RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0

Radwen

Wanderer
RunUO 2.0

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I usually whine, but this time all i've got to say is :

Sooo Cool !!!!!

Go Ryan (Well, sleep first, then go :p).

Great job guys.

Ceksu

Wanderer
omg

What i am feeling right now is little bit fear mixed with :eek: *OMG*

I just hope that there will not be huge "do-over" with scripts cos that takes sooooo much time to repair in large custom shards ;)

Jarrod

Sorceror
Id like to address those who are planning on upgrading their RunUO to 2.0, who also have tons of custom modifications.

Some of you (you know who you are) make the mistake of attempting to take the new release and wrap it around your current server. Please please take into consideration that this is fundamentally a flawed idea.

Take the time to install the distro release, and then move your modifications to it one at a time. A structured file system is a good idea to keep the overview clear.

RunUO\Scripts <- for all untouched files
RunUO\Scripts\Edited <- for all distro modified files. preserve the file structure!!
RunUO\Scripts\Custom <- for anything not distro that you have added.

If you have set up your file structure like this, it is extremely easy to see where problems are originating from if they do pop up (in the console you see immediately by the file path if its a custom file or a modified distro file)

Yes, it takes time to set up, but if done properly, you will save yourself a lot of time in the long run..

If not... I wouldnt be surprised if you are in here later asking for help locating memory leak sources and other related issues.

Do it the right way. Build your shard around the emulator, and not the other way around. Its like building your engine around your car.. you are most likely going to end up with some problems, and lets face it... it just looks goofy

;)

milt

Knight
*sobs*

I...I...I...

I love RunUO.

It's been great in these two years of RunUO. From the time I joined, till now I still have this great feeling of success. You all have helped me vastly improve my knowledge in C#, and I thank you for that.

jorisan

Wanderer
Holding My Breath with Excitement

REST, it is well deserved, but know we are all waiting for the new release. Hope it goes well and as smooth as it can...... Great job. Keep it up. We do apprecate all your efforts.:)

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Jarrod said:
RunUO\Scripts <- for all untouched files
RunUO\Edited\Scripts <- for all distro modified files. preserve the file structure!!
RunUO\Custom\Scripts <- for anything not distro that you have added.

Would this work? I thought RunUO only compiled all the scripts it found in the Scripts directory, so you'd need to do like:

RunUO\Scripts
RunUO\Scripts\Edited
RunUO\Scripts\Custom

Right?

Just wondering/clarifying! :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Arvoreen said:
Would this work? I thought RunUO only compiled all the scripts it found in the Scripts directory, so you'd need to do like:

RunUO\Scripts
RunUO\Scripts\Edited
RunUO\Scripts\Custom

Right?

He meant that you want to keep all of your distro files you have modified...
So for example if you have a modified PlayerMobile, the structure would look like this:
RunUO\Edited\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs <<Original
RunUO\Scripts\Custom\SomeSystem\PlayerMobile.cs <<Modified

I take it one step further:
RunUO\Edited\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs <<Original
RunUO\Scripts\Modified Distro\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs <<Modified

Any modified distro files are kept in the 'Modified Distro' folder with the same dir structure as they are found in the Scripts folder. This way you know where they go exactly if you need to replace with the originals.

Peoharen

Sorceror
I found it easy to leave the Distro files in the same place as they where.
the ways you guys have it setup you have to run a search just to find your player mobile.
"hmm was xxx in scripts\edited\fs taming? or in scripts\edited\owlts?"

I leave the file where it belongs and place added files in my customs.
the file then gets a rename.
exp all files moded by fs taming are now named *FS.cs (AnimalTamingFS.cs)
Simple mods are tagged with MOD or M.
This way I not only know where the files regradless of how many customs I place in. but I also know if the mod was part of a package or a small custom mod.

But hey to each his own. ;)

Arvoreen said:

RunUO\Scripts
RunUO\Scripts\Edited
RunUO\Scripts\Custom

Right?

I hope that's what he meant lol. Because that would be the way to do it... the way Avroreen did unless you recompile the core.

Jarrod

Sorceror
Arvoreen said:

RunUO\Scripts
RunUO\Scripts\Edited
RunUO\Scripts\Custom

Right?

yes. thanks for pointing that out ;)

Viago

Knight
u know after the release of 2.0, OSI will have to release another exmpansion. just to keep up following them lol.

i say let them make Aliens and atlantis. LET THEM!! the team will continue to make the best uo emu available!

/me goes back to laying UO XXX :D

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I was unaware that 2.0 was so close to start getting hyped up like this :confused:

*shrug* then again i was away for almost a year

swtrse

Wanderer
RunUO 2.0

After months of not comming to this site I came back to see what is going on with RunUO 1.1...now I found runuo 2.0 :confused:.

Ok, thats fine with me, now the question, is there an link to download an beta or whatever state it is now? Time will come when we dump Sphere and migrate all Custom skripts to runuo so why not start with runuo 2.0 instead of 1.0 ^^. My plan was to begin shortly after Christmas. So an 2.0 Version would be very fine. I can also make testing and bug searching.