RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Beta 36 released!

tejster24

Sorceror
Atroz said:
"Locked down containers:
Items placed in them will now automatically become locked down

Items that have been explicitly released inside a locked down container
will decay "

this also work for the secured containers? or only for the locked down ones

Atroz
Locked Down ones only.

Powerworks

Wanderer
Looks like you guys fixed the arrows loot on ogres bug..

I used to love that bug.. kill an ogre get 10 arrows... Great for archer characters =P

KillerBeeZ

Knight
forgive me if this was answered but,

what are the desteffect and sourceeffect on the teleporter props for? I tried setting them to true but I dont notice anything different

psz

Administrator
Turns on the poof of smoke when teleporting.

DestEffect means "Do you wish to turn on the Smoke Effect at the destination?" and SourceEffect means "Do you wish to turn on the Smoke Effect at the source?"

KillerBeeZ

Knight
psz said:
Turns on the poof of smoke when teleporting.

DestEffect means "Do you wish to turn on the Smoke Effect at the destination?" and SourceEffect means "Do you wish to turn on the Smoke Effect at the source?"

Thats what I thought it meant but its not working.... well it sort of is, it works if I set a delay but not if there is no delay... its no big deal though.

An opinion/suggestion tho, if you set a delay it might be a good idea to allow players to actually walk over the teleporter instead of knocking them back, this way they wont know there is a teleporter there and might get teleporterted from different areas... it makes the "Wrong" maze totally evil and , well, just plain wrong

Quantos

Lord
Re: HELP ME

Cornwalis said:
Someone Wanna contact me on icq, and give me a little rundown on what do to with beta 36?
please get back to me
or i'm on mirc
#runuo

msn [email protected]

Try unzipping it and running it. Then login in with your fully patched client.

Kamron

Knight
I already helped him.. he is being foolish.

I told him to go to the server support forum and look for a thread with the word LAME in it.. its right there at the top.

Nope he rather tell me that he doesnt know wtf to do. Maybe he shouldnt run a shard then :\

Cornwalis

Wanderer
Re

Look, I dont what to know how to run a shard. Just play on one. I was just curious as to why I have to get BETA 36 running. Someone just be very general with me.

OH PS: I CANT GET IT TO WORK

Quantos

Lord
Try the following link, it is a how-to guide for someone in your place.

http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1530

Kamron

Knight
1) you dont want to run a shard
2) You want to play a shard
3) You downloaded an emulator to run a shard
4) You want information on how to play on a shard, but only general information
5) not to run a shard...

you confused yourself and everyone around you.

Speak of what you want. be clear and precise.

Quantos

Lord
Spider - Never presume to tell anyone that you don't know what they want, and be damned careful even if you do know them. Don't ever let your own opinions get in the way.

Let him/her decide if they want to run a server. Don't be an ass, your technical knowledge is amazing, but your people skills need a boost.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Quantos said:
Spider - Never presume to tell anyone that you don't know what they want, and be damned careful even if you do know them. Don't ever let your own opinions get in the way.

Let him/her decide if they want to run a server. Don't be an ass, your technical knowledge is amazing, but your people skills need a boost.

He wasn't being an ass, he was right, dude even said and I quote

"Look, I dont what to know how to run a shard. Just play on one. I was just curious as to why I have to get BETA 36 running. Someone just be very general with me. "

it looks to me like he doesn't want to run a shard and only wants to play on one.

Kamron

Knight
Hence why i was making a bullshit list of things which are confusing me...

I actually wasnt trying to be an ass there :shock:

And yeah, my people skills suck. Becuase i dont tolerate poeple with less common sense than me (Becuase I know I have pretty shitty common sense).

Quantos

Lord
If he has to get beta 36 running then he has to run a shard, if he only wanted to play on one then he would be using UOGateway to log on to many shards with his fully patched client.

Kamron

Knight
Either he doesnt know what he wants, or he doesnt know what RunUO does.. or some combination of the two.

I dunno

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Quantos said:
If he has to get beta 36 running then he has to run a shard, if he only wanted to play on one then he would be using UOGateway to log on to many shards with his fully patched client.

unless he doesnt know any better..

KillerBeeZ law #38 - Never Assume as it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"