RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO 2.0] Integrated Web-Server

romanthebrain

Sorceror
romanthebrain;849465 said:
I Already have this error and dont know to fix it .

Can anybody help me?

PHP:
Errors:
 + WebServer/WebObjects/ItemCatalog.wsobj.cs:
    CS0103: Line 84: The name 'Hues' does not exist in the current context
 + WebServer/WebObjects/StatusPage.wsobj.cs:
    CS0117: Line 30: 'Server.Accounting.Accounts' does not contain a definition
for 'Table'

i mean this error... any ideas?

Vorspire

Knight
Life is very busy atm, I only get to work on projects and scripts for a total of 10h per week, so be patient ;)

Vorspire

Knight
romanthebrain;852109 said:
something new to the hue error?

Try asking for more help in the Script Support forum, you'll have more luck with a fresh dedicated thread for your problem(s).

Vorspire

Knight
Just a small update;

The automatic updates engine is working now. This will allow your copy of WSL (1.3+) to download the latest CodePlex source releases, extract the package, compile the solution and rebuild itself with nothing more than the touch of a key.

The File Buffer API has had an overhaul, it now incorporates the DeflateStream and GZipStream classes from the System.IO.Compression namespace.
This will allow you to send and receive compressed data in the standard LZ77 algorithm and Huffman coding, which is especially useful for transporting larger files.

I am also pleased to announce that the multiple MySQL server listing and asynchronous MySQL server connection API is fully functional, enabling you to bridge the gaps between multiple MySQL servers with nothing more than a simple server-name reference.

The "Gravaton Engine" (a system responsible for dedication towards web/text-based MMORPG with special gamer-related API's and services) is also in the works, but will probably not be included with WSL 1.3 as standard and will most likely be released as a Custom Core Module.

All reported issues will be revised and the updated change-log will be available soon.

The RunUO release version will also be getting some minor updates, which should hopefully make all Custom Core Modules and Web Objects run without error. It is possible that I will have to release an extended version of the UO:SDK 2.X with 1.3 to make this possible, but has not been decided yet and I have not asked Jeff's permission, so this is just hear'say for now.

Thanks to all of those who have waited so long for WSL 1.3, your patience will soon be rewarded greatly...

ft2085267

Sorceror
And does not display LOGO. There have been similar problems before, all the pictures are not shown

[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request: /runuo/test_image.jpg
[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request Reply: Error Page
[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request: /runuo/status.vor
[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request Reply: Error Page
[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request Reply: index.html
[WebServer]: [127.0.0.1] Request: /logo.png

Attachments

• 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 29

Vorspire

Knight
The 1.2 version has problems with identifying MimeTypes and ContentTypes of images and certain files and is also caused because WSL uses the wrong Encoding for the image data in the stream.

I assure these are already fixed in my local 1.3 version but I still don't know when I'll havetime to finish it, it's a huge project for just one person to handle.
I'm in and out of hospital atm and I have a lot of other projects going on that (I hate to say it) take priority over this because they are bringing in extra money :S

Suffice to say, WSL 1.3 will definitely get completed and I'm proud of the patience of the community in wiating for this release because I know it will benefit everyone a great deal.

Thanks for your time and patience (again) :)

PS.

You can attempt to fix the borken images yourself by fixing the Utilities/MimeTypes.cs script, because I think that's what's failing with images...
Before any WebObject is output to the stream, the ContentType is set, by default it's "Text/Plain" and for a JPEG image it should be "Image/Jpeg", but the MimeType handler seems to be broken, therefore your browser thinks that images are plain-text, unless you explicitly set it yourself.

The MimeTypes handler's job is to check and set the default MimeType of EVERY WebObject.

The MimeTypes detection script is a piece of work that I didn't write, I merely grabbed the code and modified it to work with WSL, so it looks like I'll have to overhaul the whole thing for 1.3 (even though the issue is resolved, there's no need to keep bloated code)

PPS

I just did some testing with 1.2 Stable-BETA and everything is working fine.
I *was* able to re-create your problem in a certain way:
When WSL starts up, if it encounters any errors during the gathering and compilation of WebObjects, then *no* web-objects will be loaded into WSL *at all* which means you'll get nothing but failed requests for any *virtual* WebObject.

I will improve to compilation system for 1.3 in such a way that it will use the process of elimination and re-compiling to ensure that even errors will not disturb the initialization and registration of WebObjects and other WSL modules.

Thanks for your time.

ft2085267

Sorceror
Haha,
It does not matter, I will wait. ;)
But I now want to experience your system. Even if this is WLS1.2,
I visited once without success, so please help me.
Thank you very much 100% :D

I try to modify:
ItemCatalog.wsobj.cs
Paperdoll.wsobj.cs
Their code
ContentType = "image / Jpeg";
I have visited:
http://127.0.0.1/runuo/catalog.vor
Tip: Can not find file.

