RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Mondain's Legacy Simple Installs (with Nerun's Distro)

Lokai

Knight
[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Mondain's Legacy Simple Installs (with Nerun's Distro)

Malganis' Mondain's Legacy (with Nerun's Distro) for SVN (currently 297)
Simple Installs by Lokai

These are NOT my systems.

FILE 1: ML Release SVN 297 (Simple Install).zip

- This is Malganis' complete Mondain's Legacy system, downloaded today.
- I removed some duplicate folders and files he had.
- I moved the files to fit in the RunUO folder structure.
- I added necessary Distro files that needed edits.
- I made necessary code-fix changes to Log, Board, OpenSpellbookEntry, EatEntry, and Switch
- Included are all files necessary to compile your new SVN 297 Server and start a new shard.
- Bonus: new file included is "Project Tool 2008" which will create C# project files for use with VS 2008.

FILE 2: ML Release SVN 297 w-Neruns (Simple Install).zip

- Same as above, plus added Nerun's Distro, so you can easily spawn your new world.
- Removed duplicates from Nerun's system that were already included in ML.
- Combined all files into 1 zip.

INSTALLATION:

- Download RunUO SVN 297 here: http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/
- Place one of these Zip files in the same folder where your Scripts, Server, and Data folder reside.
- Unzip the Zip file, and choose "Yes to All" to overwrite existing files.
- Run the "runme.bat" batch file. It will compile the Core and start your new Server!
- Enjoy!

For Questions about Mondain's Legacy:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/81922-runuo-2-0-svn-osi-mondains-legacy.html

For Questions about Nerun's Distro:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/71870-runuo-2-0-rc1-neruns-distro.html

Attachments

• ML Release SVN 297 (Simple Install).zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,709
  • ML Release SVN 297 w-Neruns (Simple Install).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,711
  • ProjectTool2008.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 764

LA Times

Wanderer
Lokai, thank you very much for the work you've done. I downloaded the zip file, and extracted it into my Run UO 2.0 folder, all that's in there now is a the ML Release SVN297 file, when I dbl click it, windows wants to know what program I want to open it with?

mikeymaze

Wanderer
there is a error with character statue maker around line 175 i will post once i find out how 2 copy the error
but its character statue.cs

and 180- something about no suitable method found to override still searching how i can copy these errors sorry
Btw thanks alot for your hard work

i am using ML Release SVN 297 (Simple Install).zip

Lokai

Knight
mikeymaze;760142 said:
there is a error with character statue maker around line 175 i will post once i find out how 2 copy the error
but its character statue.cs

and 180- something about no suitable method found to override still searching how i can copy these errors sorry
Btw thanks alot for your hard work

i am using ML Release SVN 297 w-Neruns (Simple Install).zip

Hi. Thanks. If you haven't already done so, please post your error to the Mondain's Legacy forum. This compilation did not introduce any changes to that particular script.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
i dont know how to copy my errors from my runuo.exe box sorry im still looking unless u can give me a clue i just tried both simple installs same errors with both

Lokai

Knight
mikeymaze;760152 said:
i dont know how to copy my errors from my runuo.exe box sorry im still looking unless u can give me a clue i just tried both simple installs same errors with both

In the top left corner of the window is a small icon. If you click it, you get a menu. Click on the EDIT menu, and select MARK. Now your cursor will change to a box. At this point you can drag to select text just like in windows. Highlight all the text you want to copy, then press ENTER on your keyboard, and it will copy it to the clipboard. Now you can paste that into Notepad or here.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
thanks for your help . I think its the same error as on the other thread i went and downloaded the newer one 1.8 i think it was and still same thing

here is the error i get

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mondain's Legacy/Items/Character Statue Maker/CharacterStatue.cs:
CS0115: Line 175: 'Server.Mobiles.CharacterStatue.OnRequestedAnimation(Serve
r.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 180: 'Server.Mobiles.CharacterStatue.ShowIncomingName(Server.Mo
bile)': no suitable method found to override

Lokai

Knight
mikeymaze;760159 said:
thanks for your help . I think its the same error as on the other thread i went and downloaded the newer one 1.8 i think it was and still same thing

here is the error i get

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mondain's Legacy/Items/Character Statue Maker/CharacterStatue.cs:
CS0115: Line 175: 'Server.Mobiles.CharacterStatue.OnRequestedAnimation(Serve
r.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
CS0115: Line 180: 'Server.Mobiles.CharacterStatue.ShowIncomingName(Server.Mo
bile)': no suitable method found to override

Hmmm. Looks like you did not follow the instructions. Here they are again:

