RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO.com shard donations (the ex Golden Tee Fund)

Revan

Sorceror
ok, first of all
hehe I'm sphere scripter and I'm create world Ryan runuo is good but you must work because look at the runuo bug reports forum 1843 messages for you .İf you want play my server,you pay 10$ every month for your donations
as ryan might have responded; Die

Also, i WANT to donate, just pleeease tell me how to do it without a credit card, i'll do it right away.. I'm to YOUNG to have a credit card :(
and my mom is soo extremly careful with hers so i cant use hers.. Thats prolly coz shes old by now :p
But seriously TELL ME, PLEEASE. I love RunUO, its the application i love the most in the world! (I just realised that now! Kewl..)

Dalius

Wanderer
ferfecirs said:
hehe I'm sphere scripter and I'm create world Ryan 8) runuo is good but you must work because look at the runuo bug reports forum 1843 messages for you :D .İf you want play my server,you pay 10$ every month for your donations ;)

Sphere's scripting engine is WAY less powerful than RunUO's.

Sphere has a gibberish language to script with.
RunUO's has an international language, C#

Sphere is a bitch to script for.
RunUO, if you know C# well enough, you can basically do anything

L337Kr3w

Wanderer
ferfecirs said:
hehe I'm sphere scripter and I'm create world Ryan 8) runuo is good but you must work because look at the runuo bug reports forum 1843 messages for you :D .İf you want play my server,you pay 10$ every month for your donations ;)

hehe, your a retard. who gives a shit if ure a sphere scripter? that crap is worthless. Ryan is creating an emulator, i think thats more respectable then scripting for a shit emu.

oh yah, and at least we got ppl fixing bugs unlike sphere. hah

sicron

Sorceror
ok this isnt meant to be a flame guys so please dont take it that way...the best response to people that have nothing better to do with their time than to come here and try to brag about whatever emu they are using or try to put down runuo is not to respond to them...the only reason they do it is to get everyone all worked up...and it seems to work every time! so just my $.02 ignore them and they will get bored and leave....granted some of them may need a little push from the mods but one way or another theyll get the hint 8)

L

Lost User

sicron said:
ok this isnt meant to be a flame guys so please dont take it that way...the best response to people that have nothing better to do with their time than to come here and try to brag about whatever emu they are using or try to put down runuo is not to respond to them...the only reason they do it is to get everyone all worked up...and it seems to work every time! so just my $.02 ignore them and they will get bored and leave....granted some of them may need a little push from the mods but one way or another theyll get the hint 8)

Most sence I have heard all day.

- Konoko

XaRaNn

Wanderer
wow this thread really turned in a flame war.

RUNUO is unconstestably ALOT more powerfull than sphere, C# is a real language and u can do anything with it.

the fact is, sphere scripting is less powerfull, but its not meant to be. its not meant to be a programming language, its SCRIPTING.
the advantage to it is that its ALOT easier to use than a real programming language, but its ALOT less powerfull.

each one has its advantages.

Banishxx

Wanderer
Ryan, OSI pvp the way alot of us liked it is now gone forever.
What you and the runuo team has done is monumental.
You gave UO more life ( a free one actually? :p)
I know I'm just waiting for somebody to step up and make THE runuo shard. As in no AOS, pre p16 or pre:uor!

Phantom

Knight
Sphere has no advantages LOL

Scripting Sucks
Buggy as hell

Nothing good about it, sad part besides RunUO its the simplest to use which makes good for the users who are to young to spend 5 days with no sleep doing their shard.

Houston

Sorceror
Dalius said:
Sphere's scripting engine is WAY less powerful than RunUO's.

Sphere has a gibberish language to script with.
RunUO's has an international language, C#

Sphere is a bitch to script for.
RunUO, if you know C# well enough, you can basically do anything

Man, is that -ever- the truth. Don't get me wrong, having used Sphere for a long time, as an emulator they did a decent job. Unfortunately, it's so damn hardcoded and buggy that you spent double the time -fixing- crap just to be able to actually script and accomplish anything. Compared to RunUO, it's like skating uphill =/

Unfortunately, (and this -can- be fixed by people) C# does require a basis of beginning knowledge in programming structure and flowcharting. It's occasionally -too- powerful, I've noticed, since if you don't know what you're doing, you can cause yourself some problems. But that's simply a matter of educating and practicing with the language in order to master it, and personally, if you intend to make a successful server, you need to be educating yourself daily -anyway-. There's always something extra to be learned.

Good job to the RunUO team. Now, if we could just figure out a good way to recompile and not disconnect everyone, I'd be estastic =)

JKnezevic

Wanderer
Wow I really hope this RunUO server comes along great :D Well I would donate to help you out Ryan but right now I am investing to much money into my new comp and into my adsl srry, if I ever get the chance to donate, you got my money :D

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Anyone wanting to donate via snail mail can do it as follows:

RunUO Development Team
2503 Arborlake Lane Suite 627
Indianapolis, Indiana

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Ryan said:
Anyone wanting to donate via snail mail can do it as follows:

RunUO Development Team
2503 Arborlake Lane Suite 627
Indianapolis, Indiana

So do you guys work with eachother on this in person?

Revan

Sorceror
I can't send it like that, it'd cost ten times as much as i wanna donate to make it deliver.. Guess i'll just forget it, sorry Ryan.. and everyone else :\

Dooder

Wanderer
I dont post here much, but Ive done so much with RunUO. I love it. It truly is a masterpeice program. Thanks Ryan. Btw, do what you want with my donation. It doesnt matter, you deserve some spending money after all youve spent/done for the RunUO community.

David

Moderate
OK, I played GoldenTee for the first time tonight. :shock: Wow! What a game! I can see a LOT of money getting sunk into this. I was +11 after 18 holes on my first game. Not too bad I thought... :D