RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO.com shard donations (the ex Golden Tee Fund)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO.com shard donations (the ex Golden Tee Fund)

Over the past couple of days a lot of things have come to light with this community. I have been blasted by numerous people both in public, and in private regarding the golden tee fund. I have decided that I have had enough. I never forced anyone to do this, this wasn’t a requirement to register on this site. I am quite honestly saddened by the actions of many.

This left me with a great dilemma in, what do I do with the nearly 200 dollars that has already been donated by faithful RunUO members?

The answer:

I have decided that the one thing that is missing, that we haven’t had in a while is a RunUO.com shard. I have decided to turn those donations around and fund a RunUO.com shard that will quite honestly be as best as the RunUO Development Team can make it.

If you think RunUO is great, imagine a shard created by the same team...

So for those of you who had qualms about making donations to me getting something of personal gain how about you now put up or shut the fuck up and donate to something which not only you will get enjoyment out of but countless others will too.

For those of you who have already donated, if you want to get your donations returned please let me know and I will make arrangements for that to happen, if you do not want them back please post here so that we all know you are in agreement with the new "plan" so to speak.

I apologize to the community if any of you were offended by my asking for donations for golden tee... I guess I could have just lied and said it was for the RunUO.com server instead, but I come from a place where honor is something you dont take with a grain of salt, it is, something you live by, therefore I could not have lied to you.

Thanks for those of you who have shown support, you are the people that will continue to make it worth while for the development team to continue working on this project and me to continue paying the thousands of dollars a year to keep this site and project going.

Mortis

Knight
To bad people are so cheap. :rolleyes:

Do what ever you want with my donation. Buy your self a six pack if that suits you. You earned it either way.

Rooster2

Sorceror
I agree with Mortis. I donated the money to you for the cause. What you do with it is your biz. If it's a golf game, so be it. If it's to pay for server hosting fees, so be it. If it's to help start up an official RunUO shard, so be it. Hell, if it's for hiring a graphic artist for painting a unicorn on your car / truck / suv go for it. You do what you need/want to Ryan. :) I appreciate your return offer, but it's not necessary, to me at least! 8)

ralph

Wanderer

couldnt agree more, anything to help out ill do, didnt matter to me where the money was going to, just thought i would help out because you have done so much dont know why everyone doesnt see it that way.

Bradley

Sorceror
I donated money because You gave us something we enjoy. What you choose to use that money on is up to you

I agree i donated because i have used for 6 months now and i have bought much worse software i tossed to the curb in a few weeks. If my donation encourages the Team to continue forward even for a while longer it will be the best money ive spent all year. Use the money as you see fit. it was given to You, as my way of thanking you for all the work. and frankly im embarassed to be part of a comunity that has members as selfish as some here.

BlackAce333

Sorceror
The Golden Tee Fund...

I really can't beleive that this became an issue... yeah I agree, people can be so cheap... RunUO is an AMAZING project, I have no idea how many manhours have been put into it is, but given all that has been accomplished already in such a short time, you can only imagine. The software is FREE!! FREE! That means you've got a force of software developers (who do a VERY good job I'll add) coding this server emulator for you for FREE. Yes, the community is pretty tight and helps with bugs and development when they can, but Ryan and the other developers put in so much time. I don't have much money being in college, but I just donated 20 dollars, be it for a shard, for his own use, I don't care if he donates it to charity :)... he's already donated more time and work on the project than the 200 dollars collected even comes close to covering, and I'd say that everyone should donate something if they can... Imagine the shard it's going to fund! and if you're one of the people who got angered at the Golden Tee fund, I think you should take a look at what you've got on your hard drive in the form of Beta 33, and really stop and think about it for a second.

Just my 2 cents :D

UOT

Knight
Keep the money and use it as you see fit. You've spent thousands of dollars out of pocket for the server and site. You all put countless hours in RunUO for our pleasing without ever asking for anything back. Now that we all have the chance to show a bit of appreciation, even if it was to fund hookers for you all, I think all should take advantage. I don't see it as funding RunUO rather as showing some appreciation.

Linked

Wanderer
Listen m8 .. I believe you deserve all the money you can get .. I'm just to broke atm (
But hell i do have some bandwith and a runuo server up and running 24/7
if you like ill donate some of that for an official server P

Gimme a mail .. [email protected]

the server is on 195.184.112.124 standard port .. free accounts ..

the server is up .. its in a basement tuggin along and have been up for a month .. P

Dalius

Wanderer
I gave you my money cuz I owed you from that night ;)
I kid I kid, I lub ya Ryan, make a great shard! (aka keep money)

Dragontamer

Wanderer
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

sorry for what was posted before. just found out my friend who runs runuo was on my comp while i was watching a movie. sorry to all who read that bullshit.

Cat

Wanderer
I swear it seems people dont have enough to do with out complaining about something.

Keep the donation, use it for what ever you like.

You asked for a dontation for something personal, which I freely (and happily) gave.

It is sad that this ever became an issue.

However the plan is good so do what yout you feel is right, and not what others claim.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Re: BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Dragontamer said:
IM SORRY BUT THAT IS BULLSHIT. NICE IMPRESSION FOR ALL YOUR WORK, I USING YOUR DONATED MONEY TO START MY OWN SHARD IS BASICALLY WHAT YOUR SAYING!!!! Now what you should mdo is start a runuo resource center. with scripts and such. and in deph runuo syntax tutorials. and with usage. I meen damn, it takes someone to take DONATIONS and start a shard. DO soemthing useful for the runuo community. Like a real site with just runuo resources and scripts and tutorials. OMG COMMON SENSE!!!!!

on the other hand thank you for spending your own money for runuo i respect you for that. im sorry i dont agree with spending money for your own pleasure when it was donated to runuo for runuo. reward them with something back. i will help you with the web site programming if you want to.

You have about 23 mintues (until 3:30 CST) to recant this statement or be banned for fucking life you little prick.

Duncan

Wanderer
imma noob here, mainly just a lurker and have no idea what the donations were for, but I would donate to the creation of an official RunUO.com shard - depending on my connection to that shard, I may even be convinced to dump OSI once and for all to play there :D