First Post said:
- Download RunUO SVN 297 here: http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/
- Place one of these Zip files in the same folder where your Scripts, Server, and Data folder reside.
- Unzip the Zip file, and choose "Yes to All" to overwrite existing files.
- Run the "runme.bat" batch file. It will compile the Core and start your new Server!
- Enjoy!

mikeymaze

Wanderer
i do not get zipped files when going to there site i get folders and inside the folders are .cs files they have server/scripts /data folders
im not sure what to do with the distro folder or where to place it
Ive clicked repalce all when unzipping ML1.18 to Runuo 2.0rc2 and then added your zip file then i ran the RUNME .bat before starting the runuo.exe

do i still need to merge items.cs and poison .cs before running the runme.bat sorry i am just confused not sure where i am going wrong i have been trying a few weeks now to get this to work with older versions and would really like your help with this ...

Greystar

Wanderer
mikeymaze;760167 said:
i do not get zipped files when going to there site i get folders and inside the folders are .cs files they have server/scripts /data folders
im not sure what to do with the distro folder or where to place it
Ive clicked repalce all when unzipping ML1.18 to Runuo 2.0rc2 and then added your zip file then i ran the RUNME .bat before starting the runuo.exe

do i still need to merge items.cs and poison .cs before running the runme.bat sorry i am just confused not sure where i am going wrong i have been trying a few weeks now to get this to work with older versions and would really like your help with this ...

I think you are confused this is set up to run with RunUO SVN not RC2, there is several differences now.

Feid

Sorceror
Thank you very much for this. I was just about to embark on the long task of integrating Nerun's distro plus ML and start converting my shard. This has saved a lot of time!

One question, does this have the latest Ultima.dll included?

Lokai

Knight
Feid;760263 said:
Thank you very much for this. I was just about to embark on the long task of integrating Nerun's distro plus ML and start converting my shard. This has saved a lot of time!

One question, does this have the latest Ultima.dll included?

Not sure if its the latest. It works.

When you saying "converting" your shard...are you planning on placing this on a live shard? If so, it is NOT recommended. This is for NEW shards, by default, running SVN 297. It will probably NOT incorporate any saves you may have. In other words, if you try to start up a shard from a save point, you WILL likely get errors asking you to delete all Items, Mobiles, etc.

Feid

Sorceror
Lokai;760287 said:
When you saying "converting" your shard...are you planning on placing this on a live shard? If so, it is NOT recommended. This is for NEW shards, by default, running SVN 297. It will probably NOT incorporate any saves you may have. In other words, if you try to start up a shard from a save point, you WILL likely get errors asking you to delete all Items, Mobiles, etc.

Oh I know. Today I start the project of migrating my scripts over. When I started my shard I didn't manage the code well... I couldn't tell you what SVN it even is... plus I did core changes without documenting them to get the newer clients to work, etc. So it's a bit of a mess... I have tried several times to convert, and this is my next attempt. Biggest problem I have is the OWL system I use, and incorporating ML.

So my project is to integrate my shard with the new SVN and ML, and then keep up as the SVNs change. I know this isn't the ideal way to do it, but I'd rather pitch the method I have out the window and start fresh. At the very least I was smart enough to make a Custom folder.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
hey all i am back and in need of some help

here is what i get now i can log in with chars all ml stuff is there but i get lots of weird stuff going on here is what it does and i change account handlers .cs to allow 4 accounts but still only allowed one

Code:
32& yMax) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mike\Server\Item.cs
:line 832
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ultima.Art' threw
an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a p
ath that is not on the disk.
   at Ultima.Client.GetFilePath(String file)
   at Ultima.FileIndex..ctor(String idxFile, String mulFile, Int32 length, Int32
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index)
   at Server.Item.GetBitmap(Int32 itemID) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administr
ator\Desktop\mike\Server\Item.cs:line 822
an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a p
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
   at Ultima.Art.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int3
2& yMax)
   at Server.Item.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int
32& yMax) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\mike\Server\Item.cs
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
2& yMax)
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
2& yMax)
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
2& yMax)
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
2& yMax)
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
 file)
   at Ultima.Art..cctor()
2& yMax)
done (109333 items, 3091 mobiles) (16.43 seconds)
Restricting client version to 6.0.8.0. Action to be taken: LenientKick
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Listening: 192.168.2.2:2593
Listening: 192.168.2.3:2593
Warning: 7 bad spawns detected, logged: 'badspawn.log'
Cleanup: Detected 22 hair and facial hair items being worn, converting to their
virtual counterparts..
Client: 99.2xx.xxx.xx: Connected. [1 Online]