RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO.com shard donations (the ex Golden Tee Fund)

Flatline.hu

Wanderer
Dalius said:
ferfecirs said:
hehe I'm sphere scripter and I'm create world Ryan 8) runuo is good but you must work because look at the runuo bug reports forum 1843 messages for you :D .İf you want play my server,you pay 10$ every month for your donations ;)

Sphere's scripting engine is WAY less powerful than RunUO's.

Sphere has a gibberish language to script with.
RunUO's has an international language, C#

Sphere is a bitch to script for.
RunUO, if you know C# well enough, you can basically do anything

I used to play on a sphere shard, they had lots of custom scripts. And usually 5-10 crashes a day. I don't play there anymore since I know RunUO.....

Titania

Wanderer
I back that up. Sure Sphere had its custom scripts but its nothing that a talented scriptor like Zippy and some others I know could easily make if they so desired. Sphere is dying slowly and there will always be those hurt people that are trying to keep it alive. Well they can host their own shard and enjoy their 5 person player base :)

Punnikin

Wanderer
Time to rationalize donations...

Okay, there are those who cannot donate, and that is understandable. Some people just don't have the money in their pockets. I don't even have pockets.
Now to rationalize donations:
1.) Ryan has spent a great deal of his own money in the development of RunUO
2.) Ryan asks for donations for a golf game, a piece of ass, a chainsaw, a tattoo, a cupful of pencils to sell on the street corner, etc.
3.) Had Ryan not spent all that money on the development of RunUO, he could afford a piece of ass and probably the tattoo (skip the tattoo and get T&A instead)
4.) Donating to Ryan's Lap Dance Fund is basically funding RunUO, because his money already went toward it. You're just replacing what was already spent
5.) The US government and most governments all over the world use this very same spending plan every single day and they call it a "Budget"
6.) Everyone pays taxes (or should) because it goes to better the communities (this is merely a supposition on my part)
7.) If Ryan gets laid, he might feel like coding more after he takes his nap and we will get faster updates
8.) Sell a damn kidney and donate the proceeds to Ryan

Titania

Wanderer
Well as soon as I get my PayPal going and I get my paycheck I'll see what I can donate. I'll make sure its above $10 though :)

Keeper

Wanderer
Ruld said:
Ryan, there are some of your views I am in very strong disagreement with, but you have but hours upon hours of hard work and your own personal money into making RunUO what it is and surpassing anyother emulator that has ever been made.

Maybe those that haven't donated should feel guilty......

You know, while I totally disagree with that last line I quoted, I think Ruld's got the right idea. Ryan and I have had some of the most brutal fights in forums history, back in tha day. And yet, even though I've called him some names which I will not recant because I still think they fit, maybe less now than back then, I do respect the amount of effort and time I believe he's put into UO emus. Btw, I'll note that Ruld is from Ohio, so there must be something to that long standing, time tested theory that all the intelligent people in the world are from Ohio. (Yeah, I just made it up. Sue me.)

Hey Ryan, glad to see you still dish out asswhoopins in the forums. You at least still SEEM to take it personally, which isn't a bad thing, really.

My thought doesn't matter, but I'm posting so here it is: I wasn't here for the original beg-a-thon, but if Ryan posted "Please give to the pay-my-marijuana-bill fund, and someone chooses to give him $100, I see no problem with it. Sure it looks more noble to say "Give to the UO-Emulator-supplies-for-charity fund", but he's being honest. That's gotta count for something. I personally don't care what title I get in a forum, though I don't necessarily like the idea that I get a title in a public forum based on how much I give one of the mods. So I'll never have such a title. Not like I've got money to give anyhow, heh.

Jesus

Wanderer
Unfortunatly I couldn't find the option to send a "Blowjob Coupon" on PayPal, please accept my cash instead... Do with it as you please.

Keeper

Wanderer
Re: Time to rationalize donations...

Punnikin said:
8.) Sell a damn kidney and donate the proceeds to Ryan

Friend of mine was telling me he heard kidneys are only worth $5k on the market. Testicles, on the other hand, are supposedly worth like $175k. So you can either sell a kidney for Ryan, or sell a nut and split the proceedes evenly between Ryan, me, me, me, Ryan, yourself, and me.

bzk90

Lord
omg thats is to funny i would donate but im only 13 with not job (damn those people that will work for food)
lol jk ty devs for ruo emu way eter the lone wolf