RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2+] daat99's Master Looter + Ledger system

daat99

Staff member
6 years and 4 months after my last RunUO related release I'm back with a new system.

Thanks for all of you for keeping my OWLTR alive and dragging me back into it after so long :)

daat99's Master Looter + Ledger system

V1.03 06/06/2012:
Added Dual-List setting: Each bag has 2 looting lists, primary and secondary.
Only one can be active at any given time.
This allows players the freedom to cycle between two list for different situations in an instant.
Added "Default" list: Added default BaseType and ItemType lists to Utils file.
The default lists will cover most of the commonly looted items and will take only 29 entries.
Players can't get most of the base types on their own (interfaces) and in order ot get the same result they'll need to fill over 180 entries.
Added Reset to "Default": "Default" button on the setup gump will reset the current active list to the hardcoded defaults.
FIX: Fixed a bug that allowed players to add the same item to the base types list.
This item won't be lootable and will waste resources.

V1.02 05/06/2012:
Fixed wrong condition looting check in MasterLooterBackpack.cs Thanks GhostRiderGrey

V1.01 05/06/2012:
Fix: Removed a debug line that was left in MasterLooterBackpack.cs by accident. Thanks GhostRiderGrey.

V1.0 04/06/2012:
Initial release

Description:
A loot and ledger system that allows the player to configure his own loot settings.
  • This system was made with strong emphasis on performance while still allowing complete customization control for the players.
  • This system is compatible with my old Token system.
Master Looter backpack+Ledger(linked to the first player that uses it) which allows the following context menu options:
Act as a ledger (default hardcoded, changed via [props or enable deeds which are supplied with the system)
Account context menu: See a ledger gump that allows the user to withdraw and deposit gold and/or tokens (based on settings) up to 10^18 each (that is 1 followed by 18 0's!!!)
Setup context menu: Configure looting system settings, which items to loot etc.

1. Add specific items to the loot list.
  2. Add Common type of multiple items (target 2 items that has a common parent - 2 scrolls and you get them all)
  3. Mechanism which makes sure there won't be duplicate or redundant entries in the list (minimizes CPU/Memory consumption).
Refill from stock context menu: In case of a ledger the backpack will swift through the players main backpack (and sub containers) and fills his Master Looter ledger with the gold and/or tokens it finds.
[loot command with the following functionality (based on the players Master Looter backpack settings)
  1. Loot all items on ground and in corpses within 3 tiles range (in each direction)
  2. Loot just the items from a backpack-specific list within the same range.
  3. Loot just the gold and/or tokens (useful for champ spawns).
  4. Stops looting before the player gets overloaded.
  5. Delete the corpses (empty/all: setup gump) the player looted successfully without being overloaded and reward him with tokens and gold.
FAQ:
Q: How can I create a new Master Looter Backpack from another script?
A: Add this line to your script and then do what you want with "looter":
Code:
Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackpack looter = new Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackpack();

Q: I'm using your token system but whatever I do the tokens are disabled, what should I do?
A: Open all the "*.cs" files that came with this system and make sure all of them have the following line at the top (uncommented): "#define USE_TOKENS".

Q: I don't use your token system OR I get "The type or namespace name 'Daat99Tokens' could not be found" error, what should I do?
A: Open the files that cause this error and make sure the line at the top "#define USE_TOKENS" is commented out like this "//#define USE_TOKENS"

Q: I'm using RunUO 2.2 OR I get "No overload for method 'CheckLoot' takes '1' arguments" error, what should I do?
A: Open the files that cause this error and uncomment the line at the top "//#define RunUO2_2" so it'll look like this: "#define RunUO2_2".

Q: I'm using earlier version of RunUO OR I get "No overload for method 'CheckLoot' takes '2' arguments" error, what should I do?
A: Open the files that cause this error and make sure the line at the top "#define RunUO2_2" is commented out like this "//#define RunUO2_2"

Q: I want to give tokens to players directrly into their ledger from another file, what should I do?
A: You need to add the following line where you want it (player is the PlayerMobile, amount is an int): "Daat99MasterLooterSystem.Daat99MasterLootersUtils.GivePlayerTokens(player, amount);"

Q: I want to give gold to players directrly into their ledger from another file, what should I do?
A: You need to add the following line where you want it (player is the PlayerMobile, amount is an int): "Daat99MasterLooterSystem.Daat99MasterLootersUtils.GivePlayerGold(player, amount);"

NOTE:
Calling the method that gives players gold or tokens will return "true" if the player recieved his reward and "false" otherwise.
It'll be wise to check this return value and decide what you do in case it failed or succeeded.
For example, if you add it on player kills and you don't want to remove the old token system code than you need to execute the old code only if this failed.

