RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Support for 7.0.16 patch

_Epila_

Sorceror
Ok, i know everything is right script-wise as far as this tutorial goes, but when i load the server it loads, runs, and seems stable.
But when i go to log on this is what i get...

Code:
Core: Using dual save strategy
World: Saving...done in 0.01 seconds.
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed b
y the remote host
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
  at Server.Network.NetState.InternalBeginReceive() in c:\Users\D-Roc\Desktop\`
RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\Se
rver\Network\NetState.cs:line 121
  at Server.Network.NetState.Start() in c:\Users\D-Roc\Desktop\`RunUO 2.0 SVN 5
26 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\Server\Network\Ne
tState.cs:line 766
Client: 192.168.1.68: Disconnected. [0 Online]
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed b
y the remote host
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndAccept(Byte[]& buffer, Int32& bytesTransferre
d, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndAccept(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at Server.Network.Listener.OnAccept(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in c:\Users\D-R
oc\Desktop\`RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest
+ SA 1.5\Server\Network\Listener.cs:line 132
y the remote host
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndAccept(Byte[]& buffer, Int32& bytesTransferre
d, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndAccept(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at Server.Network.Listener.OnAccept(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in c:\Users\D-R
oc\Desktop\`RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest + SA 1.5\RunUO 2.0 SVN 526 + ML Latest
+ SA 1.5\Server\Network\Listener.cs:line 132

It seems to repeat itself until i close the client.
Any suggestions or am i doing something wrong?

Sorry, but I cant tell what is wrong, be sure that anything important was deleted/changed.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
it did that even before i did the mods. It only does it when i try to log on.
Nothing else has been added or modded, that was on a fresh server.

_Epila_

Sorceror
Your error seem to be in the Listener.cs, nothing on this patch is related to that
Try to download a fresh server from RunUO

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
Yea, i had that in mind also, but i've tried 3 fresh servers, and even 3 different clients. Same error every time. I really dont understand this.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
But thats just the thing, Im doing nothing wrong. Even with a fresh server and no mods done at all (besides datapath.cs to UO directory),
It still does this. Ive turned my firewall off, uninstalled my AVs, Even ran a Windows Repair to be sure my PC was fine.
This one really has me scratching my head.. lol

Safera

Page
I want to preface this by saying that I am extremely new to both RunUO and C# (like only a few hours new - lol).

Yesterday, I had a RunUO 2.1 (R605) server up and running with an old Mondain's client download from CNET, but it had a lot of odd things, like doors out in the middle of nowhere, so I went in search of other clients, which seemed to be the way to get different starting graphics, etc.

I downloaded the newest official classic UO client (7.0.16). I have been using Razor to login and now it just hangs on the client creation screen after choosing a character profile.

So, I found this thread and went in search of: Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs.
My version of RunUO (2.1 R605) does not follow that file structure and my PacketHandlers.cs file does not have the same code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

aberent

Page
I want to preface this by saying that I am extremely new to both RunUO and C# (like only a few hours new - lol).

Yesterday, I had a RunUO 2.1 (R605) server up and running with an old Mondain's client download from CNET, but it had a lot of odd things, like doors out in the middle of nowhere, so I went in search of other clients, which seemed to be the way to get different starting graphics, etc.

I downloaded the newest official classic UO client (7.0.16). I have been using Razor to login and now it just hangs on the client creation screen after choosing a character profile.

So, I found this thread and went in search of: Server/Network/PacketHandlers.cs.
My version of RunUO (2.1 R605) does not follow that file structure and my PacketHandlers.cs file does not have the same code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Are you sure you are looking at PackerHandlers.cs and not PacketHandler.cs? (There are 2 files named almost the same)

I attached the fixed PacketHandlers.cs to this post if you are still having issues.

Attachments

• PacketHandlers.cs
    68 KB · Views: 30

Safera

Page
It's PacketHandlers.cs. But it's in the folder: \Scripts\Engines\RemoteAdmin

Maybe I need the SVN (mono) version of RunUO 2.1 downloaded?

The one I'm running doesnt even have a \Server or \Server\Network folder.

Could it be that?

aberent

Page
It's PacketHandlers.cs. But it's in the folder: \Scripts\Engines\RemoteAdmin

Maybe I need the SVN (mono) version of RunUO 2.1 downloaded?

The one I'm running doesnt even have a \Server or \Server\Network folder.

Could it be that?

Ahh I see. Yes you need to download the SVN source code for the server, update it and recompile. If you just downloaded the regulard RunUo package, it does not come with the server source code.

Safera

Page
Ok, I'm back already. Can someone show me the link to the correct RunUO SVN that this post references? because none of the ones I've downloaded so far have the same files.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I'm not sure if you are trying to run just a standard RunUo server or a ML Server, the RunUo team has not implemented much of the ML client features. I don't believe they intend to, if I remember correctly they don't much care for that Client. Callandor2k has been doing a great job of building one here ( http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-with-mondains-legacy.93361/page-51 ) it doesn't (last I knew) support Client 7.0.16 but you can patch it to that Client in this thread. I did make a clean server (No MODs to it except a 7.0.13 patch so you can select a starting City) here it is... this will run Client 7.0.13 I have tried to update this to run Client 7.0.16 but had no real luck in getting everything to work right ... Yet :) Everything is marked in the in the files I MODed.

Attachments

• ML 143.rar
    6.9 MB · Views: 30

Safera

Page
Just so u know, as of today, the link above from aberent (http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/Server/), is good to go already for use with the 7.0.16 classic client. No longer needed to hand-edit as per Epila's wonderful directions.

(You do have to find a runme.bat and the Ultima.dll and other 2 .dll files tho as they aren't there for download...at least not that I saw.)

But I wanted to give anyone else who tried to download it a head's up.