StaticZ

Sorceror
New realeses?? We are wating =)))

I had some problems running webServer with exception "service could not start because there seems to be a service listening on the specified hosts" wasn't correct (because the problem wasn't in ports), the solution of such error can cause much problems so I reccommended to fix message in WebServer.Core.GetListener() from
Code:
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                if (ex is HttpListenerException)
                {
                    ConsoleWriteError("The {0} service could not start because there seems to be a service listening on the specified hosts.", Config.SystemName);
                    return null;
                }
                else
                {
                    ConsoleWriteError("Exception Thrown:\n{0}", ex);
                    return null;
                }
            }
to
Code:
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                if (ex is HttpListenerException)
                {
                    if ((ex as HttpListenerException).ErrorCode == 5) {
                        string username  = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("USERNAME");
                        string userdomain = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("USERDOMAIN");
                        ConsoleWriteError("You need to run all or one the following commands:");
                        foreach (string prefix in prefixes)
                            ConsoleWriteError("  netsh http add urlacl url={0} user={1}\\{2} listen=yes", prefix, userdomain, username);
                    } else {
                        ConsoleWriteError("The {0} service could not start because there seems to be a service listening on the specified hosts.", Config.SystemName);
                    }
                    return null;
                }
                else
                {
                    ConsoleWriteError("Exception Thrown:\n{0}", ex);
                    return null;
                }
            }

Vorspire

Knight
IF you had of set up your config properly, the only error you would have generated is the error related to the service host ports already being used.
I don't see why you would want to change a message sent by the system, when the problem is caused by a fault configuration...
If you're going to suggest a replacement for my code, at least make it clear, clean and a good reason for doing so and do it in a separate thread, because your edit could cause more problems than it fixes.

Furthermore, I've abandoned this project, there are plenty of reasons for it, one being that I don't have any time at all to work on it because I prioritize by income, paid jobs get done first.
Also, it doesn't support POST data, it doesn't support ASP.NET or PHP and it's not capable of caching pages properly so there is a memory leak.

StaticZ

Sorceror
IF you had of set up your config properly, the only error you would have generated is the error related to the service host ports already being used. If you're going to suggest a replacement for my code, at least make it clear, clean and a good reason for doing so and do it in a separate thread, because your edit could cause more problems than it fixes.
In new desktop OS such as Windows Vista and Windows Seven HttpListener may required administrator privileges to start listening on a port. But it's possible to solve this problem by registering URI by netsh command. One can say with certainty that for many people this is very hard to understand whats wrong especially if server return incorrect error description. More detail review of problem can be find here. I just only advice to make description more detail to help users to solve possible error.

Vorspire

Knight
In new desktop OS such as Windows Vista and Windows Seven HttpListener may required administrator privileges to start listening on a port. But it's possible to solve this problem by registering URI by netsh command. One can say with certainty that for many people this is very hard to understand whats wrong especially if server return incorrect error description. More detail review of problem can be find here. I just only advice to make description more detail to help users to solve possible error.

Edit the properties of your RunUO.exe, hit the Compatibility tab, at the very bottom under Privileges, check the Run As Administrator box.
If that fails to work, the fix you suggested can be automatically invoked in order to bypass the exception and continue operation without interrupting the start-up process, take a look at System.Diagnostics.Process and how you cn invoke cmd.exe and netsh.exe instead of just changing the error output ;)

StaticZ

Sorceror
Edit the properties of your RunUO.exe, hit the Compatibility tab, at the very bottom under Privileges, check the Run As Administrator box.
1) Why they must do this if server say that it can't open port because of its already opened? 2) Not anybody wants to do this because of security..

If that fails to work, the fix you suggested can be automatically invoked in order to bypass the exception and continue operation without interrupting the start-up process, take a look at System.Diagnostics.Process and how you cn invoke cmd.exe and netsh.exe instead of just changing the error output ;)
May be... I only want to show you a possible problem and a simplest way to solve it :)

Vorspire

Knight
1) Why they must do this if server say that it can't open port because of its already opened?
Window's native HttpListener library requires admin permissions to run.

2) Not anybody wants to do this because of security..
Why would opening a port ( http port 80 ) make anything less secure if you're already opening it for http requests?
Opening a port is opening a port, no matter what context it was opened in.

The reason it gives this error is because I didn't write any other error catching possibility outcomes, so that generic error is sent if any error happens at that point in the call stack, I did that because the chances of it being that error are pretty much 98% and I didn't want to write a massive list of handlers with different messages.[/quote][/quote]

Vorspire

Knight
Dude awsome man cant wait to get to play with it
Furthermore, I've abandoned this project, there are plenty of reasons for it, one being that I don't have any time at all to work on it because I prioritize by income, paid jobs get done first.
Also, it doesn't support POST data, it doesn't support ASP.NET or PHP and it's not capable of caching pages properly so there is a memory leak.

By all means feel free to build up on the source code yourself :)