Credits:
A big thank you for (in alphabetical order):
Alyssa Dark, Dante, GhostRiderGrey and Vor.

(mirror at my website).

Attachments

• MasterLooter v1.03.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 435

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
Welcome back daat99! Thanks for creating a wonderful new looting system :)

Am I missing the download link to the new system?

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
Poseidon-Demonic Danger, have you considered that perhaps daat99 was working in conjunction with a couple shard owners (Alyssa included) to test the early concept of this system before releasing the final here?

daat99

Staff member
Poseidon, you are 100% correct and like Ghost Rider Grey mentioned, I worked along with several shard owner on testing this and ironing out the basic idea behind it before it got where it is now.

Also if you note the credits section in my original post than you'll see Alyssa is right there :)

And btw, daat99 is either daat99 or something that imposter me.

This isn't a common name at all (just google it, most of the results in the first 2 pages are related to me in 1 way or the other).

i'm sorry for calling you out. i saw this just a few hours after alyssa posted how to use the new system on our forums, and i jumped to conclusions. i apologize

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
Welcome back Daat99 and Hello all :)

Yes, this is the new sytem I just implemented and have been helping to test it prior to it's official release. Part of that testing includes putting on active shards to see if anything came up. In the short time we've been running it, I've gotten positive feedback from players. At this point, compared to the previous system we were using, this is much more versatile and is great for players to pick custom items for looting.

And your welcome Daat99, I am glad to have been able to help, it's a great system and we'll be sticking with it.

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
daat99, with gold and tokens activated on the loot bag, looting set to Everything, and Deleting all corpses set, when I issue the Loot command, it tells me "You didn't gain a singe token..." and doesn't loot anything or delete any corpses.

I am using RC1 and have //#define RunUO2_2 set in MasterLooterUtils.cs (was getting the "No overload for method 'CheckLoot' takes '2' arguments" error when it was uncommented

daat99

Staff member
Poseido,you got nothing to apologize for, I totally understand your conclusions :)

Ghost, lets take this problem to pm and investigate it further.

Alyssa and Higlander, thanks :)

daat99

Staff member
05/06/2012 V1.01:
Removed debug line from MasterLooterBackpack.cs that was left by accident Thanks GhostRiderGrey

Attachments

• MasterLooterBackpack.cs
    18.2 KB · Views: 23

daat99

Staff member
05/06/2012 V1.02:
Fixed wrong condition looting check in MasterLooterBackpack.cs Thanks GhostRiderGrey

Attachments

• MasterLooterBackpack.cs
    18.2 KB · Views: 43

Montmatre

Sorceror
Looks great :). Once I get my old loot system out, I'll give this a whirl.

Was wondering where Dante and Vor had got to :p

zerodowned

Sorceror
Tried the system out on Alyssa's shard.
It's a really nice system having the Loot Pack double as a Gold/Token Ledger (through context menu). Saves a lot a room.

I've noticed a lot of shards tend to not make loot bags blessed since it gives players a way to easily keep items if they die. (bandages, arrows, etc)

I imagine there's no way to use this system without having the Master Loot Backpack blessed since losing it would mean losing your ledger as well.

daat99

Staff member
Tried the system out on Alyssa's shard.
It's a really nice system having the Loot Pack double as a Gold/Token Ledger (through context menu). Saves a lot a room.

I've noticed a lot of shards tend to not make loot bags blessed since it gives players a way to easily keep items if they die. (bandages, arrows, etc)

I imagine there's no way to use this system without having the Master Loot Backpack blessed since losing it would mean losing your ledger as well.
You are correct.
This system doesn't fit everybody.

Vorspire

Knight
It's good to have you back daat, this system is definitely a great come-back release!
Lets try to drag back some other veteran devs and get this community moving at full-steam again :D

Vorspire

Knight
You've been back for 5 minutes and I already owe you one, I just got all set up with oDesk today after finding a link on your site (profile) - Impressive portfolio might I say :)

daat99

Staff member
V1.03 06/06/2012:
Added Dual-List setting: Each bag has 2 looting lists, primary and secondary.
Only one can be active at any given time.
This allows players the freedom to cycle between two list for different situations in an instant.
Added "Default" list: Added default BaseType and ItemType lists to Utils file.
The default lists will cover most of the commonly looted items and will take only 29 entries.
Players can't get most of the base types on their own (interfaces) and in order ot get the same result they'll need to fill over 180 entries.
Added Reset to "Default": "Default" button on the setup gump will reset the current active list to the hardcoded defaults.
FIX: Fixed a bug that allowed players to add the same item to the base types list.
This item won't be lootable and will waste resources.

See main post for download link.