on a new system lol.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
jingz2k2;720451 said:
Amazing upgrade!! Thought you weren't working on it anymore.
This system is really awesome:D I actually had your old one. I'll replace it with this new one^^

Thank you for sharing
Jingz

Forgot to mention before, this v3.0 version will run with the older versions in the shard with no effect to either system since it was a re-write, each version is totally seperate in the way that they work.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I had time bandits on an old 12" Laser Disc... many moons ago !!! Probably a collectors item these days :eek:

Well... at least i know who to blame for it now :D

datguy

Sorceror
I'm in the process of testing it now. The destination does not have the Energy field in the doorway although Both have the Vortex. Anyone else have this issue?
The Crystals i changed color because they showed up Pitch Black & that's all i changed

I just realized the problem, the missing energyfield in in Fel & these gates are in Tram

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Can you PM or post your SGData.xml file contents so i can take a look, seems strange that one works and the other doesn't. Specifically the XML entries for those 2 gate locations if you can find them in the file or just the whole file should do.

Try using the servers [remove command on ONLY the platform addon where there is no gate energy, i have a feeling the energy in the doorway maybe facing the wrong way, although when there triggered it looks like the sparkle parts are facing the right way out of the doorway at the start sequence.

Other than that, without knowing what else you've altered it should be working.

datguy

Sorceror
I removed the entire stargate folder, then put in your version which i didn't edit hues or anything, deleted all stargates with [sgadmin, Put in 2 new gates and still same problem, the eneryfield is in the correct place but wrong facet. I've tried it many different ways & the eneryfield is always in Fel, no matter where the gate is so the only way it works right is going from tram to fel. Even from Fel to tram is wrong as the dest eneryfield in in Fel.

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <StargateAddresses>
- <StargateEntry>
  <SGX>1395</SGX> 
  <SGY>1969</SGY> 
  <SGZ>0</SGZ> 
  <SGFacing>S</SGFacing> 
  <SGStyle>2</SGStyle> 
  <SGCanBeUsed>True</SGCanBeUsed> 
  <SGBeingUsed>False</SGBeingUsed> 
  <SGEnergy>True</SGEnergy> 
  <SGHidden>False</SGHidden> 
  <SGDiscovered>Morpheus</SGDiscovered> 
  <SGLocationName>Default Unnamed</SGLocationName> 
  <SGFacetCode>2</SGFacetCode> 
  <SGAddressCode1>1</SGAddressCode1> 
  <SGAddressCode2>2</SGAddressCode2> 
  <SGAddressCode3>3</SGAddressCode3> 
  <SGAddressCode4>4</SGAddressCode4> 
  <SGAddressCode5>5</SGAddressCode5> 
  </StargateEntry>
- <StargateEntry>
  <SGX>1403</SGX> 
  <SGY>1963</SGY> 
  <SGZ>0</SGZ> 
  <SGFacing>S</SGFacing> 
  <SGStyle>2</SGStyle> 
  <SGCanBeUsed>True</SGCanBeUsed> 
  <SGBeingUsed>False</SGBeingUsed> 
  <SGEnergy>True</SGEnergy> 
  <SGHidden>False</SGHidden> 
  <SGDiscovered>Morpheus</SGDiscovered> 
  <SGLocationName>Default Unnamed</SGLocationName> 
  <SGFacetCode>2</SGFacetCode> 
  <SGAddressCode1>2</SGAddressCode1> 
  <SGAddressCode2>2</SGAddressCode2> 
  <SGAddressCode3>3</SGAddressCode3> 
  <SGAddressCode4>4</SGAddressCode4> 
  <SGAddressCode5>4</SGAddressCode5> 
  </StargateEntry>
  </StargateAddresses>

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Just noticed i have the same thing happening too.

Must have been something i've missed, i'll take a look now and hopfully have the fix for it shortly.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Ok, got it...

Looks like i missed something to do with maps in some of the Activator gump code.

Download and replace the attached file, i'll replace the main file at the top of this thread too with the full zipped version.

Well spotted btw, i've just been doing alot of speed dialing and part address entries before i was activating it so wasn't seeing it. It was only when someone dialled a full 5 digit address that this was happening, anyway... fixed now.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• SGGumpActivatorDevice.cs
    287.9 KB · Views: 59

datguy

Sorceror
Thanks for the quick fix.

One suggestion if I may would be if staff dclicked the crystal, they not be credited for finding it

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I'll see what i can come up with when i can get back to this code, for the moment theres just the option to use the [props commands and set the hidden setting to false again.

I did think to setup a seperate gump for staff only but never got round to it.