RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO X] World of Warcraft Level System Utility/SDK Implimentation Guide

Oh I see. That's pretty cool actually, once you get used to it. Since this was your leveling system Vorspire, do you have any clue how I could add in my idea for limiting public moongate destinations by level? I will most likely be releasing my entire repack version for the server once I get everything incorporated, but this is my focus for right now.

Vorspire

Knight
I'd recommend building a new Gump to use for the Moongates, or find an already modded Moongate script that may be easier to integrate with the Level System.
I haven't looked at the code in this system for a very long time so I can't suggest anything right now.

Azden777

Page
Running 2.2 and having lots of issues. Fixed almost all of them, but 2 has got me stumped (same issue, twice).

Being with this here code:

Code:
ArrayList members = p.Members;
(Line 1386 of BaseCreature.cs)

The Error log is telling me:

Code:
Cannot Implicitly Convert Type 'Server.Collections.Generic.List(Server.Engines.PartySystem.PartySystemInfo)' to 'System.Collections.ArrayList'

Any Idea? Thanks.

PS: I'll release the updated code when it is working.

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    134.4 KB · Views: 1
Running 2.2 and having lots of issues. Fixed almost all of them, but 2 has got me stumped (same issue, twice).

Being with this here code:

Code:
ArrayList members = p.Members;
(Line 1386 of BaseCreature.cs)

The Error log is telling me:

Code:
Cannot Implicitly Convert Type 'Server.Collections.Generic.List(Server.Engines.PartySystem.PartySystemInfo)' to 'System.Collections.ArrayList'

Any Idea? Thanks.

PS: I'll release the updated code when it is working.

I got the leveling system to work, solving those errors, but I've also done some other changes to my BaseCreature I think. Here is my BaseCreature, and it works 100%. If you are having difficulty pinpointing the differences, check out using WinMerge to compare the two.

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    136.9 KB · Views: 13

Azden777

Page
Alright thanks, I'll check it out now. I use Notepad++ However.

LOL! Oh wow! I just rebuilt my project with the

Code:
ArrayList members = new ArrayList(p.Members);

As I was looking at your code haha.

Thanks very much. What did you do about the PlayerMobile.cs file

Line 1440:
Code:
An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or property 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.m_LastOnline'

I am seeing if I can fix it now as you reply :D

Thanks tons.

Alright thanks, I'll check it out now. I use Notepad++ However.

LOL! Oh wow! I just rebuilt my project with the

Code:
ArrayList members = new ArrayList(p.Members);

As I was looking at your code haha.

Thanks very much. What did you do about the PlayerMobile.cs file

Line 1440:
Code:
An object reference is required for the nonstatic field, method, or property 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.m_LastOnline'

I am seeing if I can fix it now as you reply :D

Thanks tons.

My PlayerMobile is definitely different, but here is that file as well so you can locate the differences. I remember that there were actually two definitions in the file for m_LastOnline.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    119.4 KB · Views: 9

Azden777

Page
Oh trust me... mine too :) I have a custom vampire system I made added in for one. More for Roleplay atm than anything, haven't added stats or anything yet.

I spent about 4 hours going through those files to get rid of the errors. I also set it up so that when a player levels up they get some skillballs (they get two because neither one from this system cover all the skills and I haven't gotten around to editing those yet). My only issue moving forward is that I need to alter the XP reward because some of the monsters give out 565 xp (or something like that) and that doesn't seem very viable since elites should only be giving out double xp (at level 1, that would equate to 100 xp). The system isn't perfect, but it works very well and is a great thing to build on.

Azden777

Page
I see, could you post your other files too? It seems to be trying to delete all my mobiles and crash.

I must've done something wrong.

And yes it is a great base for sure.

Azden777

Page
Not sure how it works yet, it might already do this, but I am going to set the XP based on difficulty, stat difference, and so on. Also, levels won't lvl your stats or skills up, just make the cap higher.

I think those were the only two files (and maybe CharacterCreation.cs) that had to be changed. I'm currently working on my CharacterCreation file though, so I can't post that up right this minute. I would say just revert your PlayerMobile.cs back to what it was before you started doing these changes (because you definitely did a backup of each of these files before you starting changing them right? ;)) and then go through line by line to see what is happening.

Azden777

Page
I think those were the only two files (and maybe CharacterCreation.cs) that had to be changed. I'm currently working on my CharacterCreation file though, so I can't post that up right this minute. I would say just revert your PlayerMobile.cs back to what it was before you started doing these changes (because you definitely did a backup of each of these files before you starting changing them right? ;)) and then go through line by line to see what is happening.
Back... up? What's that?

Hehehe... just kidding :p Yeah I did.

It seems to load everything, then when it comes to the world it wants to delete my mobiles by throwing it out of exception. I am going to retry implementing the PlayerMobiles.cs again.

Also I was meaning the BaseWeapon.cs and BaseArmor.cs

OH!!! You are running into an issue with serialization. I forgot about BaseWeapon and BaseArmor too lol! I implemented this system first, before I had anything else incorporated (except Nerun's Distro), so I wiped the shard clean (by going in and wiping out the stuff in the saves folder) and started from scratch until this worked. I am not 100% on serialization and deserialization practices, but if you try to read something different than the format it was written, it will cause this error.

Azden777

Page
Okay, forgot to change write(17) to write(18) in BaseCreature.cs so I am checking to see if that worked.

If not, clean wipe :D Honestly didn't really do much anyways.

Azden777

Page
Yeah wiping worked. Gotta go for now though so when I get back, I am going to respawn the world and save, exist, and reload.

Yeah, because of the addition of Level, Experience, etc from the XP system, those changes need to be set in the Serialization/Deserialization. I am pretty sure those changes were in the description given to install the system.

Azden777

Page
Yeah well it does start up... however for one: Monster's names are not a different color. Every mob's name is just grey Lol!

Edit: Cancel that... restarted, happened again.

Edit 2: Restored everything to default :/

I haven't incorporated the WoW color stuff at this point, not sure if I want to, so keep in mind that my files didn't have any of that included.

Azden777

Page
Ooohhh.... alright.... yeah that makes sense. Well if you do, I recommend an automated process such as: Base the color dependant upon the Player's Stats/Skills (Performance) Against the Monster's/And/or/PVP Player's Stats/Skills (Also Performance)

PS: Could you include each file you edited please? :D

There you go, that is all 4 of them.

Attachments

• BaseArmor.cs
    49.5 KB · Views: 17
  • BaseWeapon.cs
    106.2 KB · Views: 18
  • BaseCreature.cs
    136.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PlayerMobile.cs
    119.4 KB · Views: 22