RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUOBeta36World2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaei

Wanderer
Getting these errors

Getting this error. Before I just deleted the dupe script, but it's not working with this error
===============================================

- Error Scripts\Custom\XmlSpawner2.cs CS0101 (line 304, column 18) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for 'XmlSpawner'

-Error Scripts\Custom\XmlSpawner2.cs CS0101 (line 5985, column 18) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for 'XmlSpawnerGump'

===============================================

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
that means that you already have the xmlspawner2 package installed and bobsmarts world comes with the original xmlspawner, so you have two competing xmlspawner definitions.
Just delete the xlmspawner.cs file that comes with the world package (or uninstall xmlspawner2) and you will be fine.

jaei

Wanderer
Thanks a ton, my friend. Wow, i've asked about 4 newbish questions and haven't been flamed once. I think I'm going for a record!

( Either that or you guys are pretty nooby friendly.)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
many people probably want to use it for just the spawns, and those are fine. But as you suggest, for those who install the whole thing, there are incompatibilities between the included packages that leads the devs to recommend against it.

jaei

Wanderer
Heh

I wish I were a dev. I barely know how to read my own language, I can't imagine learning to read code....( some day! )

EDIT==

And by the way. If i shouldn't load this script, which one should I load to spawn the world?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
I think the spawn files are in the spawns/ directory. They are just .xml files that you can load using the "[xmlspawnerload filename" command.
If you just want spawns, all you need are the .xml files underneath that directory.
Then either install the xmlspawner.cs that is included in the package, or install xmlspawner2 which is a separate package in submissions, or knightshades standalone xmlspawner, and proceed to [xmlspawnerload the .xml spawnfiles.

I think you can also install the createworld.cs from bobsmarts package and run [createworld to load the spawns from a gump instead.

jaei

Wanderer
I hate to keep pestering, but I've gotten rid of all the errors. But when I type in [createworld , and just pick spawn. It says it can't find the files

ImportWSC Files not found
ImportWSC 0 files imported come up.

No monsters
No animals
No Nothing

I'm starting to think that I need to learn how to read and write C#... then I don't have to ask so many questions.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
you may have to comment out the 2 or 3 lines in createworld.cs that attempt to importwsc.

by poking aroung and beginning to modify scripts, you will start to learn c# so just keep at it.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
on this package, do i unzip the b36 download on top of this?? or just grab the .exe for the server and the various dll's?

How can I have it just spawn the OSI light, because my server isn't on the best host in the world and I don't want many many monsters/animals but just enough.

Honor

Sorceror

Might just be an Newbie error but anyways:

When i try to spawn felucca i get nothing no animals monsters or anything, says imoprtwsc waint found!

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
on this package, do i unzip the b36 download on top of this?? or just grab the .exe for the server and the various dll's?

This is not a replacement for the actual runuo distribution. You have to install the distro as usual, then add this package on top of it.

Nitrous Express said:
How can I have it just spawn the OSI light, because my server isn't on the best host in the world and I don't want many many monsters/animals but just enough.
just do an xmlspawnerload of the osilight .xml file (spawns/felucca/osilight.xml I think)

Honor said:
Might just be an Newbie error but anyways:

When i try to spawn felucca i get nothing no animals monsters or anything, says imoprtwsc waint found!
see my comments on the wsc references a couple of posts back.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Re: .

Honor said:
I dont understan it what is C# and Dll and xml and all that?

xml refers to a type of text file (extensible/extended markup language) that contains text-formatted data that can be read in by programs. You will see these files with the .xml extension.

C# is the programming language that scripts for runuo are written in. These are also text files and will have a .cs extension.

Dlls are executable libraries that are typically used by standalone executable programs that have already been compiled. They will have a .dll extension.

Check out the various faqs on the forums for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.