RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Halloween Event

krrios

Administrator
RunUO Halloween Event

In October of 2000, OSI pleasantly surprised many players (including myself) by launching a unique shard, dubbed "Shard O' Screams." This was one of a few special shards that they put up, including Santa's Sleigh, Farmageddon, and of course, Abyss.

That was 5 years ago, and it's hard to imagine anything like that happening again. Well, on OSI anyway.

Over the last few weeks, some friends and I have been working diligently to recreate that experience; to design and decorate our own halloween shard with the same spirit that OSI once had.

It's called "Devils' Hallow" (hey, you try naming a halloween shard :eek:), and it lies somewhere between Shard O' Screams and Abyss. We're very excited to see your reactions to it, and hope to leave the same mark that OSI once left on us.

The shard will open its doors at midnight, UTC, on the 30th--exactly one day before halloween--and stay up for 5 days. I've been intentionally vague on the details: we'd like much of it to be a surprise. But, if you are interested in the shard, there are two ways to participate:

First, if you run your own shard, you can use this script to have Devils' Hallow show up on your server list automatically when the shard opens. The script will also deactivate itself after 5 days.

Secondly, you can log in traditionally:

Code:
Address: halloween.runuo.com
Port: 5226

-like-

Code:
LoginServer=halloween.runuo.com,5226

Remember, however, that in either case, the server will not be accessible until it opens.

Hope to see you there.

Drull

Wanderer
First post.

And uh, more cowbell.

Btw, I've seen it, twice now. It's .. very well done. Kudos to the RunUO newbs :)

hi there all. ive been trying over and over to find it on UOG but i cant. with the .cs file do i put it into my runuo folder. and load UOG. thanks looking forward to see it.

Manu

Knight
What time would the opening be in the GMT+1 timezone? Sorry for the question, but I'm just to dumb to calculate it right :(

TMSTKSBK

Lord
WonderlandADnc said:
hi there all. ive been trying over and over to find it on UOG but i cant. with the .cs file do i put it into my runuo folder. and load UOG. thanks looking forward to see it.

...load your shard up, enter that, and it will be on the serverlist.

milva

Sorceror
Could some one pls state where this script goes-which folder? Custom? Tnks would lov to add it

i no what you are saying, but at the top it has a .cs file. i also was thinking we had to put it into our runuo folder. as i cant find it on UOG

etherkye

Wanderer
erm you know when you click on a server after signing in. I think it adds a secound server to that which is a link to the runuo one. And it's 12 midnigh UTC. i think it's an hour difference.